Isn’t Weidman objectively the 2nd greatest MW of all time?

Hendo has a 10-6 record at MW with zero MW championship defenses.
Below is his entire MW record:
  • (W) Allen Goes
  • (W) Carlos Newton
  • (W) Ryo Chonan
  • (W) Akihiro Gono
  • (W) Murilo Bustamante 2
  • (W) Kazuo Misaki 1
  • (L) Kazou Misaki 2
  • (L) Anderson Silva
  • (W) Rousimar Palhares
  • (W) Michael Bisping 1
  • (L) Jake Shields
  • (L) Gegard Mousasi
  • (W) Tim Boetsch
  • (L) Vitor Belfort
  • (W) Hector Lombard
  • (L) Michael Bisping 2
On the flip side Weidman is a 4 time MW champion with a 15-4 MW record.

Chris Weidman is in fact the 2nd most accomplished MW in MW history.

Most of Hendos biggest wins were all at HW or LHW.

People dont like to remember that because they use him to discredit Fedor all the time.

I like Ace..

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Most of Hendos biggest wins were all at HW or LHW.

People dont like to remember that because they use him to discredit Fedor all the time.
Hendo's probably had the most success at LHW I would say.

In the history of the UFC MW Frank has 5 UFC championship titles. Also won the strike for MW title.

Also Munoz & Machida were not in the top 5 when Chris beat him. Same though with Luke and Machida. Munoz and machida just just out of the top 5.

Weidman - 7 ranked wins - 4 championship titles as the #1 MW in the world
#1 fighters defeated (1):

Silva
Top 5 fighters defeated (4):
Belfort
Machida
Silva
Munoz
Top 10 fighters defeated (2):
Gastelum
Maia

Rockhold - 5 ranked wins - 1 championship title as the #1 MW in the world
#1 fighters defeated (1):

Weidman
Top 5 fighters defeated (2):
Machida
Jacare
Top 10 fighters defeated (2):
Branch
Bisping

The Chris is objectively the 2nd most accomplished MW in MW history.

In the history of the UFC MW Frank has 5 UFC championship titles. Also won the strike for MW title.

Also Munoz & Machida were not in the top 5 when Chris beat him. Same though with Luke and Machida. Munoz and machida just just out of the top 5.
You're aware that Frank Shamrock fought at 205 right? Calling Shamrock a MW champion is like calling Wanderlei a MW champion. LHW was just called MW in the old days but they both won their titles at 205 which is LHW.

Also Munoz was ranked #3 (click) and Machida was ranked #5 (click) when Weidman fought them.

Everything you said was factually incorrect, thanks for playing.

Last edited:
Weidman was a damn good fighter during his prime. He also benefited from being at the right place at the right time too I think, with a little bit of luck. He caught a 38 yr old Anderson at the end of his prime, and Machida and Belfort in their late 30s as well. Vitor was already off the TRT too I believe. He had a nice short reign right before the new era of MW took over the division. And then he was chewed up and spit out down murderers row. To his credit he did hold his own in many of those fights before losing.

It’s funny, Anderson is the MW GOAT, but the golden era of MW so far really came in shortly after his reign. Whittaker, Romero, Rockhold, Mousasi, Jacare, Weidman, Stylebender, Costa, Hermansson, Cannonier, etc. MW was never close to that deep during Anderson’s reign. Makes you wonder if Anderson would have been as dominant as he was during this era

For now, yes, if Israel wins his next two then he would over take the Chris
People citing his recent losses should think same about BJ Penn and Anderson

Holding it against Franklin for losing to guys as an old man that Weidman beat at his absolute peak is just silly.

Weidman was a damn good fighter during his prime. He also benefited from being at the right place at the right time too I think, with a little bit of luck. He caught a 38 yr old Anderson at the end of his prime, and Machida and Belfort in their late 30s as well. Vitor was already off the TRT too I believe. He had a nice short reign right before the new era of MW took over the division. And then he was chewed up and spit out down murderers row. To his credit he did hold his own in many of those fights before losing.

It’s funny, Anderson is the MW GOAT, but the golden era of MW so far really came in shortly after his reign. Whittaker, Romero, Rockhold, Mousasi, Jacare, Weidman, Stylebender, Costa, Hermansson, Cannonier, etc. MW was never close to that deep during Anderson’s reign. Makes you wonder if Anderson would have been as dominant as he was during this era

MW wasn't as deep in Anderson's era?? Sure about that? People like to discredit his era but when you look at it, it was a very strong division during his run.

Vitor, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Maia, Okami, Marquart, Bisping, and these are guys that Anderson fought. Then you have Wanderlei, Munoz, Cote, Akiyama, Belcher, Leitas, Palhares, Stann to add some depth. Not every guy is a top level fighter but you have 6/7 guys there that are top level MWs and would compete with any of the guys from 2014 to 2018.

There aren't too many h2h match ups. but from what I gather it would be pretty even.

Back