Israel got lucky. Potan made a mistake.

You could make the exact same argument for the previous fights where Izzy lost too. Izzy was literally winning the two fights in which Alex stopped him. Does that mean Alex just got lucky? Of course not. Dumb take.

Potan made a mistake, he was walking izzy down beating his leg to the poitn where he couldn't walk. Kneed him in the head then he got wild with his punches and got caught with teh same sequence he got hit with in the first mma fight.

Potan made a silly mistake and threw the fight. He is had stayed at range he would have beaten Israel he had the fight won.

Watch it again. Alex tried to counter with a left hook when Izzy jabbed earlier in the round. Izzy jabbed later on and knew the left hook was coming so shortened his own right hook to come inside Alex's hook. It was actually pretty masterful, bait, lure out the counter and counter the counter.
Beautiful

One of those fights u gotta watch like a hundred times

One of the biggest flukes in MMA history
Alex was dominating him but just got caught

3-1 still

Won't be surprised if Izzy ducks the rematch

He’s going to behave in the same way Francis acted towards stipe.

Stupid. It's like saying Leon Edwards got lucky at UFC 278 since he had lost the previous 3 rounds before the knockout. Did Usman throw the fight?

It's not like that at all because Izzy hadn't lost any rounds up until the finish lol. He'd won the first on all 3 cards and outside of ending sequence where his leg got hurt he was winning that round pretty easily with his forward striking.

Leon didn't land the head kick because Usman got over-confident or over-committed to anything, while that's exactly how Alex lost.

The OP does sound dumb as hell saying that Alex "threw" the fight though haha.

One of the biggest flukes in MMA history
Alex was dominating him but just got caught

3-1 still

Won't be surprised if Izzy ducks the rematch

Alex was dominating him so bad that he lost the first round on all 3 score cards and was losing the second even worse lol.

I really wanted Alex to KO Izzy again, but come on, man.

Izzy is not my cup of tea, but when the chips were down he got it done

The guy is a real champ and has earned his respect as a great champion

Great champions come back from losses, especially if it is an immediate rematch

I don't like izzy, but I do respect him 100%
Great fighter

Izzy waited on his opportunity knowing his opponent. Great fight.

I just hope that the next fight they both dont sit back waiting for the counter opportunity.

I don't even think Alex made a mistake. It was the same situation where he won at the first fight, Israel just found the timing to fight back this time.
I agree. This time he realised soon enough that his fully defensive guard was not working. His rights were on point too. Well deserved imho.

Poatan had a horseshoe up his ass. Izzy told you all this a year ago. Izzy pulled that sumbitch out and he beat him over the head with it!

pumped-woooo.gif

Izzy has the intention to throw a punch to ko Alex.

That punched koed Alex. Which means it's not a fluke.

If there was no intention to throw a punch (Izzy went to pick his own nose and koed him accidently ) ..that's a fluke

Man, there's something about those Brazilian fighters that whenever they win the belt they think they can keep the same formula that made them champs. Lucky for Anderson the Middleweight division was filled with guys like Thales Leietes and Yushin Okami.

I don't even think Alex made a mistake. It was the same situation where he won at the first fight, Israel just found the timing to fight back this time.

EXACTLY. people are just blind to the fact. Alex didn't rush in or swing wildly or make a mistake. He did the same exact thing that got him the finish last time. Israel played it perfectly. Nothing Alex could have done different with his skill set and style.

Izzy is not my cup of tea, but when the chips were down he got it done

The guy is a real champ and has earned his respect as a great champion

Great champions come back from losses, especially if it is an immediate rematch

I don't like izzy, but I do respect him 100%
Great fighter

I'm not sure if you're allowed to do that sir?

I've been under the impression that you either have to hate or love a guy? If you love him he's the goat and if you hate him he's lucky, the opponents take dives or the judges are bribed?

I don’t agree or disagree, but luck is a part of MMA. You have to be able to function in spite of or in conjunction with the luck you experience in the cage. That’s what separates greatness from the rest.

To think the past few weeks Pereira have been saying how he would body Jiri and Ngannou in the stand up <45>

Sure a smaller weight cut might help, but the guy gets hit way too much and was rocked by Bruno Silva ffs.

Adesanya isn't even known for his power and is much smaller and still sent the guy to the shadow realm lol.

Yes, Poatan made a mistake, but it's always one fighter's mistake what leads to other's success.

Back