Islam believes he can hang with Jordan Burroughs

These days I see a lot of people on Instagram posting about how Islam could take Jordan on in wrestling match and I think to myself - this is bats*it insane, these people are really this delusional, as if they can't draw in line in their heads, MMA is not the same as wrestling match.

Islam would get absolutely rag-dolled and bullied on mats. We are talking about one the best ever against great wrestler in general. Just not the same dimension. Like just watch few of Jordan highlight tapes, you don't need more than that.

Nothing against Islam and his joking attitude, but against fans who are truly trying to prove things like that.

For over a decade, the best wrestlers, the best coaches around the world and overall, the best wrestling minds have known about Jordan Burroughs blast double. They have watched it, studied it (thousands of times) and have strategized for it. Besides a handful of loses stretched over a 12 year international career, and including 7 world championships (1olympic), no one has been able to stop it. His blast double is so perfectly timed, combined with many other world class attributes. Islam knows it would be coming. Like everyone else…. Good luck stopping it.

Rulon is broke because he is an idiot with money and women. Source? I know a pretty close friend of Rulon's from his Olympic years. Jordan at this point is certainly worth millions and seems pretty smart with time and money.

I think Rulon's case isn't too dissimilar with many top athletes, they spend so much time drilling on just one thing - sports that they can't grow up emotionally/mentally. Rulon grew up working on a family farm but that wasn't enough life experience for him to goof up later as an adult.

This guy grew up wrestling from a place that's known for wrestling, and he just became champ at the highest level in dominant fashion.

Obviously he's gonna have confidence in his ability, what else would you expect?

islam is a grappler, he'd submit burroughs everywhere when you tain something since birth hardcore on all your working hours you'll never see any other grappler as "dimensions above you" so burroughs is a meh for islam he thinks he can beat him he put the same hours and effort as burroughs maybe more so why would he look at him with starry eyes.
I don't understand a fucking word of that lol

Someone tag D1 Wrestler please. I'm sure he'll want to say something.

4-5 fights against the top wrestlers in the division..
So then I guess not a single LW has ever "proven himself" to you, then?

Or do you have a different, arbitrary set of standards for Islam?

Dude still hasn’t really proven himself and he’s this much of an asshole…God Forbid he racks up a solid Legacy..
I think it’s just him and DC fucking around talking about all that stuff.

Of course he can, Dagestani wrestling is way superior to American.

If you trained with some amateur you'd be like all pros are great. If you felt how heavy it is what they do and how much it requires.
bruh you have no idea who i am.

Of course he can, Dagestani wrestling is way superior to American.
bruh you have no idea who i am.
With the advent of regional training centers, USA wrestling has made great strides in the past 10 years. Our current crop of elite wrestlers are on par with Dagestani wrestlers. Burroughs has been the best or near the top for more than the past decade… including his wins against Russians best.

It's been literally years of a common theme that when DC and Islam are together they do wrestling-trash-talk of USA vs Russia. It is in countless videos. Yet here it is, once again, flying over everyone's head...

Remember when you lot made fun of Islam when he said "I'm gonna drop Oliveira then follow him into his guard and submit him". Like yeah right as if he'll dare to try and stand with Oliveira and yeah right as if he will try to do anything but survive on the ground with Oliveira.

Well guess what kiddos, that's exactly what he did, and yet you still have the audacity to question the current best grappler in MMA. Keep hating I guess.

I’d give McGregor a better chance at beating Canelo in boxing than I would Islam beating Burroughs in wrestling.

There are literally high school wrestlers who could beat Islam in pure wrestling.

Back