It's a damn shame that we never got to see Patricio Pitbull in the UFC

So did everyone else. That's a testament to the reckless and aggressive style that Charles presents more than anything.
Doesn't change the fact that Chandler had more than just a moment against him.

Doesn't change the fact that Chandler had more than just a moment against him.
That's fair. I just think everyone overstates how well he did against Charles. For me, if you didn't finish Charles, it may as well have not mattered. He recovers too damned quickly and somehow gets even more dangerous.

Lol at Chandler having done well against the elite of 155.

Got finished by Charles and Dustin, and got smacked around by Chandler. He's only beaten the ghost of Tony and Hooker, who is not elite at all. Tony actually had him hurt too lol.

He's 0-3 against the elite of 155.
You can have good moments even in fights you lose. He was close to finishing Oliveira.

meh
nope
if he was this good he should have fought along time ago in the ufc

He gets murked by any of the folks mentioned if they are in there prime. Bellator is minor leagues. Same for Lima. These folks would of been contenders maybe that's it. He along with Lima did right not jumping they would be exposed.

He gets murked by any of the folks mentioned if they are in there prime. Bellator is minor leagues. Same for Lima. These folks would of been contenders maybe that's it. He along with Lima did right not jumping they would be exposed.

This concept has been completely debunked, its hilarious still reading this sentiment in 2024. On average the talent in other orgs is lower, but there is no difference in quality when looking at the standouts.

Eddie Alavarez came over from Bellator and became champion because he was still in his fighting prime. Anyone with eyeballs and any sense of what their looking at could see Eddie was elite, just like you should see a prime Pitbull was on an elite level.

Strikeforce came over as the smaller, just above regional org, and their stars ran ROUGHSHOD over the UFC. Multiple champions in multiple divisions.

Pitbull would have been a really fun guy to have around, but U Fight Cheap is a risk for guys getting paid well.

I love how you guys pretend like this is never a case of all these fighters purposefully choosing to stay in the minor leagues. It's not a "shame", they're the ones who won't make the jump.

Props to the fighters who do step up, even if sometimes it's years after we might've wanted them to. Look at the impact guys like Eddie, Chandler, MVP, have been able to make. That's a champ, top 5, and top 15 right there.

Strikeforce came over as the smaller, just above regional org, and their stars ran ROUGHSHOD over the UFC.
Yes, who could forget how the SF champions did once they merged:

Melendez: Lost to Bendo
Saffiedine: Lost to Rory
Rockhold: Lost to Vitor
Henderson: Lost to Machida
Overeem: Lost to Bigfoot (least it's another SF fighter)
DC: Lost to Jones

Oh.

Super fun fighter
Kill or be killed
Always been a fan of the Pitbull brothers (such a weird last name)

I think about this every time I see patricio fight in some under-promoted bs by Bellator (RIP) or Rizin.

Would have loved to see him, and to a lesser extent his brother Patricky, in the UFC at any point in their careers.

I think Patricio could def hang with the best ufc featherweights.

Him vs Emmett, Volk or Ige, first if he ever does get signed by the ufc (he did say something about beating or being a ufc champion just his last fight a few days ago).

Then fast track him to a title shot against Toupouria. No time to waste given Pitbull’s age.

He has always liked calling out UFC fighters.

I'm surprised he never negotiated the right out clause in his contract. But then again he did hold the belt for a lot his time in Bellator and was paid very well by them. I think if the desire was strong enough he would've came over at some point. I think he would've done well at Featherweight but probably run into problem at Lightweight.

Lol at Chandler having done well against the elite of 155.

Got finished by Charles and Dustin, and got smacked around by Chandler. He's only beaten the ghost of Tony and Hooker, who is not elite at all. Tony actually had him hurt too lol.

He's 0-3 against the elite of 155.

Chandler got smacked around by himself?? No wonder he's not elite

This concept has been completely debunked, its hilarious still reading this sentiment in 2024. On average the talent in other orgs is lower, but there is no difference in quality when looking at the standouts.

Eddie Alavarez came over from Bellator and became champion because he was still in his fighting prime. Anyone with eyeballs and any sense of what their looking at could see Eddie was elite, just like you should see a prime Pitbull was on an elite level.

Strikeforce came over as the smaller, just above regional org, and their stars ran ROUGHSHOD over the UFC. Multiple champions in multiple divisions.

Pitbull would have been a really fun guy to have around, but U Fight Cheap is a risk for guys getting paid well.
This guy knows what he's talking about! Almost every time UFC signed someone of note in their prime they became champs (Eddie, Jiri, Strikeforce/WEC guys etc). Even rejects became top 5 (Volkov)

There are a bunch of Bellator guys atm that would become champs or top 5 in the UFC (Nemkov, Mix, Usman, McKee, Jackson, Khizriev, etc).

I see that even past prime dudes like Chandler, MVP that lost before signing with the UFC got ranked immediately in the UFC. Let alone the guys I listed, they would be ranked immediately in the top 5.

Robbie Lawler went 3-5 in Strikeforce and immediately after that run he signed with the UFC and went 9-2 in the UFC and became champ.

Last edited:
Patricio is clearly past his prime at 35 and 40ish fights deep, but despite some early missteps in his career, he improved and demonstrated that he was a top tier fighter.

Unfortunately, for him, if he was in the UFC during Aldo's era, I think he loses to Jose, Edgar and Mendes; loses to Holloway; and more than likely gets taken out by a contender on his way to Volkanovski or loses to Volkanovski himself. He's shown he has problems with the moment as McKee was in his head in their first fight, and that might impact him in the UFC which is a grand stage; has had problems with bigger wrestlers or rangy guys that can expose some defensive grappling issues; and if someone is faster than him, he's probably in trouble on the feet. That isn't to say he couldn't win those fights, but I don't favor him in them.

I know it's unfortunate he never made his way to the UFC which is likely on them as they're cheap, but by staying in Bellator, his title history gives him elite status and he's more than likely done very well for himself monetarily as the face of the organization. I'll always support the guy and I've enjoyed watching him fight over the years.

Dude, he about finished Charles. WTH are you talking about?

You can have good moments even in fights you lose. He was close to finishing Oliveira.

1-2 good moments in a fight doesn't mean you did well, especially when you're a fighter like Chandler who has big power and can hurt anyone at any time.

May as well say Phil Hawes did well in his last 3, despite getting finished in the first round each time.

Back