Media Jamie Varner not a fan of Laura Sanko's commentary

Where's the logic in applying that to the critics though? Sure, getting shit from people is inevitable, but that doesn't mean the people who give shit should be treated like they are a required part of the formula.

If he didn't want to be ganged up, the onus of responsibility is on him to not be dumb. Ironically, by your logic, aren't his own statements up to criticism, and then his defenders need to shut up?

Action: Varner said something stupid. Reaction: People told him he was stupid. Everyone was free to engage or disengage at their own leisure, but only one person in this equation was an asshole for no reason.

Also, DC is fat and cheated. Some people pick criticisms backed by some objective measure. Varner can't defend his own obvious bullshit when his immediate example about blast doubles is so obviously disprovably wrong.

If I sat here and said I think hats are dumb because they make my feet feel cold by comparison, you should rightly tell me that's fucking stupid, even if it is my opinion

It's simple -- if you are in the public eye people are going to target you with their opinion.

Joubain said it so he knows it -- and unless he's going to take up for the rest of the Sports commentators, he should probably just let Sanko handle it (like she did).

I just dont like her voice... I am not a native English speaker. Just give me Rogan, Goldberg or Anik and I like it. Bisping is also OK. The rest sucks.

Which shows you how little today’s fan base knows about MMA history.

No, it shows you how irrelevant Jamie Varner is in the history of MMA. He might get a mention when WEC gets talked about but thats it. and if that were the case it certainly isnt the fans fault - considering how the UFC treats some of the greatest fighters who literally BUILT the ufc I'd say any omitting of history is the fault of douche Dana.

No, it shows you how irrelevant Jamie Varner is in the history of MMA. He might get a mention when WEC gets talked about but thats it. and if that were the case it certainly isnt the fans fault - considering how the UFC treats some of the greatest fighters who literally BUILT the ufc I'd say any omitting of history is the fault of douche Dana.

Knowledge is easily accessible to anyone who isn’t a moron. You don’t need Dana to spoon feed MMA history to you.

His return to the UFC as a +500 underdog and demolishing Edson Barboza was awesome!!! The fight against Joe Lauzon was awesome as well.

I hate incompetent women being forced into men's sports but Sanko is good at her job tbf. She is definitely better than Cruz.

There was a baseball game on TV yesterday (I believe it was the Cardinals) and they had this female commentator yapping the whole time, mostly just anecdotal nonsense, while the male commentator (a retired pro) could barely get a word in. It's like this in almost every sport now. And those "sports chat" shows are unbearable.

It's simple -- if you are in the public eye people are going to target you with their opinion.

Joubain said it so he knows it -- and unless he's going to take up for the rest of the Sports commentators, he should probably just let Sanko handle it (like she did).
He did though. That's what he's saying. She handled it.

And again, Varner is making public comments, so he's going to get targeted with everyone's opinion like I said. The logic applies both ways

Last edited:
They prolly used to FUG and now he's riding dat Bitter Bus
<{hughesimpress}><36><{cruzshake}>

Also Weight Bullying

He mad, because Sanko gotta paid job he wishes he had.

rhiLgI9.jpg

Last edited:
Knowledge is easily accessible to anyone who isn’t a moron. You don’t need Dana to spoon feed MMA history to you.

His return to the UFC as a +500 underdog and demolishing Edson Barboza was awesome!!! The fight against Joe Lauzon was awesome as well.

Again, Jamie Varner is a literally nobody in the landscape of MMA history. And youre right, nobody needs to spoon feed anyone history of MMA, its all here (and jamie varner is meaningless in it).

Again, Jamie Varner is a literally nobody in the landscape of MMA history. And youre right, nobody needs to spoon feed anyone history of MMA, its all here (and jamie varner is meaningless in it).
No, it just means they didn’t watch mma at that time. Jamie Varner was on tv more than most fighters. You had no choice to know Varner at that time if you watched

He was literally the WEC LW champion and has wins over UFC legends.

Now, I know you don't know what WEC was, but being a WEC champ is a significant accomplishment.

Is he a hall of famer? No, obviously not. But anyone who was watching MMA at the time knows who Jamie Varner is.

He was literally the WEC LW champion and has wins over UFC legends.

Now, I know you don't know what WEC was, but being a WEC champ is a significant accomplishment.

Is he a hall of famer? No, obviously not. But anyone who was watching MMA at the time knows who Jamie Varner is.
Look at my account age. You seriously think I don't know what WEC was? I've said over and over in this thread that his WEC stint is the only way he'll ever be talked about. Look, I get it the truth hurts and all that kass but Jamie varner is meaningless in the history of mma'. Outside of saying outrageous shit he hasn't been talked about in any way shape or form since. People still talk about Joe daddy Stevens for fucks sake
Deal with it.

Meaningless seems like quite the overstatement given because you don’t like him.
This thread is the most he's ever been talked about in his entire career.

Back