Rewatch Jan Blachowicz vs Alex Pereira

Damn bro Jan won that fight. Showed terrible fatigue and body language at the end of round 2, but there’s no doubt he did way more damage and control in that round. He must have clipped Alex with like 4 flush left hooks in that round lol.

Either way it is what it is. Jan did a great job. Such an underrated striker

Im so glad you're not a judge. Holy shit.

And i don't think the term "underrated" means what you think. He's literally known for his striking.

It’s another one of those fights where ppl say Jan got tired but don’t acknowledge Alex’s bodyshots which made Jan get tired. I haven’t watched it in a while but remember that being the case. I could be wrong
He looked gassed after 1sto round already

It’s another one of those fights where ppl say Jan got tired but don’t acknowledge Alex’s bodyshots which made Jan get tired. I haven’t watched it in a while but remember that being the case. I could be wrong
Exactly what I was thinking.

MMA fans don’t count body shots as actual strikes.

They didn’t even count leg strikes as real strikes until just recently.

Im so glad you're not a judge. Holy shit.

And i don't think the term "underrated" means what you think. He's literally known for his striking.
I don’t think you understand mma

Damn bro Jan won that fight. Showed terrible fatigue and body language at the end of round 2, but there’s no doubt he did way more damage and control in that round. He must have clipped Alex with like 4 flush left hooks in that round lol.

Either way it is what it is. Jan did a great job. Such an underrated striker

What fuckin fight are you watching? He "hurt" Alex with one good strike the entire fight. He did not hit Alex with 4 flush left hooks the entire fight, god forbid the 2nd round.

I'm glad Pereira won, Jan had his time but he is getting older and isn't bringing anything new to the division

Groundbreaking fight that evolved the sport. It was then that we learned that you can win a decision by losing two rounds if your opponent has his mouth open during the fight. Forget effective striking and grappling... mouth open = you got it.*

*Assuming you're the marketing favorite. Also, see early stoppage vs Jiri for more of the good ol TKO holdings marketing favorite fixin.

I thought jan narrowly won, but I knew they'd give it to Pereira just based off how tired jan looked and how most of the strikes he was landing wasn't getting any reaction from commentary or the crowd

It was way closer than I remembered. damn. But its how fresh Alex looked and how Jan looked like he was struggling which may have influenced the decision as well, Although it looked like Alex landed more effective strikes.

Live, I thought Poatan won.
I rewatched it a couple times, and I still think he won. Fight was close, but he did more damage and finished the fight better.
Finishing a fight better should have no bearing on how you score

I tend to agree, although it was close.

Also, Hill is gonna put Pereira's lights out within 2.
I agree I've got Hill by Ko.

I had Jan winning the fight as well. Not upset at the decision, it was very close.
This is correct. I dont why it so hard for people to understand in close fights, there's a winner and there's a loser. Simple concept. Fight could have gone either way and Alex was awarded the win.

Reactions: JKS
10-9 Jan
10-9 Alex
10-9 Alex

29-28 Alex

3rd was close but Alex got the better of the striking and Jan did nothing with the last min TD. If he had thrown good GNP at least maybe but he was so gassed he just laid there. Even end of round 2 he was damn near keeled over looking ready to go.

What i meant for finishing the fight better is putting pressure last round, walking forward, landing the bigger hits, enough to win the round
They seemed both tired at that altitude

Damage should outweigh point damage lets be real here LOL

Its so illogicala and one of the worst judgement calls in all of sports

Jan did not 'win' this fight lets be honest. Theres a pretty good reason why his body language was messed up.

I scored it for Alex as it happened but I would be fine either way. This is a fairly straight forward 'close fight.'

Jan looked like cooked cat shit, if you're planning on point fighting and being risk averse, you can't look like you are dying in there. That will lose you a round.

Fighting scared probably cost Jan this fight, it was winnable and he couldn't get it done. Jan has never been 'championship' material, his record correctly outlines his abilities. Good not great at roughly everything, including athleticism. He was briefly champion because even in a paper thin division, he couldn't hold that spot.

To be fair i though he won on points/rules, but the right guy got the decision.

Back