Javelinas in our backyard

sorry. couldn't resist the low hanging fruit. that was rude of me

and holy fuck yeah on the mopar

giphy.gif

How are you liking Arizona so far ts?

My wife & I are absolutely loving it. I'm sure the feeling will dissipate somewhat as time goes by & I get used to it but every day feels like I'm a vacation. My wife is more used to it as she spent her summers here in Sedona visiting her grandmother as a child whereas this is my first time here.

there was a blizzard everytime we went to buffalo/niagra falls.

where is az again? it snowed in tucson the first week we moved out there in the early 2000's

That's Western New York for you. Long cold, snowy winters & short hot, muggy summers. With nothing much in between. We're so happy to be out of there! It's home but I've no interest in going back to visit any time soon.
And, we're in Sedona, up in the mountains near Flagstaff.

My wife & I are absolutely loving it. I'm sure the feeling will dissipate somewhat as time goes by & I get used to it but every day feels like I'm a vacation. My wife is more used to it as she spent her summers here in Sedona visiting her grandmother as a child whereas this is my first time here.
go shoot an elk. great eating and a shitload of meat. that will fill your freezer. @JAEGERX

i'm from south tx so heat wasn't a problem for me. you may have issues with that but you will acclimatize

oh and @sweetviolenturg if i may make a recommendation. i have a beretta 92fs. great pistol but it is big and harder to conceal (i do not like people knowing that i'm carrying even tho i'm ltc). i carry a ruger lcp. it is awesome and fits in the palm of my hand. 380 6+1
54585_7.jpg

We have them thick here in West Texas, and yes when they are cornered they fight back, but otherwise put of the hundreds I've encountered not once have I been charged.

In fact a good friend of mine owns a ranch and he caught a baby one, and raised it as a pet. I'm not kidding at all when I say this, that little rascal was more loyal, and affectionate than most dogs. He was also a goofy little bastard, and would steal the dogs pillows to sleep on at night making the sheep dogs jealous, but they were trained not to chase animals so they had to sleep on the cold front porch while that Javelina slept on a pile of pillows.

Also, they actually don't taste bad, as long as you remove that stink gland on thier back right after you shoot them.

oh and @sweetviolenturg if i may make a recommendation. i have a beretta 92fs. great pistol but it is big and harder to conceal (i do not like people knowing that i'm carrying even tho i'm ltc). i carry a ruger lcp. it is awesome and fits in the palm of my hand. 380 6+1
54585_7.jpg

Thanks, for the suggestion. But, at the moment my choices are between three that my father in law has for me to choose from. A Glock, a "baby" Glock & a .38. One of them is going to be his gift to me. And, while I haven't looked them over or handled them yet I'm leaning toward the "baby" Glock. I like that it's a smaller piece that won't be that bulky to handle or carry.

We have them thick here in West Texas, and yes when they are cornered they fight back, but otherwise put of the hundreds I've encountered not once have I been charged.

In fact a good friend of mine owns a ranch and he caught a baby one, and raised it as a pet. I'm not kidding at all when I say this, that little rascal was more loyal, and affectionate than most dogs. He was also a goofy little bastard, and would steal the dogs pillows to sleep on at night making the sheep dogs jealous, but they were trained not to chase animals so they had to sleep on the cold front porch while that Javelina slept on a pile of pillows.

Also, they actually don't taste bad, as long as you remove that stink gland on thier back right after you shoot them.

Cool. Thanks for sharing. :)

Cool! Since moving to Arizona last week my wife & I hadn't seen any of the indigenous critters yet. We heard coyotes the other night but didn't see anything. But, a few minutes ago we heard something in our backyard & when we turned the light on to see what it was we found a family of javelinas out there eating prickly pears off our cactus. They wandered off once the light came on but the baby was slow to leave because he wanted more of that tasty fruit.
Of course, my wife, being a lover of all animals, wanted to go out there after it but I reminded her that its parents had large teeth & tusks so she listened to reason. I've heard that they can get pretty aggressive.
View attachment 621135

Co-habitating near nature has rather a nice quality to it, doesn't it. I mean compared to the hectic congestion of humans in crowded cities.

Thanks, for the suggestion. But, at the moment my choices are between three that my father in law has for me to choose from. A Glock, a "baby" Glock & a .38. One of them is going to be his gift to me. And, while I haven't looked them over or handled them yet I'm leaning toward the "baby" Glock. I like that it's a smaller piece that won't be that bulky to handle or carry.
my sister has a glock 42. great pistol as all all glocks. i just don't like the feel of them. but again great pistol. and free is like a sore dick. can't beat it

a girlfriend of mine had a pet pig. was a nice conversation at parties. One of my friends tried to kill it and i said "you know pigs are not indigenous to apartments?"

pig drank vodka like a champ

my sister has a glock 42. great pistol as all all glocks. i just don't like the feel of them. but again great pistol. and free is like a sore dick. can't beat it
Yeah, I like the look of the Glock 42 & everything that I've read about them as well, but, like you said, it will all depend on how it feels. I may very well find out that I like the .38 better. We shall see shortly.

Back