Media Islam Makhachev: I'm getting out of fights in my division, nothing exciting there. Hoping to get Leon fight with 2 wins.

You have got to be kidding me, who has he fought? his resume is very weak, he has fought a few top guys. There are tons of fighters at LW he hasn't fought yet, defend the belt against all the number 1 contenders like champions are supposed to do. So tired of all this so called superfight nonsense, there are no superfights, no one has done anything in UFC. unless its Jones. I'll look into it again once Islam has 15+ title fights

Read what he actually fecking said he said after arman and dustin defences there isnt anyone else and he is right. Like i said blame dana and conor m,c tapper for starting all this belt hopping. Islam gave two shots to volk for he's belt only fair he expects the same treatment.

Oliveira
-Volk
-Volk
-Poirier
-Arman

Weak resume ?? lol stop trolling.

This guy is going to tie the LW title defence record without ever having fought the #1 contender, let alone contenders #2-4.

And he has the nerve to say he's out of fights.

Appreciate the talent, but Islam obviously loves how dumb his fans are.

The biggest conrad meat rider talking about title defenses, the fucking irony..

You have got to be kidding me, who has he fought? his resume is very weak, he has fought a few top guys. There are tons of fighters at LW he hasn't fought yet, defend the belt against all the number 1 contenders like champions are supposed to do. So tired of all this so called superfight nonsense, there are no superfights, no one has done anything in UFC. unless its Jones. I'll look into it again once Islam has 15+ title fights
It's not his fault the top 10 of LW leaves a lot to be desired. Beneil was finished by Arman in 1 minute. Chandler hasn't fought in forever and got subbed by Dustin. Moicano almost got finished by Jailin who basically lost the fight for himself. Gamrot is a boring lay and pray decision fighter no one wants to see. Fiziev lost to Gaethje who got sparked out by a Career FW.

It's not his fault the top 10 of LW leaves a lot to be desired. Beneil was finished by Arman in 1 minute. Chandler hasn't fought in forever and got subbed by Dustin. Moicano almost got finished by Jailin who basically lost the fight for himself. Gamrot is a boring lay and pray decision fighter no one wants to see. Fiziev lost to Gaethje who got sparked out by a Career FW.
And Islam got knocked out by a pure BJJ guy, and was close in first fight with Volk, anything can happen in fights as we both know. We have to let these fights play out, we have been surprised so many times. He has done nothing yet, so many LWs he has never fought, he's barely fought anyone in top 20 to be honest, just a few.

Oliveira
-Volk
-Volk
-Poirier
-Arman

Volk is not a LW, I said LW number 1 contenders. He has fought 3 guys (a few) like I said. Islam has barely fought anyone in top 20 LW.. there are so many guys he has never faced. Defend the belt like a true champion is supposed too. he has done very little when you look deeper.

And Islam got knocked out by a pure BJJ guy, and was close in first fight with Volk, anything can happen in fights as we both know. We have to let these fights play out, we have been surprised so many times. He has done nothing yet, so many LWs he has never fought, he's barely fought anyone in top 20 to be honest, just a few.
Bro that was almost 10 years ago. These other guys are underperforming and getting put away now.

A title run of Oliveira, Volk x2, Poirier, and Tsarukyan would definitely not be a weak resume. And that’s the scenario he’s talking about before moving up. More than enough in this day and age, there’s been far far less deserving that have been granted the opportunity.

But I do agree, these super fights in general are getting tiresome. Lots of guys talking about it right after winning the belt. Would much rather fighters chased setting title defense records than jumping up after a few defenses. I see it as seeking a free title fight with nothing to lose. 10+ defenses is far more impressive than 3/4 defenses and double champ to me. Longevity at the top when guys are chasing you is much harder to do in my opinion.

The biggest conrad meat rider talking about title defenses, the fucking irony..
Brother you would've had a field day if Conor had been defending his titles against people a weight class down or who were 35 and on 1 fight win streaks over #13 and leapfrogging the actual contenders.

The irony is on you.

Read what he actually fecking said he said after arman and dustin defences there isnt anyone else and he is right. Like i said blame dana and conor m,c tapper for starting all this belt hopping. Islam gave two shots to volk for he's belt only fair he expects the same treatment.

Oliveira
-Volk
-Volk
-Poirier
-Arman

That would be a great run. 3 top 10 wins plus Volk. There would still be guys to fight though. Charles had 5 top 10 wins at the time he lost to Islam and no one was saying he was out of guys to fight. Khabib had 7 top 10 wins when he retired.

There's always the next contender. I don't know why Islam and his fans are so resistant to the idea of him trying to go on a run like GSP/Silva/Aldo/DJ, etc. We've never seen that at lightweight. If Islam is as good as you think he is he should be the one to do it.

tired of this mentality, both islam and khabib act so picky, just fuckin fight more often

Last edited:
A title run of Oliveira, Volk x2, Poirier, and Tsarukyan would definitely not be a weak resume. And that’s the scenario he’s talking about before moving up. More than enough in this day and age, there’s been far far less deserving that have been granted the opportunity.

