Media Izzy squashes Khamzat rumors

Gastelum is a elite wrestler? What are you on about?
Kelvin won a 5a Division wrestling title out of highschool and continued to wrestle in college where he was ranked 5th in the country (NJCAA) before he went into MMA. Why people don't know this is beyond me.

Kelvin won a 5a Division wrestling title out of highschool and continued to wrestle in college where he was ranked 5th in the country (NJCAA) before he went into MMA. Why people don't know this is beyond me.
I know he has a wrestling background. He almost never uses it in MMA tho.

Kelvin is not an elite wrestler in MMA. Just admit you are wrong and move on.
I'm not though. Sounds more like you have the same problem that other dumb ass has. Kelvin used his wrestling a lot more early on in his carrer, especially in Cage Rage. His wrestling is a hell of a lot better than Izzy's which is the point of this argument. Another L given to another Shertard.

I'm not though. Sounds more like you have the same problem that other dumb ass has. Kelvin used his wrestling a lot more early on in his carrer, especially in Cage Rage. His wrestling is a hell of a lot better than Izzy's which is the point of this argument. Another L given to another Shertard.
Wow! He used his wrestling against bums early in his career. Huge deal. Show the 5 occasions of Kelvin using his wrestling in his UFC run since he is elite. He can't consistently get guys down, and he's not that good at scrambling. He got outwrestled by Magny for fuck sake LOL.

Wow! He used his wrestling against bums early in his career. Huge deal. Show the 5 occasions of Kelvin using his wrestling in his UFC run since he is elite. He can't consistently get guys down, and he's not that good at scrambling. He got outwrestled by Magny for fuck sake LOL.
Yeah. A split decision in a very entertaining fight. That must've been around the time you first heard of MMA.

Kelvin is not an elite wrestler in MMA. Just admit you are wrong and move on.

After the clinic Sean Brady ran on him, I'd be interested in seeing Chimaev vs Brady if Khamzat ever returns to 170.

Yeah. A split decision in a very entertaining fight. That must've been around the time you first heard of MMA.
That has got nothing to do with our discussion but OK. LOL. I am glad you have finally indirectly admitted you are wrong.

No one is ducking Khamzat. That's a good matchup for Izzy tbh. Just survive one round and pick him apart on the feet.
Which primary strikers have done this? What has happened to guys that weren't wrestlers or BJJ champions?

Bo nickal dominates khamzat when they eventually fight and Izzy beats the shit out of khamzat.

is Khamzat actually an elite wrestler though?? he's an, "elite," wrestler who's finished only 1 ranked opponent (Kevin Holland) with his wrestling; an opponent who took the fight on 1 day notice, got a fake glove touch at the start of the round, and was still able to survive, sprawl, and defend for a period of time.

he was on Usman's back, Usman had both hands on the ground, neck wide open, and Khamzat didn't finish. I call shenanigans on his, "elite wrestler," title.

S H E N A N I G A N S!!!!

What does finishing have to do with being an elite wrestler? Holland was ragdolled and finished in like 2 mins, he didn’t survive nothing lol

Gastelum is not an elite wrestler like khamzat lol. Did kelvin even attempt a takedown in their fight

Let us know when Bo Dallas picks up a win over someone worth a damn.
Everyone’s got to start somewhere. Anyones resume at the start has bums on it. It’s about seeing the potential.

Back