News *** Jake Paul vs. Anderson Silva Boxing Bout Set for October MEGA THREAD ***

Winner?

• Total voters
I think a good prime UFC fighter, even a 170er, would beat Paul, but Nate (or Nick) ain't it.

Both guys take way too much damage, and both might be able to build up damage with small gloves, but not with the 16 oz ones that easily get blocked. Both also have no idea what footwork or head movement is, which works in MMA but not boxing.

Nick was always said to be "the best MMA boxer" but look at his fights with KJ Noons, both fights Nick was getting lit up the entire time, and the only reason he lost that second fight was because he spent 90% of the time fixing his hair, while still doing more damage and landing more.

That being said, I think Paul really does need to fight one of the Diaz brothers though, because this fight will kill any chance of any actually MMA or Boxing fans watching his fights again, though he'll make more than enough with fans of fart jokes or whatever else he does. The only reason people may tune in is because people know the Diaz brothers don't pull this crap where they'll scratch their ass for 7 rounds expecting that they'll get a KO in the 8th, they'll actually fight even if that means getting KO'd.

Why would him starching Diaz kill the public's interest in watching him fight.

why's that sad?

lol

some of you guys need to mature and stop getting so touched by these public figures who are essentially actors and make a living off being polarizing.

Look BEYOND all that fake shit and start looking at the actual people behind the masks and you'll understand the world.

lmao as you sit here crying over a very mundane comment about Jake Paul's personality... yeah you're fucking weird. I'm sure when he went to a suicide forest in Japan and mocked the people there, that was some kind of act of good faith right? He was a dumb kid and did dumb shit... and he's still a dumbass.

Only in 2022 do people idolize scumbags like Jake Paul... unbelievable. Travis Scott still has some fans too, that's even more amazing.

Last edited:
silva made some really questionable decisions in this fight

we saw shades of the old spider when he bullied jake in the beginning of the second round but at times it felt like he was content with letting jake tee off while he pulled some of his punches

good win and congrats to jake

Oh man, the Jake Paul fans (who seem to be claiming the fight was fixed) are pouring in here... it's awful.

lmao as you sit here crying over a very mundane comment about Jake Paul's personality... yeah you're fucking weird. I'm sure when he went to a suicide forest in Japan and mocked the people there, that was some kind of act of good faith right? He was a dumb kid and did dumb shit... and he's still a dumbass.

Only in 2022 do people idolize scumbags like Jake Paul... unbelievable. Travis Scott still has some fans too, that's even more amazing.
Lol that was his brother.

Yawn. All talk no action.

Easy to call the UFC out over pay but his unwilling to put his money where his mouth is and fix things.

i don't idolize any man on this earth.

The fact that I spoke some truth nd you automatically jump to some weird black and white assumption is weird. Lol, It wasn't even that serious. U the one crying bro.

And that was Logan, not Jake. Throw ur shade bud, but at least know who the fuck you're talking about lmao..

Last edited:
Anderson looked pissed off that Jake went against the script and knocked him down in the final round. Then Anderson went ham on him and beat him up for real for the rest of the fight lol. What a big scam. Anderson should be banned for that.

Silva's MMA offence was enforced by knees and kicks. Without them he was a boxer.

LOL… Tell me you don’t know anything about boxing without telling me you don’t know boxing.

The average amateur pedigree in boxing can easily be over 30 fights, that’s how proficient you have to be at your trade to compete at the lowest levels of pro boxing against low level opponents. Jake would get worked by an average 18 year old with a real boxing pedigree.

I have no problem with Jake, but he’s handpicking MMA fighters for a reason. The level of boxing in MMA is so laughably low, it’s now apparent and being exposed.

MMA fans are saying the most outlandish things now to cope with an influencer beating up their champs.

<6>
This reflects poorly on BOTH MMA striking and boxing IMO, as Anderson did just beat a former boxing champion (Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.) last year in boxing.
Both MMA striking and boxing are getting humiliated by Jake Paul, lol.

I do believe a good MMA fighter with ground skills would smash him in an MMA or in a real fight. A fighter with the pedigree of, say, Fedor would absolutely destroy him.

With that said, Jake Paul deserves props. He's got talent and works hard. Now he will be able to tell his grand kids of the night he put Anderson Silva on his ass and his arms were raised in triumph. Badass.

Last edited:
Back