Is Muay Thai Good Financially?

Compared to other more popular combat sports, it isn't quite financially stable.

think he was talking about his bicep endurance and grip strength :p
Not to mention that neck strength and endurance...

muay-thai-neck.jpg

How too these fighters at the top make good money outside the K-1/Glory scene be it Muay Thai outside Thailand ? it's can't be TV money plus what countries are big outside Thailand to pay good rates ?.

inside or outside thailand?,a lot of things are pointed to determine that

A normal purse to a high level ranked on the stadiums tend to be 70k-100k baht.(2200$ US Dollar)

A exceptional guy who are having the moment of his life on competition or a legend of the sport tend to be 120-150 baht on his purse per fight.(3500$ US Dollar)

This money is shared with the fighter camp,tend to be 50-50 or 60- 40 to the fighter,in some exceptions could be 70-30,but is rare and for fighters who fight abroad and can have much more money.

For a Thai who is fighting abroad who had success in the stadiums before,it depend about his popularity.

It is normal won 3x more than won on the stadiums,guys like Seksan,Sangmanee,Petchboonchu,Yodwicha(guys who ruled on the stadiums and are starting the international career too)

Thais already well know in the international scene like Kem,Aikpracha,Pakorn,Lerdsila,Sudsakorn,Sayiok and some others,have a better purse them the guys who are coming from the stadiums recently.

Stars like Sitthichai,Yod,Saenchai ,can have a purse even bigger than Thai well known on international scene,and im pretty sure these guys can achieve 30-50k per fight,Saenchai and Yod maybe can have more than 50k

Buakaw who is the most famous by far,usual get 300-500k dollars per fight

someone know about how much foreigners can get outside stadiums,about top level guys like Pinca and Mcallister?

I don't think Buakaw could get 300-500k USD per fight, not even close. I said this because TK3 Hong Kong event was host by my friend's company, and the total cost of the event was around 350k USD, you can search this event on youtube, Top King Series Hong Kong.

I don't think Buakaw could get 300-500k USD per fight, not even close. I said this because TK3 Hong Kong event was host by my friend's company, and the total cost of the event was around 350k USD, you can search this event on youtube, Top King Series Hong Kong.
yeah i told bullshit,Buakaw gets 150-250k USD,his big purse Recently was against Yi long(500k USD)

If you live on a Thai camp, you don't have to worry too much about money (some thais that send money to their family do but otherwise) you get to live there and fight for them and they get a percentage of your purse for the cost of training and sheltering you.

My coach fought in Lumpinee and Rajadamnern, although as far as I'm aware he never became a stadium champion, and while he was a good fighter generally he made small money, but because he was living in the camp he didn't have to worry too much financially.

For a westerner, most of my gyms fighters make half of their living off of coaching, as opposed to only fighting. The truth is though in ANY sport, you're making small pickings unless you're at the top.

My friends brother in law plays for our local football team, football is the biggest sport in the world, and it's huge in the UK, but he still works a job in an ambulance firm.

Back