News *** Jake Paul vs. Anderson Silva Boxing Bout Set for October MEGA THREAD ***

Winner?

• Total voters
I don't get Jake. On one hand, he wants to beat all the MMA fighters in boxing as a flex or something. On the other, he wants to help them get more money in MMA. Seems like kind of a contradiction.

This reflects poorly on BOTH MMA striking and boxing IMO, as Anderson did just beat a former boxing champion (Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.) last year in boxing.
Both MMA striking and boxing are getting humiliated by Jake Paul, lol.

I do believe a good MMA fighter with ground skills would smash him in an MMA fight. A fighter with the pedigree of, say, Fedor, would absolutely destroy him.

With that said, Jake Paul deserves props. He's got talent and works hard. Now he will be able to tell his grand kids of the night he put Anderson Silva on his ass and his arms were raised in triumph. Badass.
he's a rich young athletic dude who is taking boxing seriously. He has pretty much scrapped most of his youtubing for this. If Chavez Jr took the sport as seriously he'd still be in the game, but mo he was getting drunk and high on fight nights or some shit.

Yawn. All talk no action.

Easy to call the UFC out over pay but his unwilling to put his money where his mouth is and fix things.
He's supposed to be starting something with Silva leading it I guess but we will see. I do at least like he's bringing attention to the issue.
A 25 year old beating up a 50 year old.

“Exposed”
I think he's talking about fighter pay not beating old ppl.
He seems to be the one exploiting former fighters.
This is true he's getting rich as fuck from it too. Only good thing is hws brining media attention to fighter pay in the UFC.
I don't get Jake. On one hand, he wants to beat all the MMA fighters in boxing as a flex or something. On the other, he wants to help them get more money in MMA. Seems like kind of a contradiction.
It is and he's clearly doing it for himself and using the pay issues for more attention but it's at least good it's getting to the media.

To everyone the kids a fucking goofball but if he's getting legit issues with fighter pay noticed .y the mainstream media I'm ok with it.

This is impossible.

Anderson Silva is the greatest fighter of all time - greating offence is literally his art and he is the greatest artist to ever live.

Clearly the fighters are told to go easy on Jake Paul and the score cards are rigged anyway - this is a total circus.

There is literally no reason for it not to be.

Im sorry but Luke is a pompous douche and he knows it.

He is giving them big paydays everytime they fight him
Yea I know, but if his angle is to get them paid as some sort of charitable thing, then why is he engaging in all this feuding with them? He's also trashed MMA as a whole in the past too, saying that he's going to expose MMA fighters as bums who can't box.

Thinking about it though, part of me is starting to be of the opinion that most of the fighter union stuff he's talking about is solely him trying to wage war with Dana. I get the sense that Dana not letting Masvidal, Nate, and Conor go box him really pissed Jake off.

i'm exposing your business and making MMA fighters look bad thats how you know i have their best interests at heart

If Jake is solely trying to improve fighter pay for the UFC, he is obviously doing it to piss off Dana. If he's doing it for the whole of MMA he deserves all the respect

I'd say Paul is proving the point that it's ridiculous that fighters from the premier MMA organization in the world have to angle for a fight with him to get a real payday.

As for fighting old, former UFC fighters, it's not like he can take on any current fighters. Dana would never let that happen.

Obviously, in the end he's looking out for himself, but he's doing SOMETHING, whether it's genuine or not is up for debate but it's something.

Jesus fucking Christ I just wrote a novel defending Jake Paul. I'm accepting applications to be my second for ritual Seppuku.

This reflects poorly on BOTH MMA striking and boxing IMO, as Anderson did just beat a former boxing champion (Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.) last year in boxing.

Eh, I dont think so. Its not embarrassing boxing because Jake is not beating up boxers (I know I know Chavez jr lost to Anderson but the guy is a washed up junkie train wreck) and its not embarrassing MMA striking because it isnt MMA striking, its pure boxing.

A 25 year old beating up a 50 year old.

“Exposed”
Believe me, I'm a Silva fan who wanted him to knock Jake out. With that being said, not giving Jake kudos for getting a very hard earned W isn't right. Silva might be 47, but the guy in no way resembled a 47 year old last night. To be fair though, Anderson's probably been eating horse steaks with Overeem (although Jake probably has too).

He’s just virtue signaling so that beating up on old mma legends doesn’t look as bad in the public eye

Fighters union means the Islam's, Izzy's, and Conor's will make less money. It will never happen

If Jake is solely trying to improve fighter pay for the UFC, he is obviously doing it to piss off Dana. If he's doing it for the whole of MMA he deserves all the respect
Ditto on this

Dana may regret not letting Masvidal go box Jake (where the feud began) when the UFC's paying 50% of their revenue to fighters and having to give them retirement health benefits

I do believe a good MMA fighter with ground skills would smash him in an MMA or in a real fight. A fighter with the pedigree of, say, Fedor would absolutely destroy him.

With that said, Jake Paul deserves props. He's got talent and works hard. Now he will be able to tell his grand kids of the night he put Anderson Silva on his ass and his arms were raised in triumph. Badass.

Chavez Jr has been a joke in boxing for years. A Mexican Junie Browning, a train gone off the rails. He was never close to being elite, he only got eyes because of his fathers name.

Again no hate on Jake Paul for making money with boxing, but his skills to an avid boxing connoisseur are amateur at best.

MMA boxing isn’t good. Look at some of the champs: Sterling, Ngannou, Mak, etc. these guys would all get pieced by Jake Paul equivalents lol.

I'd say Paul is proving the point that it's ridiculous that fighters from the premier MMA organization in the world have to angle for a fight with him to get a real payday.

As for fighting old, former UFC fighters, it's not like he can take on any current fighters. Dana would never let that happen.

Obviously, in the end he's looking out for himself, but he's doing SOMETHING, whether it's genuine or not is up for debate but it's something.

Jesus fucking Christ I just wrote a novel defending Jake Paul. I'm accepting applications to be my second for ritual Seppuku.
You're acting like this doesn't go both ways. The reason for the big pay days is because he's fighting former top dogs from MMA.

He cancelled his last fight with a boxer because nobody gave a shit.

Yea I know, but if his angle is to get them paid as some sort of charitable thing, then why is he engaging in all this feuding with them? He's also trashed MMA as a whole in the past too, saying that he's going to expose MMA fighters as bums who can't box.

Thinking about it though, part of me is starting to be of the opinion that most of the fighter union stuff he's talking about is solely him trying to wage war with Dana. I get the sense that Dana not letting Masvidal, Nate, and Conor go box him really pissed Jake off.
I think it's his way of making the MMA fighters want to fight him and to also bring more attention to the fights

Last edited:
Hes like a scorned ex-GF towards Dana. Its really weird.

I dont buy that he actually gives a fuck about the fighters. If he did he wouldnt be booking himself to beat up and embarrass old legends and then bragging about it. That comes across like somebody thats trying to damage the credibility of a competitor, and the pay thing comes across like trying to stir up a hornets nest.

lmao as you sit here crying over a very mundane comment about Jake Paul's personality... yeah you're fucking weird. I'm sure when he went to a suicide forest in Japan and mocked the people there, that was some kind of act of good faith right? He was a dumb kid and did dumb shit... and he's still a dumbass.

Only in 2022 do people idolize scumbags like Jake Paul... unbelievable. Travis Scott still has some fans too, that's even more amazing.

He never did that. You're making yourself look really ignorant.

Back