I've Been Watching a Lot of Glory Kickboxing

Reign009

Not sure if serious.
Reaction score
I wanted to give my thoughts to MMA fans:

It's weird that kickboxing isn't more popular in the US because most casuals groan over any type of grappling but I think it has something to do with pro wrestling. You really have to shed that mindset while watching kickboxing as it is treated more as a sport. I think that this was Dana's original idea for the UFC but with the influx of pro wrestling fans, they demanded more of a pro wrestling style product in some aspects.

Their striking is so crisp. It should be obvious but it's so pleasing to watch how sharp and and perfect their technique is, specifically the guys at LW and below. Still, I understand that it's not the same thing as MMA striking.

These guys are conditioned differently. The type of strikes these guys are able to take without slowing down, Conor's leg wouldn't have been a ballewn, it would have been a blimp.

Thai fighters as crazy. You have fighters that turn pro at age 11 and have well over 100 fights. If you have a problem with MMA pay, it would break your heart to see these fighters' situations. I wish they got paid more.

If you're wondering where all the Asian talent is, well it's in kickboxing, not MMA.

There are some really weird rules. I saw a guy land a beautiful spinning back fist KO but upon review, it was revealed that the impact landed on the forearm, not the fist. This deemed the strike illegal and turned the result into a "no contest".

A couple things I like: the ref has a microphone and there are five judges.

Anyway, it's awesome except for some dumb rules. If you have patience, appreciate clean technique, and don't need the over the top, promotional personalities to enjoy the fights, kickboxing might be for you.

You should watch a big of K-1, when the rules were different and not so "Dutch"! It was a big show of KOs.

I enjoy K-1 as well especially some of the older fights.

Mma fans don’t like kickboxing all the time

The YouTube algorithm has been spitting out all sorts of Glory recommendations lately. Worth a look

3x3 minute fights are way too short and often feel incomplete.

Not being able to strike within the clinch creates stalling situations for what should be an active position.

ONE's kickboxing fights using MMA gloves are amazing though.
MMA gloves on kickboxing rules are crap. And 3X3 is enough for "stand up rules". You would say kickboxing is like boxing, but really is not as effort considering also the leg kicks. This is pure fighting, not hiding (running).

Even only 4 rounds would really bother the fans. Many championship fights include though 5 rounds.

Also a round of 5 minutes would be way too much, 4 minutes I don"t know, it can be considered.

MMA gloves on kickboxing rules are crap. And 3X3 is enough for "stand up rules". You would say kickboxing is like boxing, but really is not as effort considering also the leg kicks. This is pure fighting, not hiding (running).

Even only 4 rounds would really bother the fans. Many championship fights include though 5 rounds.

Also a round of 5 minutes would be way too much, 4 minutes I don"t know, it can be considered.
If you think stuff like this is "crap", you might be insane:

If you think stuff like this is "crap", you might be insane:

Muay Thai is a bit different than kickboxing. Let"s not transform kickboxing into a sport of barbarians! Most of the kickboxers dislike the MMA gloves.

It"s easy to say when you haven"t entered the gym. There is huge damage for a stand-up fighting in the fastest tempo. Last fight, it"s not even kickboxing, and see the damage!

Do you want to see blood? Enter the ring and draw some conclusion! The MMA gloves in kickboxing overall would change everything, starting with the methods of training.

I saw kickboxing matches in ONE with MMA gloves and they were barely throwing punches. It changes everything. It would change the Netherlands entirely.

The sport would turn into one of agility and instinct, violence, not one of "points" and kickboxing boxing. Let"s say they would train with such gloves since the beginnings, still it would look way different. Because now it is harder to learn, basically to adapt.

For MMA gloves you have MMA. There is also lethwei, bare-knuckle, etc. In fact indeed, Muay Thai used to be without gloves.

And Europe simply does not think like Asia/America.

See this! The sport is KICK-BOXING. Boxing! https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/boxing-is-a-ineffective-art-without-gloves.3975527/

If not, we shall name it "KICK-MMA".

Last edited:
@Broadcast Going on rants like this will only push newcomers away from the sport. It is valid for them to have their opinions about the rules and structure, even if those opinions are not all positive. Kickboxing isn't popular enough for gatekeeping to be sustainable

Guys it's f42, not the UFC forum, calm down <45>

Star-Wars-Attack-Of-The-Clones-5.jpg

**SPOILER ALERT**

No clones, he's just annoying as fuck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back