Is jon jones vs Alex Pereira the biggest fight to make besides conor fighting?

2004 account

For a fair sport/true mma fan, ain't no shill
@Silver
Reaction score
This is the most interesting fight for me as of now but i know it wont happen due to Jones refusing to fight anyone but Stipe. Jones' strength of schedule leaves much to be desired as does his current physique.

if it did happen though im sure that it would be one of the top selling ppvs for the ufc imo

Anyone else want to see this fight? I could see poatan getting the 3rd belt vs jones and making history while Izzy moaps about it somewhere alone. (Watch the iztards come out now and respond) 😅

CHAMA!

Screenshot_20240424_131958_Facebook.jpg

biggest in terms of sales yeah. but i don't think most genuine fans care to watch conor fight in 2024 in comparison to the other matchups that could be cooked up

Honestly no, and I’m a Pereira fan. I know exactly how it would go.

Forget Gane, Jones couldn't take Dominic Reyes down, and he couldn't keep Thiago Santos down, so what makes you think he could either take (or keep) Alex Pereira down?

Worse, in the standup, both Dominic Reyes and Thiago Santos both made Jon Jones look bad, and Alex Pereira could whip both Reyes and Santos on the same night in a kickboxing fight.

Therefore, how in the world do you think Jones has "an easy win" or some kind of "lock" here against Pereira?
Even in his prime, Jones barely be Alexander Gustafsson, who is absolutely nothing as a kickboxer compared to Alex Pereira.

The fact of the matter is, right now, Jon Jones is decrepit these days, while Alex Pereira has never looked better.

Forget Gane, Jones couldn't take Dominic Reyes down, and he couldn't keep Thiago Santos down.
What makes you think he could keep Alex Pereira down?

Further, both Dominic and Thiago out-punched Jones when they were standing, and Alex could whip all three of them on the same night in kickboxing.

So how in the world do you think Jones has "an easy win" here?

Jones is decrepit these days, while Alex has never looked better.
it was not long ago that alex slithered a win over a geriatric jan......also alex hasn't faced an elite grappler in the same realm as jones or really any grappley heavy fighter...jones atleast has rampage, machida, and gus as strikers that he defeated in devastating style.

Right now, most likely yes. Ngannou - Jones might make even bigger, but that is unrealiatic. Likewise, the option Dana is open for, Fury - Jones in the octagon would do more, bit that one is just as unrealistic.
So Jones - Pereira it is.
Fury is more likely to release a sex tape with Francis than step a foot in the octagon.....

it was not long ago that alex slithered a win over a geriatric jan......also alex hasn't faced an elite grappler in the same realm as jones or really any grappley heavy fighter...jones atleast has rampage, machida, and gus as strikers that he defeated in devastating style.

It was a fight in 5000 feet of altitude, and no one looked good.

Alex has looked sensational before, and since.

It wasn't long ago that Jon Jones barely be a fat, crippled Thiago Santos, and the non-Champion-chump, Dominic Reyes.

Meanwhile, Alex has beaten FIVE current, or former, CHAMPIONS ... while Jones has yet to face one in the past five years.

It was a fight in 5000 feet of altitude, and no one looked good.

Alex has looked sensational before, and since.

It wasn't long ago that Jon Jones barely be a fat, crippled Thiago Santos, and the non-Champion-chump, Dominic Reyes.

Meanwhile, Alex has beaten FIVE current, or former, CHAMPIONS ... while Jones has yet to face one in the past five years.
i'll go out on a limb and say that "fat" santos and that reyes that fought jones is better than any comp that alex has beaten at lhw.....just because they are not the fighters that they once were anymore doesn't mean that they weren't legitmately great in their heyday. let alex move up to hw too before making such retarded claims, he won't outsize and bloat out most of his competition in that division.

Pereira isn't old enough to fight Jon.
I find it extemely funny that you think Jones would even consider Pereira a threat. He would take him down with abolute ease and make him his wife.

Back