Is jon jones vs Alex Pereira the biggest fight to make besides conor fighting?

I find it extemely funny that you think Jones would even consider Pereira a threat. He would take him down with abolute ease and make him his wife.
I find it extremely funny that you don't grasp what a joke is.

I find it extemely funny that you think Jones would even consider Pereira a threat. He would take him down with abolute ease and make him his wife.
Hate that one. Jones' Vegas beat down left his wife bloody, in front of his traumatized children, and needed several police to stop Dana's protoge.
<WhitmanDefeat>

Forget Gane, Jones couldn't take Dominic Reyes down, and he couldn't keep Thiago Santos down, so what makes you think he could either take (or keep) Alex Pereira down?

Worse, in the standup, both Dominic Reyes and Thiago Santos both made Jon Jones look bad, and Alex Pereira could whip both Reyes and Santos on the same night in a kickboxing fight.

Therefore, how in the world do you think Jones has "an easy win" or some kind of "lock" here against Pereira?
Even in his prime, Jones barely be Alexander Gustafsson, who is absolutely nothing as a kickboxer compared to Alex Pereira.

The fact of the matter is, right now, Jon Jones is decrepit these days, while Alex Pereira has never looked better.
Pereira has worse takedown defense than Reyes or Santos though. Styles make fights.

I find it extremely funny that you don't grasp what a joke is.
You wouldn't make that joke if you didn't think there's a least a hint of truth behind it.

I like Tom vs Alex more, but its not hard to admit Jones is the bigger draw.

I think Alex vs Jones is the biggest possible fight UFC could make today.

i'll go out on a limb and say that "fat" santos and that reyes that fought jones is better than any comp that alex has beaten at lhw.....just because they are not the fighters that they once were anymore doesn't mean that they weren't legitmately great in their heyday. let alex move up to hw too before making such retarded claims, he won't outsize and bloat out most of his competition in that division.
I dunno. Jiri violently knocked Reyes out about a year after Jones squeaked past him. Hard to say that he was a better win than Jiri.
Also, hard to take that last line seriously when that's exactly what Jones spent most of his career doing.

love alex, hate jones but alex has nothing on him. it's jones vs gane all over again.
I think it would play out very differently, i doubt alex would lay down and allow himself to get sonned like that.

And jones aint even jones anymore, who knows what we would see.

Jon Jones, "The Greatest Mixed Martial Artist In History", won't even take that fight. "Way too dangerous"

Yes it is, and Pereira would be much easier than Tom Aspinall. If I were Jones I would take this fight (but not Tom lol) and then retire.

Huge fight for sure.
Prime Jones smashes Poatan on the ground. Today Jones? He would have the edge, but Poatan can one shot him.
60ish Jones 40ish Poatan IMHO.

Forget Gane, Jones couldn't take Dominic Reyes down, and he couldn't keep Thiago Santos down, so what makes you think he could either take (or keep) Alex Pereira down?

Worse, in the standup, both Dominic Reyes and Thiago Santos both made Jon Jones look bad, and Alex Pereira could whip both Reyes and Santos on the same night in a kickboxing fight.

Therefore, how in the world do you think Jones has "an easy win" or some kind of "lock" here against Pereira?
Even in his prime, Jones barely be Alexander Gustafsson, who is absolutely nothing as a kickboxer compared to Alex Pereira.

The fact of the matter is, right now, Jon Jones is decrepit these days, while Alex Pereira has never looked better.
He took down Reyes 2 times.izzy took down alex and was smothering him for a bit.

Pereira isn't old enough to fight Jon.
jon would smash pereira like a twig
and it isnt even close
you let jones fight izzy and pereira the same night
im pretty sure u still wont bet against jones

man u dont really learn do you
after more than a decade u still doubt jones

what a weirdo
theres not a singla man here on sherdog that would bet money against jones if this fight happens

this fight is the most 1 sided beatdown and it aint even fair for pereira

Last edited:
Yeah it's probably a bigger fight than Jones Aspinall and Dana might actually make this fight since Jon has a clear path to victory. Current LHW champ vs former LHW champ. Alex chasing a third belt and fighting not just a wrestler but one of the best mma wrestlers ever. It would have a ton of hype.

To the fight, I strongly favor Jones. Alex has the skill to beat him but there's a couple things working against him. One, Jon is a smart fighter and won't just stand with Alex out of pride. Two, Jon has never been knocked out or even really rocked. Three, USADA is gone so if you're expecting trash Jon to show up that's a bit naive. Would be quite the epic fight though.

Back