Media Israel Adesanya: I "don't need" Pereira trilogy, "that saga is over"

I agree. They're at different classes. Izzy is a MW. Let Perreira stay at LHW. He even should move up to HW. You people should stop pushing that pointless rivalry.

As much as I like Pereira, hard to disagree with Adesanya here, although the one who would have a lot to lose from another matchup between these two, right now, would be Pereira.

Izzy got the last word and scored a vicious KO, Poatan is now at LHW and definitely having tons of success there, and Adesanya is still a MW, Poatan has a championship belt and Izzy doesn't. Not exactly a fight that makes plenty of sense at the moment.

If DDP beats him it wouldn't shock me if he changed his mind since he wouldn't get another MW title shot anytime soon if at all.

So he knows he is behind, he knows he needs too many wins to top Pereira, chooses to live with the last win of their rivalry, its ok, but its like the kid that declares the match is over and he won because he scored the last goal in a game he was losing even after his last scoring.

Then, why is he posting about his win tho?? Adesanya is way too unlikeable, he isnt willing to chase Pereira at LHW, thats a PPV level fight with or without any belts, UFC fans will tune in.

PS: Is someone asking for the fight?? I`d watch, but im not that interested in it, bigger fish to fry for both of them in their current divisions, fight could be built to crazy levels with both of them holding a title, but so far im not interested in a trilogy MMA fight.

He has a similar mentality /mindset to Ronda imo where their whole identity is based off them being the big dick. She couldn’t show her face in public once she started to see herself as something different to what she thought, but everyone else still respects them for stepping in the cage, to a degree. I think Israel’s whole world got turned upside down in that loss to Poatan and he doesn’t wanna go through that level of pressure again

A person doesn’t just wanna be like this. It’s nurtured over years by themselves and other yes men. It’s a group effort to create an asshole

He knows he got lucky in that last one. Honestly, it's smart to just walk away from it.

Based on that last Poatan fight and then Strickland beating the brakes off of him, Izzy might just be past it. Father Time is undefeated.
Honestly this too is what I’ve been taking away from Adesanya recently. He seems like he’s got one foot out the door

He has a similar mentality /mindset to Ronda imo where their whole identity is based off them being the big dick. She couldn’t show her face in public once she started to see herself as something different to what she thought, but everyone else still respects them for stepping in the cage, to a degree. I think Israel’s whole world got turned upside down in that loss to Poatan and he doesn’t wanna go through that level of pressure again

A person doesn’t just wanna be like this. It’s nurtured over years by themselves and other yes men. It’s a group effort to create an asshole
It seems a bit strange though that he did come back and picked up a great win and THEN suddenly got scared of fighting Alex.

I detect the hand of Dana very strongly in this personally, I think Alex was brought in so Izzy could beat the guy who KOed him in kickboxing but instead he loses to him, gets an instant rematch and wins and the UFC is happy with the result and doesnt want another fight.

We've seen it a shit load of times, favoured fighters get rematches, unfavoured fighters do not.

Last edited:
Well Alex came in and pretty much stole Izzy's legacy, so it's kind of weird that he doesn't want to settle it. I guess he knows what would happen if they fought again, especially at LHW..

Adesanya clearly established himself as the superior MMA fighter. Pereira got lucky in the first fight, and Izzy clearly played possum in the 2nd fight which led to the brutal KO.
No lol, the first MMA fight was close af until Izzy decided to wrestle...even then all he did was stall and hold position to take 2 rounds, he then tried to run and be passive and Alex pushed the pace and finished him in the 5th. The second MMA fight Izzy was losing until Alex was over aggressive and got countered, thats the sport though and Izzy did an awesome job in fighting back and getting the HL KO over his adversary. The thing is he could have just left it taken his W his payback insult to Alex's kid and rode into the sunset...instead he started posting the KO, edits of the KO, talked shit and acted as though the first 3 fights never happened. He even hid in the shadows when Alex called him out a few months back...now he continues to post nonsense and KO pics like a child while dodging the MMA trilogy fight...at least for now. I feel Izzy will take that fight in a few years once Alex is older and diminished or if Alex has a few losses via KO/TKO or some shit...as soon as he feels his chances improve he will take it.

Both are looking like All time greats they both spent a lot of time preparing for and fighting eachother I think they should not fight again. They both built eachother to a huge status with those mma fights they had.

They are like jayz and Nas, there's really no need to fight anymore

At some point Alex could move back down to MW and get the belt back. I would favor him over DDP. If that happens I don't see how Israel doesn't go for another fight with him

I dont know why this bothers people so much.

They do have terrific fights together true, but he dont want to have to keep fighting the same guy forever. He should be happy that he beat him in that last fight but some fans get their pussies hurt over it for some reason.
People just really hate Izzy.

Reactions: HHJ
yall can shit on the guy, but he did put alex to sleep, out cold, not really his job to call him out. He's already got a championship bout booked and has competition in the division he's in. Alex is doing his thing, and if izzy jumped to lhw, he'd have to build a bit and not get an immediate title shot.

Reactions: HHJ
I think it'd cement his legacy to drive that home but he needs the Strickland rematch. Sean bullied that man inside and out.

I didn't think izzy or his freak fan base could get any worse.

Alex has been filling out at LHW and Izzy has probably been preparing for MW fights. I see it as a good fight to make considering they are 1-1 in mma, but also their paths took different directions. Izzy knows Pereira is a bad matchup for him and probably sick of fighting the dude. Normally I'd care but Izzy has his hands full at MW with 2 fresh matchups and 1 revenge fight.

LOL
He‘s getting/feeling bullied…
Talking about rentfree in the head
<{jackyeah}>

The 2 time MW champ has frequently spoken about his career/life in "video game" terms; referring to individuals like JBJ as "the final boss."

Never was a big videogame guy; but in most cases one doesn't need to fight the main bad guy at the end of the level more than one time.

Now that Izzy has beaten Alex (based on his previous rhetoric) his opinion is unsurprising.

5FGB15.gif

Back