Rumored Jamahal Hill vs Israel Adesanya is being worked on

Who is more deserving at LHW? Besides a win sets up a 4th fight with Poatan (potentially) which cmon man what more could you ask for
Why not Ankalaev? Where the hell is he? He was the next contender. Jiri got injured (#1), Glover rejected to fight him (#3), so he fought #4 (Jan) for the vacant belt half a year ago and didn't lose, he got a draw.

Then the pink goof complained that they both are assholes and he was making a new belt with #3 (Glover) and #5 (Hill). Hills wins it, he is the "official champ" now. He still hasn't even faced #1 and #2 though!! If Jiri (#1) is still injured to fight him, what is the excuse for #2 to not fight him seeing that Hill couldn't be higher than #3 in the rankings if the pink goof hadn't invented that new belt out of his ass?

And the tradition of certain fighters getting unearned title shots continues.

PerfumedInfamousCowrie-max-1mb.gif

Good fight. Most may see it for Izzy, but I think Hill is gonna give him a very tough fight. He's getting better and better.

Israel is the better striker. Now Jamahal might be big. Izzy might come in again looking small. If Izyy bulks properly and is the same size I am picking him on skills and experience. So I'm open for a suprise.

Sure, but make Izzy vacate the MW belt then. No sense holding up two divisions for a so-called "superfight" that nobody asked for.
Lol he’s cleared out mw and there’s literally no worth while fight for him

Last edited:
Lol@"being worked on". No, it is not. Adesanya's payroll minions love to spread fake news to make Adesanya relevant lol.

Why not Ankalaev? Where the hell is he? He was the next contender. Jiri got injured (#1), Glover rejected to fight him (#3), so he fought #4 (Jan) for the vacant belt half a year ago and didn't lose, he got a draw.

Then the pink goof complained that they both are assholes and he was making a new belt with #3 (Glover) and #5 (Hill). Hills wins it, he is the "official champ" now. He still hasn't even faced #1 and #2 though!! If Jiri (#1) is still injured to fight him, what is the excuse for #2 to not fight him seeing that Hill couldn't be higher than #3 in the rankings if the pink goof hadn't invented that new belt out of his ass?

Last I remember of Ankalaev is that I'd rather forget Ankalaev, didn't he shit the bed his last two performances? Genuinely asking, can't remember I legit stopped paying attention to him after some absolutely horrid showings in recent memory.

Even still unless he's coming off some massive performances keep that dude away from the title until he earns it. The just bleed gods sent us their only begotten son (Jiri) and we deserve better lol

iirc Jiri is out indefinitely with a shoulder injury

hill isn’t 5-15 … he’s 5 out of his last 6 by knockout

I never said Izzy is a knockout artist …. I said ufc prefers an English speaking knockout artist as champ (hill)
Ah, you were talking about Hill. Carry on

Yeah I mean you either book DDP vs Izzy which doesn't make much sense because he hasn't really earned one yet

Rob totally could have the trilogy but I can see Izzy not really being keen on fighting someone a 3rd time that he holds 2 wins over.

If DDP beats Rob, he certainly would be next for Izzy though at MW. That's the only MW fight that interests Izzy at the moment anyway.
Given the way the 4 Poatan fights have played out an awful lot of fight fans would put no stock in Izzy not wanting to fight someone a 3rd time who has 2 wins over. It would look enormously hypocritical.

You don't think the prior 0-1 at LHW hurt's Izzy's case a bit? Because I think I would 100% be in agreement with you if he hadn't gone up previously to fight Jan.

Meaning - If we flip it and Khamzat had previously went up to 185 a bit earlier in his career and lost to a...Paulo Costa, let's say.....I don't think I would have this same take. Part of going up is the unknown of how they handle bigger matchups and, as a fan, there just doesn't seem to be a huge reward for Izzy.

If he loses, again 'he's a MW height bully blah blah blah'. If he wins, it's 'well Hill wasn't that good. They tailored an easier matchup for Izzy after Jan's win etc'.

Although when it comes to convincing Izzy, I absolutely agree with you. Izzy should/would be lobbying for LHW, clearly, and the UFC is probably more than happy to oblige to satisfy a star.

Again, I get it. I just don't love it.
You don't think Adesanya being a longstanding champ and draw gives him more leverage than Chimaev.

Along with the fact that he's never missed weight and has obviously fought much higher level competition.

You are really making things more complicated than they actually are.

Didn't he had a shot at LHW championship already?

So I figure Jiri is out with his shoulder still?

Izzy already had his chance at champ champ. I think Jamahal gets it done tbh. I'm sick of champs fighting for other belts and fucking up divisions

But Whitaker is fighting Du Plessis, Alex is fighting Jan and God knows what's happening to Khamzat. So the timing isn't too bad...

I've been watching MMA since about 2003. But I don't recall how strong the division was prior to Jon Jones. He became champ in 2011, twelve years ago. Pretty much the whole time he's demolished his competition, making the division look weak. Rua, Rampage, Machida, Evans weren't in their prime when they faced him. It was a pretty weak division, or as you said, looked week since Jones took over.

Jones haters always trying to rewrite history.
Machida - 33
Rampage Jackson - 33
Muriciou Rua - 29
Rashad Evans - 32

Didn't Glover, a guy Jones trashed a decade earlier become Champion recently?

Back