JACO Guardian Review w/ Pics

But wait, isn't what you reviewed a Jock/compression short combo as well?

It's a all in one sort of deal. They are essentially compression shorts with Velcro straps attached to the cup held in with a mesh material, and the straps attach to strategically placed patches of suede-ish like material; securing the cup in place indefinitely.

true, but its not 2 seperate pieces. Jaco gave us the best of both worlds and combined it:icon_twis

It's a all in one sort of deal. They are essentially compression shorts with Velcro straps attached to the cup held in with a mesh material, and the straps attach to strategically placed patches of suede-ish like material; securing the cup in place indefinitely.

Thanks for clearing that up :icon_chee

do the pads do much for grappling, thinking about buying but cant decide on which option pads or no pads

do the pads do much for grappling, thinking about buying but cant decide on which option pads or no pads

What do you mean? If you mean do they protect your thighs during grappling, then yes. But I don't think thats what you meant.

i guess my question is more do the pads do anything worth ten bucks if im strictly grappling in them. or does it cause you too loose flexibility cause they are too bulky or thick?

this review on its own has made me decide to want one even though i boycott jaco due to the price, but i cant handle a jock strap and the other compression brands cause the cup to move to much. so i appreciate the effort you put into the review.

i guess my question is more do the pads do anything worth ten bucks if im strictly grappling in them. or does it cause you too loose flexibility cause they are too bulky or thick?

this review on its own has made me decide to want one even though i boycott jaco due to the price, but i cant handle a jock strap and the other compression brands cause the cup to move to much. so i appreciate the effort you put into the review.

Thanks man, and glad I made your next purchase :p.

If you are strictly grappling, then I would say it would not be worth it. Unless you have sensitive thighs or tend to get your thighs beat. But if that's the case, you might as well toughen them up.

You can see by some of the photos of the pads that they are fairly thin, less than a half inch. They are long and wide enough to protect the rest of your thigh, not from inside leg kicks though.

Personally I do not use the pads, not that they are uncomfortable, I just choose not to use them.

I ordered the guardian due to peer pressure. Went for 3 hours straight today and the thing did not shift a damn bit.

I thought the Shock Doctors were good but these things are on another level.

This is probably the best investment I've made with regards to MMA gear.

I read through twenty pages of talk to finally come across this thread. My Nutty Buddy may stop a fastball, but it shifts around a little less than the Shock Doctor. And when shifting can mean pain and a lost legacy, even a slight shift matters. So I was looking at the Jaco setup, and your review has me sold: it's good on ground, good on the feet.

Thanks for the in-depth review. I plan on buying a pair based, and this review sealed the deal! You should get some referral points!

I machine wash it just because I can't be bothered, logos are peeling but it's minor. It's on the inside anyway.

Really wish they would just sublaminate their logos though.

Yeah, I do the same, I just stick them in the wash and stick em in the dryer, but I pull em before they're fully dry.

I machine wash it just because I can't be bothered, logos are peeling but it's minor. It's on the inside anyway.

Really wish they would just sublaminate their logos though.

Yeah, I do the same, I just stick them in the wash and stick em in the dryer, but I pull em before they're fully dry.

tell jaco that in this thread:

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f16/dear-jaco-feedback-1231808/

they have to improve them when many complain about the logos

so just remove the cup and wash it? no problems wit the velcro?

im thinking of handwashing it after tonite i need em for tomz

I haven't personally handled a Nutty Buddy so I don't know its actual dimensions. And I personally wouldn't. The Jaco Guardian is a system of its own -- the cup, the straps, and the shorts. The cup is made for the shorts, straps hook into the cup.. look at the photos mate. :)

The Jaco Guardian worn by Junior Dos Santos took a 60 mile per hour kick to the family jewels from CroCop. Who won that fight? JDS did. :D

Hahahaha, sweet.

You'll definitely be happy with your purchase. Are you going to go pads or no pads?

The padded version seems to be sold out everywhere! I don't mind paying the extra $10 for the padding (because you can always take them out), but the backordered status is making my want to go with the non-padded version...

Back