• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News *** Jake Paul vs. Anderson Silva Boxing Bout Set for October MEGA THREAD ***

Winner?

• Total voters
I don't really understand boxing but I had Anderson up 6 rounds to 2 but I guess that last one was 10-8 due to the knockdown

But like Anderson is a UFC champion who won all his fights with striking and Jake Paul is a YouTuber who got popular by trolling, so Anderson should've knocked this guy out

Mma striking is pretty different from boxing. If Silva could throw elbows and knees, that's a very different fight.

All in all this fight is gonna age better over time for Silva, as more and more washed up mma fighters get knocked out by Paul.

Wait.... People actually thought Silva was going to win? Hahahahahaha. Holy FUCK you guys are retarded.

Jake has a shot at beating ANY washed past their prime elderly fighter. Nobody needs to see any more of this. Fighting somebody like Diaz might be a slight step up and still a winnable big draw fight for him.

Why? Plenty of champs were still fighting no hope jobbers & cans at this age and this many fights into their career.
Only difference is those fights are ussually not televised let a lone PPV.

those champs were also not calling out the p4p top boxer after their 5th fight.

im actually surprised at how well anderson took those shots. I thought he'd get his lights shut out by the 7th round..

a good showing by both guys actually.

Jake will obliterate nate diaz
months of neck training goes a long way, lol

1/10 for trolling. They are different sports. Anderson was nearly twice Jake’s age. It’s been said a thousand times, if he wants to be taken seriously than fight real boxers.

If he wants to fight MMA guys, fight an mma fight.

Perception is reality. This has nothing to do with facts.

Silva beat a former (bullsh*t) alphabet boxing champ much younger than him in boxing. So if MMA got embarrassed, then by the same idiotic reasoning boxing got embarrassed even harder.

But nobody saw that. All they saw was one of the greatest MMA fighters ever lose to a youtuber. It doesn't matter that he is 47. It doesn't matter that the youtuber is pretty decent. All that matters is a MMA legend got clowned by a youtuber.

No, the excuse was ready before it started, now should he get some respect? I guess so, Silva wasnt Askren or Woodley in there.

Lol it’s funny to see mma fans are still this triggered by Conor btw. He really did a number on you guys.

he really did a number on dustin poiriers family too when he threatened to kill them after the fight

Nope, he should keep wiping out ex-MMA champs/fan favorites. It's hilarious AF.

I don't want to see Jake fight anyone over 40 anymore. We know he can beat them.

A wee bit of a size difference...not exactly a bold prediction, TS :rolleyes:

That guy is some guru like jake pauls breathing coach or something like that<45>

1/10 for trolling. They are different sports. Anderson was nearly twice Jake’s age. It’s been said a thousand times, if he wants to be taken seriously than fight real boxers.

If he wants to fight MMA guys, fight an mma fight.

Anderson got outboxed by a YouTube personality. I don't give a fuck if it was in MMA, a circus event, or a boxing match with both of them wearing dildos on their head. In no world should that ever happen. It did happen. Hilarious.

EDIT: Oh, and I did see it coming. Silva is old, overrated and has a terrible chin.

I had it 6-2 Paul with the final round a 10-8. Could’ve been 5-3 Paul if one of the swing rounds went Silva’s way

Why aren't pro boxers stepping up? Wheres Tyson, Roy Jones jr, let's see how they do. It seems like boxing's skill gap is tiny and you only need to be athletically gifted and young. Once you are old, the skill gap aint there to still win lmao. I've been saying it for years man. "the sweet science" yea right. Prove me wrong.

Back