Social Is Joe Rogan a menace to public health? Megathread

Are the doctors who signed the letter correct?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
But man, how do you turn your back on $100 mil though? I see what you mean, but I can't fault Joe on this. If anything, Spotify should have done better research and not thrown $100 mil at the dude.

<WhatItIs>
Rogan was making like 30 million a year on YouTube his last 2 years there.

His pass as a stand-up comedian should definitely be revoked.

Not that he was ever that funny in the first place, but imagine how terrible he's going to be when he's walking on egg-shells and trying to avoid offending anybody. It's going to be Schaub-level.

The old meathead Joe who said whatever he wanted because he was all jacked-up and on PEDs, is as good as gone. What's left now is just a fading memory of the times when people didn't have to act so stiff and rigid about everything.

Disappointing in Rogan for caving into the notion the context no longer matters. He was big enough to weather this storm and should have stood firm not just for himself but for free speech in general.

Ah well, can we cancel the Young Turks too then since its been decided nuance and context are irrelevant these days?

Don’t forget Biden saying it both on accident and on purpose

Why do you guys act oppressed because you can’t say the n word? You guys want to be the victims so bad. Slavery sucked, I think it’s pretty easy to just not use a word that millions of Americans associate with that time. The only issue I have is digging up the past to get Rogan in trouble in the present. Rogans had many black guests on and I don’t think he is racist.

"I, because of my race, get to tell you, because of your race, what you may and may not say." = equal rights?

The democratic reich hit squad has assassinated Joes character.

That seems doubtful. Why would he sign a deal to earn less?
Just a few years prior he was only making 5 million a year. Obviously election cycle and covid lockdowns blasted his numbers up, but if you are offered 10 year job security, knowing how fickle the market is, you probably take it.

Cancel them too? Did Rogan get cancelled? No, he didn't. Why is it so hard for most of the WR to comment without making shit up or resorting to misleading false equivalencies?

Being a bit anal there with semantics, anyways 113 episodes were pulled so it was a partial cancelling.

Correction, both his ardent supporters and detractors are equally absurd. When the non-opinions of a coffee-table pot head are the top priority in society you just know we're fucking done....

I just find all the crying by the rogan bros really amusing...grown ass men crying for millionaire joe rogan cause he got called out for being wacist and going full retard regarding the vaccines. It's pretty wild how some people get caught up in celebrity gossip and then claim to be alpha bros. Some of Joe Rogans older podcasts were really entertaining though ..especially the ones he did with Alex Jones.

The difference is that the left is dominant in the relevant bureaucracies and professional fields. Higher ed administration, HR staff, public school teachers and administrators, journalists, tech companies, pretty much all of them lean left. So when they draw their red lines and police social interactions, they're doing so on average more so from a left POV.

The right wants to resist this because they don't like the newfound cultural dominance that the left has achieved through its so called "long march" through the institutions combined with recent mass mobilization. But they're trying to do so in a clunky, top down way that actually is closer to proper censorship and the chilling of speech by the government with these anti-CRT and anti-protest bills.
That pesky constitution, though. And what’s scotus look like these days?
Also, which companies are we talking about? Twitter loves right leaning content, even has algorithms to promote it. Fox News has more viewers than all the other 24 hours news channels combined. Donald Trump was just president. This “the left controls everything” sounds like paranoia. I’ll grant you academia, which has always been the case. But again, what’s this mass mobilization you’re talking about? Some people with pronouns? Lazy kids? I’m not seeing much that’s new. And, you know, some “left” ideals like protecting people from discrimination and harassment in the workplace are actually positive. It’s not all trannies and covid madness.

What is your bar to decide someone isn't liberal?

Social justice nonsense? Or his actual wishes for policy?

Because I hate to break it to you, Rogan is very liberal in most of his views.
He's a alt right shitstirrer. His entire audience is anti left and that is who he panders to. Pretending he's a liberal when ALL he does is pander to the right is insulting to your own intelligence. But play the "what does it really mean to be liberal?" philosophical masterbation game if you please...

Last edited:
The woke mob, including notorious characters such as Neil Young and Joni Mitchell (who?) are mercilessly attacking Joe Rogan. Why is this happening to our favourite manlet? He was accused of fanning anti-vac sentiments. Although a bit shook, he took it like a man and it looked like it would go away. But the mob has smelled the blood and they are relentless. Obviously not happy that Joe Rogan is still standing, an ultra jealous woke mob member, who is an artist who nobody remembers the name of and makes $100 a year on Spotify, whereas Rogan makes a $100mill, dug deep in the archives and found gold: The N-word. The resulting attack has left Joe Rogan in total panic and he is now on his knees pleading, begging for forgiveness and apologising for his alleged crimes and at the same time putting up a display of public self-loathing that we have not seen the likes of. Where is the Joe Rogan who would verbally destroy hecklers and brush of critics like tiny flies? What is going on? The unassailable and ultra aggressive verbal giant has been reduced to a panic stricken self-loathing manlet of the lowest kind. After this, tragic meltdown, Joe Rogan will never again walk or talk with a swagger and he will forever be known for crawling in fear before Neil Young and that woman I can’t remember the name of. Who would ever have though we would witness this. Imagine how he will shrink in his boots when interviewing the likes of Ngannou and Jon Jones in the light of him being publicly obliterated for using the N-word and not standing up for himself and fighting back. I wouldn’t be surprised if Dana boots him out of UFC - not for the anti-vax and N-word, but for his humiliating display of cowardly spinelessness - which is the total opposite from what Dana demands from his fighters.

My verdict:

Joe Rogan, you get 1 out of 10 and you are now nothing but a manlet now.

7fLbhu6.jpg

Back