But I do agree, these super fights in general are getting tiresome. Lots of guys talking about it right after winning the belt. Would much rather fighters chased setting title defense records than jumping up after a few defenses. I see it as seeking a free title fight with nothing to lose. 10+ defenses is far more impressive than 3/4 defenses and double champ to me. Longevity at the top when guys are chasing you is much harder to do in my opinion.
Volk is not a LW. He's fought a few LW contenders, barely any to be fair. So many guys he has never fought in UFC LW top 20, so much to do. Its nowhere near enough for me.

The guy has 2 wins in the current top 10 and one is from 5 years ago when Arman was green and making his UFC debut. Islam has literally only beaten one contender in his division. It's far too early to be arguing he has no challenges.

It makes zero sense to be talking about moving up when he isn't even a top 5 all time lightweight yet. Beat Poirier, Arman, and Gamrot and then we can talk about moving up.
Be honest here, do any of those guys have a snowballs chance in hell against Islam? I mean I get it, they deserve their title shots. The reality is that they just don't have a chance.

Our last 3 title fights featured:

- Pereira getting kicked in the nuts, telling Herb to fuck off when he tried to stop the fight for it, and then KOing Hill with the very next punch

- Weilli unofficially choking Yan out cold in the 1st, unofficially finishing her by TKO in the 2nd, getting dropped repeatedly herself by Yan in the next couple rounds, then winning officially by decision

- FW Max moving up against #1-2 LW contender Gaethje and dominating him all 5 rounds, with 10 seconds left points to the centre of the octagon and engages in an all or nothing phonebooth fight, then faceplant KOs him with 1 second left

And people still want to sit here and pretend they have any idea how title fights can go until they happen.

I think shit like Islam/Dustin's as dumb as fuck as everybody else does as he seemingly has no chance and is leapfrogging the actual contenders ahead of him cause Islam handpicked him. But if Dustin finally lands a guillotine it'll barely be noteworthy compared to the shit we've already seen this year alone. Fights don't begin until the ref says go and then we see how they actually match up.

Volk is not a LW. He's fought a few LW contenders, barely any to be fair. So many guys he has never fought in UFC LW top 20, so much to do. Its nowhere near enough for me.
I would agree, it’s not enough. I don’t think a move up should even be discussed until a guy has at least 6-7 defenses. Talking like Jones, GSP, Silva, DJ levels.

But given the lower standards set in recent years, this would certainly be enough nowadays unfortunately.

Be honest here, do any of those guys have a snowballs chance in hell against Islam? I mean I get it, they deserve their title shots. The reality is that they just don't have a chance.

I'll repeat what I said earlier.

Islam stans are confusing his potential with what he's actually done in the sport. They think he's going to beat contenders 1 through 5, therefore they don't even want the fights to happen. That's not how MMA works.

Oliveira looked like he was running the division before he lost to Islam. Back in the day I was a Pettis fan who thought he was gonna destroy RDA. Then RDA looked untouchable taking out all the WEC talent. It's very silly to assume any fighter is going to go on a GOAT level run, even if they look like a killer at the time. The fights need to happen BEFORE you give them their stripes. It's not like we havent seen Islam knocked out before or almost finished by a featherweight. He's absolutely beatable.

Gamrot sucks, he barely won against an over he hill RDA... Shirt notice Prime Volk is way better.
RDA has declined very slowly and Gamrot didn't barely win, he very clearly won. Gamrot's a better grappler than Volkanovski is and makes for a more interesting style match up. You're also greatly underrating the importance of a full training camp. Full camp Gamrot beats short notice Volkanovski.

RDA has declined very slowly and Gamrot didn't barely win, he very clearly won. Gamrot's a better grappler than Volkanovski is and makes for a more interesting style match up. You're also greatly underrating the importance of a full training camp. Full camp Gamrot beats short notice Volkanovski.

The only way Gamrot wins is if Volk gets injured or by a robbery. RDA is way out of his prime.

I'll repeat what I said earlier.

Islam stans are confusing his potential with what he's actually done in the sport. They think he's going to beat contenders 1 through 5, therefore they don't even want the fights to happen. That's not how MMA works.

Oliveira looked like he was running the division before he lost to Islam. Back in the day I was a Pettis fan who thought he was gonna destroy RDA. Then RDA looked untouchable taking out all the WEC talent. It's very silly to assume any fighter is going to go on a GOAT level run, even if they look like a killer at the time. The fights need to happen BEFORE you give them their stripes. It's not like we havent seen Islam knocked out before or almost finished by a featherweight. He's absolutely beatable.
I'm rooting for Dustin, I like Islam but he isn't close to being my favorite fighter or anything. Just being objective, the guy has a massive size advantage and his skill and technique is top tier. I just don't see anybody at 155 giving him a challenge and I feel like it's a waste of time.

The only way Gamrot wins is if Volk gets injured or by a robbery. RDA is way out of his prime.
RDA has declined extremely slowly and Gamrot matches up well with Islam due to his grappling. This idea that you have that styles are irrelevant is bizarre.

Back