Movies James Cameron 4K Movies (Aliens-Abyss-True Lies)

Which film should I buy with gift card

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aliens. Aliens is a classic.

True Lies is simply a pulpy enjoyable action flick.

Let’s just hope they fare better than Terminator 2: Judgement Day which is considered one of the worst 4K discs of all-time.
Yeah that was an utter disappointment. Part of that was he used the same print/grading or whatever he did for the theatrical 3D re-release, which explains the excessive DNR.

Given neither Abyss or True Lies have had a 3D release... It should be ok. Titanic 4K looks good too. I think T2 was a one-off fuck up from Cameron.

Im buying all 3 but I heard they really botched True Lies with digital noise enhancement and took out any grain. aliens isn’t as bad but still disappointing.
The Abyss is apparently the least botched transfer and I would go with that one.

titanic 4k looked epic. A shame that Aliens is isn’t as good as Alien which is like my top 5 4K for reference picture quality.

Im buying all 3 but I heard they really botched True Lies with digital noise enhancement and took out any grain. aliens isn’t as bad but still disappointing.
The Abyss is apparently the least botched transfer and I would go with that one.

titanic 4k looked epic. A shame that Aliens is isn’t as good as Alien which is like my top 5 4K for reference picture quality.

That’s a shame. I’ll be buying The Abyss and True Lies as their last releases were on DVD. Probably going to hold off on Aliens as the Blu Ray is still pretty good.

@lsa as a big James Cameron fan, what is your opinion?

Ah fuck...

I waited years for the new Aliens release but sadly it's utter dog shit. Don't buy it. It's just a rescan of the old BR but enhanced with AI that makes it look completely plastic. This waxed look. Cameron really sucks at these remasters. Just like T2. Lazy and much worse than original release. I rather watch in 1080,p

Buy instead Alien remaster. That is wonderful done. True to the original but visually enhanced.

Last edited:
I picked Aliens but reading through this thread. I feel like you shouldn't buy any of them. Looks it's not worth it at all based on people feedback on here.

Cameron doing a Lucas and remastering his old films so that it looks like the characters are all CGI.

Cameron doing a Lucas and remastering his old films so that it looks like the characters are all CGI.

Yep that’s the consensus for the three that come out tomorrow. I did pick up The Abyss and True Lies as theyre not even available on Blu Ray. I’m not upgrading Aliens:

They are AI-upscaled like Titanic. It's not the end of the world but they could have looked so much better if Cameron didn't tinker with them. He wants all of his movies to look like they are shot in 2024. Drives me nuts.

Back