is WEIGHT GAIN possible on a Paleo diet?

Link didn't work, but I looked it up anyways. That penguin is fucking awesome. Lol. That's a cool vid.

"Paleo" is just a marketing name. The whole story about paleolithic diets and evolution is actually a very smart way to market this product. It might also be an interesting premise to point towards specific scientific research. But that's it, it's a nice story that doesn't provide any proof.

What we call "paleo" diet is a specific diet, like atkins or the zone diet. It is called "paleo" but it might as well be called "whatever" diet, or "dumb-ass-fad" diet. The name doesn't matter, the content is what matters.

The two main points that make it stand apart from other diets that are popular in the sports world are:
  • it is a non-ketogenic diet that excludes all grains
  • it excludes all dairy

No matter what the name or the "fairy tale" behind the diet is, what it comes down to is supporting or refuting these two claims with specific scientific research:
  • are there any health benefits to excluding all grains from a person's diet?
  • are there any health benefits to excluding all dairy from a person's diet?

EDIT: I hate to contribute to the derailment of the thread, but I can't help it. Endo, this one's for you, seeing that you like penguins: YouTube - Joe Rogan Disses Heckler

Last edited:
That is because people are absolutely retarded. In fact, I disowned myself from the human race. I am now some kind of indigenous penguin that happens to be 6 feet tall.

I know what you're thinking; that's a bad ass penguin, right... :cool:

Why is this thread still open?

Penguin, thats just one of those fad animal, I know the penguins in but I mean they are like completely reliant on fish and there short arms make deadlifting impossible especially at six feet tall. Thats why I became a gorilla.

On topic the evidence for the palio diet is seriously lacking currently, with no deduction being made for its case rather inductions. So Im sticking wih my eat more diet plan.

Back