Is it time to slide Charles Oliveira over Tony Ferguson in All-Time Lightweights

bartleby929

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
With his dominant win over Dariush (unbeaten 5 years), Oliveria is now back in title contention. He has a storied career just like Tony Ferguson had, a title reign where he defended the strap more times than Islam has (against Dana favorites Dustin & Justin), and all the records to back it up.

1. Khabib 2. BJ Penn 3. Frankie Edgar 4. Charles Oliveria?

Tony had a longer streaks with less names, lost when he was older. Olivera has a shorter streak with the top of the division besides Islam. There is some sort of debate here, but Olivera proved himself with his title run. Basically cleared the top 5.

Tony got way further than he ever should have based on his toughness and cardio. There's a bunch of LWs that are/were better than him on paper. But based on his winning streak I'd say about 4th/5th all time in the division is fair.

TF was unbeatable when he was on his winstreak that would have culminated in fighting Khabib

Back then, Do Bronx was very beatable.

I don't have recency bias unlike half the people here. I watched Ferguson's whole career and Do Bronx's whole career too.

Oliveira surpassed El Cucuy when he beat him heads up.

I swear...ever since the unnecessary double weight cut by Tony after the Khabib fight got cancelled in 2020, Tony has been downhill since. Age and that dumb weight cut really fucked him up. Since then, he's been 0-5.

More olive hype threads back after being under a rock for months, as bad as conor fans.

With his dominant win over Dariush (unbeaten 5 years), Oliveria is now back in title contention. He has a storied career just like Tony Ferguson had, a title reign where he defended the strap more times than Islam has (against Dana favorites Dustin & Justin), and all the records to back it up.

1. Khabib 2. BJ Penn 3. Frankie Edgar 4. Charles Oliveria?
Easily.
Charles's best wins are MUCH better than Tony's best wins.
Heck, I know he doesn't have the title defenses of BJ or Edgars, but I may even put him at #2.
He was a champion. Tony was only interim.

Back