Is Muay Thai Good Financially?

JackTKB

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
it seems in other combat sports like mma or boxing fighters get reasonable pay (not inc reebok deal) and in muay thai u never hear them getting paid well, is it worth trying to become a full time nak muay? Love the sport but how can u support yourself on low paycheques?

Most mma and boxing guys dont make much money fighting and work full time jobs. Youre probably best to assume that if you decide to devote your life to fighting you wont make a lot of money from it.

^what Luigi said. At the top level currently you can expect generally between £4-8k. There are a couple of exceptions, but not many

Well not like it's exactly a regular job. No guarantees.
Youre probably best to assume that if you decide to devote your life to fighting you wont make a lot of money from it.
+1000000000000000000000000000

inside or outside thailand?,a lot of things are pointed to determine that

A normal purse to a high level ranked on the stadiums tend to be 70k-100k baht.(2200$ US Dollar)

A exceptional guy who are having the moment of his life on competition or a legend of the sport tend to be 120-150 baht on his purse per fight.(3500$ US Dollar)

This money is shared with the fighter camp,tend to be 50-50 or 60- 40 to the fighter,in some exceptions could be 70-30,but is rare and for fighters who fight abroad and can have much more money.

For a Thai who is fighting abroad who had success in the stadiums before,it depend about his popularity.

It is normal won 3x more than won on the stadiums,guys like Seksan,Sangmanee,Petchboonchu,Yodwicha(guys who ruled on the stadiums and are starting the international career too)

Thais already well know in the international scene like Kem,Aikpracha,Pakorn,Lerdsila,Sudsakorn,Sayiok and some others,have a better purse them the guys who are coming from the stadiums recently.

Stars like Sitthichai,Yod,Saenchai ,can have a purse even bigger than Thai well known on international scene,and im pretty sure these guys can achieve 30-50k per fight,Saenchai and Yod maybe can have more than 50k

Buakaw who is the most famous by far,usual get 300-500k dollars per fight

someone know about how much foreigners can get outside stadiums,about top level guys like Pinca and Mcallister?

i already said this in the other thread but yod price seems to be 30k a fight (for kunlun), I don't think sittichai is making less than him but def not more.
find it hard to believe saenchai is making as much as yod.

i already said this in the other thread but yod price seems to be 30k a fight (for kunlun), I don't think sittichai is making less than him but def not more.
find it hard to believe saenchai is making as much as yod.
im pretty sure he can much more than Yod in some events like Yokkao

Think Buakaw's pay is mostly somewhere around 150k/fight.

Think Buakaw's pay is mostly somewhere around 150k/fight.
yes between 150 and 200 depends how much the bonus and extras are.

im pretty sure he can much more than Yod in some events like Yokkao
more than 30k?if so that's amazing news.yokkao seems to treat him really well.

how much do they make for thai fight?thay also should pay pretty good

no way Saenchai is making as much as Yod does, Yokkao definitely not paying him more than $30k

no way Saenchai is making as much as Yod does, Yokkao definitely not paying him more than $30k
strange,because every event he is main attraction,they have a good production and a pretty big crowd,i guess he can won more than it

Saenchai gets nothing like what Yod and Buakaw get. Sittichai gets more than Saenchai on most events

The vast majority of fighters in Thailand don't make much at all. You have to be at the top.

No but MuayThai is great for your sex game. Since starting years ago I see a huge improvement. I guess you can use that sex game for financial purposes like having sex for money so in a way yeah its GREAT financially.

It saddens me how little some of the fighters out in Thailand get paid. Some of these guys put their bodies through hell and dont reap many benefits.

Most mma and boxing guys dont make much money fighting and work full time jobs. Youre probably best to assume that if you decide to devote your life to fighting you wont make a lot of money from it.
he's asking muay thai specifically and my bet is in muay thai there is way less money going around compared to mma and boxing

Back