Media Jamie Varner not a fan of Laura Sanko's commentary

She's way better than Rogan and DC. She's articulate and doesn't go way overboard with the hyperbole like Rogan.
Actually she brings the whole UFC production up a notch.
She’s not better than Rogan, maybe DC

Great fighter. And a cool dude… he is just a prick. We’ve learned to get over it and love it though
As much as he was a prick i was sad learn he had to retire. He had tha dawg in him

Every commentator does that.

Yeah, and some of them do it so fucking loudly that the fighters probably can't even hear their own coaches when they're fighting at the Apex. Bisping literally shouting instructions while the two fighters are up against the cage has got to cause some kind of distraction.

This is basically a lie.
(That Sanko is telling)

Yes they were on the same card, but they definitely didn't warmup together as Lauras amateur fight was the 2nd fight on the card which had 11 fights.

Jamie Varner was the headliner and as such probably had not even arrived yet as she would have been warming up about 5-6 hours before Varners fight.

So... yeah, no reason why Varner would be expected to remember that or have any sort of sense of comraderie.

Yeah, and some of them do it so fucking loudly that the fighters probably can't even hear their own coaches when they're fighting at the Apex. Bisping literally shouting instructions while the two fighters are up against the cage has got to cause some kind of distraction.
APEX sucks. Not their fault that APEX sux.

Perfect response from her to be honest, its not like she fought for years, but hey, she has fight and trained MMA, its not like she is saying dumb things or hyperbole stuff during the best PPV´s around..., she is doing APEX shows...

Last edited:
I don’t mind her. I barely pay attention to them anyways though. If you don’t like it why not just mute it?
I like hearing the crowd energy.

I wish you could get the crowd but not the commentators or have the option to mute them. (But keep the crowd/cage mics)

I tend to compromise by turning the volume down a bit, and since I have hearing damage from years of playing live music, DJing, blasting music in headphones as a kid etc, I don't pick up dialogue at a certain level, but I can still hear it if the crowd roars.

APEX sucks. Not their fault that APEX sux.

Yea, but it is their fault that they can't shut up with the instructions and just call the fights as they are happening.

Perfect response from her to be honest, its not like she fought for years, but hey, she has fight and trained MMA, its not like she is saying dumb things or hyperbole stuff during the best PPV´s around, she is doing APEX shows...

Also it is not like the male commentators are universally praised and consistently amazing. The bar is low as shit.

Honestly when i have heard her commentate i wasnt impressed.
Felt like she was talking just to talk or stating the obvious. But that is still not much more annoying than DC or Bisping openly rooting for their friends/training partners or Dom/bisping/Rogan arguing.... or Rogan screaming "OMOPLATA" a millions times and never figuring out that it is extremely unlikely to actually result in a submission finish.

damn, even tagged her too

Hey, if you are gonna talk shit, it is more respectable to do it face to face.

Back