Media Islam Makhachev: I'm getting out of fights in my division, nothing exciting there. Hoping to get Leon fight with 2 wins.

@NoBiasJustMMA @HuskySamoan @StoicBeau @Crash-override @chiefwiggum @Koro_11

He rematches these opponents you complain. He fights and beats Poirier youll claim Poirier wasn’t that good and recently got knocked out. He moves up you’ll claim why doesn’t he fight pound for pound no2.

He made Oliveira look pedestrian. Fought 7 times since 2021 far more than Holloway and Gathje.

This has nothing to do with intellectual honesty.

I’ll remind you of this when he batters Poirier and then you’ll retort with tears like the toddlers you are.

View attachment 1041181
This is some strawman bullshit, don't lump multiple people together like we all have the exact same opinions. I even said it's not about activity level and it's more an issue of bad match making and champions not wanting to defend their belts against contenders in their own divisions.

I know it doesn’t fit your narrative but Dana had said Volk was next for the winner of Oliveira vs Islam.

But I’m sure you won’t let a little thing like facts get in the way of your dumbass opinion.
Learning to read in Dagestan must be hard.

wmrx1wbtpjg01.jpg

Fuck this entire era of champs.

Bunch of fucking spoiled brats that want free title shots without defending.

Also fuck Conor for starting this bullshit.
This.
As soon as I saw the diva entitlement being rewarded for Conor I knew we were headed down a very bad road. It really shaped the future behavioral precedent for champions in the modern age.

I miss the days when we had clear cut title contenders and champs who had to fight multiple times a year.

Last edited:
if he beats Dustin and Arman then I could see him getting a WW shot next year but he has to win those two fights first.

Then he'd have Charles, Volk twice, Arman twice and Dustin, thats a nice run at LW so a chance at a second belt then wouldnt be the worst thing.

But if he tries to dip before fighting Arman again thats gonna be some bullshit.

That's one way to get the belt off him! Might not be through a fight, but at least you will feel better
this guy literally says he’s not going to defend the belt against lightweights in his own division, and he’s made good on that promise so far. idk what sort of fight fan you are, but most people expect the champ to at least fight. if he pulls this shit for another year, absolutely he should be stripped, and nothing of value will be lost.
Beat Oliveira (Champ at the time, I don't count the loss at the scale).
good
Scheduled against Dustin (#4 ATM)
good, if it happens.
Will fight Arman later in the year (#1 contender)
good, if it happens.
If he does that, thats a pretty good three wins at LW without even counting beating Volk.
if he does that, good. that’s his job.
Let's say he adds Gamrot after that.

That wouldn't be too bad.
Who do you have as a favorite over him?
favored? probably no one. thats pretty typical, as the champ is usually favored against the rest of the division.

but that doesn’t mean they can’t beat him, and that doesn’t mean islam should be allowed to skip his division. there is only one path to greatness, and it goes through everyone.

How ignorant are you? It was well known that Volk was next for the winner at UFC 280. No one had to ask for anything.
You're saying it was "well known" by using an article that says Dana gave a one sentence answer of "it makes sense" and not "yeah we're doing that next".

Meanwhile in reality the UFC was completely blindsided by Islam and Khabib calling out Volk that Volk was in his seat when it happened and Volk had to ask security who had to ask the UFC for permission to let Volk into the cage.

Instead of, you know, that having been the plan all along if that's what they were actually going to do.

@NoBiasJustMMA @HuskySamoan @StoicBeau @Crash-override @chiefwiggum @Koro_11

He rematches these opponents you complain. He fights and beats Poirier youll claim Poirier wasn’t that good and recently got knocked out. He moves up you’ll claim why doesn’t he fight pound for pound no2.

He made Oliveira look pedestrian. Fought 7 times since 2021 far more than Holloway and Gathje.

This has nothing to do with intellectual honesty.

I’ll remind you of this when he batters Poirier and then you’ll retort with tears like the toddlers you are.

View attachment 1041181

None of this has anything to do with what I pointed out in my post.

this guy literally says he’s not going to defend the belt against lightweights in his own division, and he’s made good on that promise so far. idk what sort of fight fan you are, but most people expect the champ to at least fight. if he pulls this shit for another year, absolutely he should be stripped, and nothing of value will be lost.

good

good, if it happens.

good, if it happens.

favored? probably no one. thats pretty typical, as the champ is usually favored against the rest of the division.

but that doesn’t mean they can’t beat him, and that doesn’t mean islam should be allowed to skip his division. there is only one path to greatness, and it goes through everyone.
I'm glad we agree!

