Izzy didn't need to fight Strickland

andgonsil

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
He could defend his title in Abu Dhabi and confortably school Khamzat. He would keep the belt and make much more money

I believe the reason for Izzys historic activity is his division is horrible and he wants to lock in as many title defenses as he possibly can before that changes.

Does anyone have to fight anyone? Life’s biggest questions

Breh, khamzat will beat izzy if they fight.

I am a huge Izzy fan as well. Khamzat is coming to smesh

Izzy was thinking easy payday. How could he lose to a guy who walks straight ahead with his head up with little power in his hands? It was a complete shock to everyone, including Izzy, that he got his ass kicked.

Revisionism at its finest. Khamzat is/was regarded as a tougher fight than Strickland.

He did. Either that or just cancel ufc 293 entirely.
Can't talk all that trash to DDP and then duck Strickland of all people lmao

Izzy is not the type to sit out. hes a warrior who loves to fight.

Yes, he shouldn't have fought Strickland. Probably underestimated him going into the fight.

However, him vs Khamzat would probably end up like the Jan fight.

He could defend his title in Abu Dhabi and confortably school Khamzat. He would keep the belt and make much more money
Izzy would have faked an injury to avoid khamzat

Defending your title is always the biggest challenge.

Hmm...imagine if izzy stepped in for costa. Is this the same card Volks in on too?

He wanted to fight in Australia which is sort of his hometown or close to it. I don't blame him, it looked like the best move.

Why would Izzy fight Khamzat who at the time didnt know what weight class he is ..

This is just foolish....seeing as this fight can still happen ..

Why would khamzat have deserved that title shot ? This was his first test at mw. He's fought no one

Back