I think he should fight those guys and yes, even if he is a favorite, anything can happen, we have seen heavy underdogs upset the fav.

So, why strip him? He has been fighting at an average pace for champs. Why not see how this year stacks up? If he doesn't fight this year, then I am with you, can't hold the belt.

Ideally, I would like to see (assuming he keeps winning) Dustin, Arman, and then Gamrot or whoever appears as a top contender by next year summer.

You're saying it was "well known" by using an article that says Dana gave a one sentence answer of "it makes sense" and not "yeah we're doing that next".

Meanwhile in reality the UFC was completely blindsided by Islam and Khabib calling out Volk that Volk was in his seat when it happened and Volk had to ask security who had to ask the UFC for permission to let Volk into the cage.

Instead of, you know, that having been the plan all along if that's what they were actually going to do.

You’re always on here sucking Dana off so you know that he’s always very noncommittal before fights about what’s next, in this case he says it makes sense which indicated that was the direction they wanted to go. But if you want to continue to pretend like that wasn’t the plan all along go right ahead.

You’re always on here sucking Dana off so you know that he’s always very noncommittal before fights about what’s next, in this case he says it makes sense which indicated that was the direction they wanted to go. But if you want to continue to pretend like that wasn’t the plan all along go right ahead.
Noted that you have no response to why the UFC wasn't ready to Volk faceoff with the winner then.

I'm glad we agree!

I think he should fight those guys and yes, even if he is a favorite, anything can happen, we have seen heavy underdogs upset the fav.
that’s all i ask. fight them all. clean out the division, several times if necessary. that’s what anderson did. that’s what gsp did. that’s what jones did. the greats prove themselves, over and over and over again.
So, why strip him? He has been fighting at an average pace for champs. Why not see how this year stacks up? If he doesn't fight this year, then I am with you, can't hold the belt.
strip him if he refuses to fight contenders in his division. that seems to be the trend lately—newly crowned champs want to fight for a belt in the next division up while keeping their own divisions on ice. in the future, they should either vacate or get stripped. no more playing games with belts.
Ideally, I would like to see (assuming he keeps winning) Dustin, Arman, and then Gamrot or whoever appears as a top contender by next year summer.
3x a year used to be the standard. wish he’d stick to a schedule like that. the current record for lw defenses is relatively easy to beat. islam should have a goal of doubling it, or even tripling it.

champions not wanting to defend their belts against contenders in their own divisions.se
Far too many current examples of this weak-ass behavior.

Can't even imagine a Real Champion like Mighty Mouse, Volk, GSP, etc. being such a f'n coward and ducking all top competitors in the division because "they don't deserve it". smdh

No "fan" would have any respect at all for that. Now, paid shill POS's sadly back this new breed "coward champs" with Dana happily footing the bill.​
the issue is bad matchmaking on the part of the UFC and how no one defends t heir belts against contenders in their own division anymore.

REAL Champions would have have laughed and said "Dana - Are You Serious"?
Then would have went the way of MMA greats like Frank and Randy.
we had clear cut title contenders and champs who had to fight multiple times a year.

Twilight Zone - Doo doo doo doo, rinse and repeat.​

Noted that you have no response to why the UFC wasn't ready to Volk faceoff with the winner then.
Do you have a response as to why Dana would say it makes sense to give Volk the fight if they didn’t have plans to? And a response to why they would choose Volk as a backup instead of a LW if they had no plans to give him the fight?

“UFC didn’t have an in cage face off planned so obviously they had no intentions of making that fight!”

Surely you can see how ridiculous that sounds?

Do you have a response as to why Dana would say it makes sense to give Volk the fight if they didn’t have plans to? And a response to why they would choose Volk as a backup instead of a LW if they had no plans to give him the fight?

“UFC didn’t have an in cage face off planned so obviously they had no intentions of making that fight!”

Surely you can see how ridiculous that sounds?
Dudes an idiot. Everyone and their mom knew Volk was fighting the winner.

Back