Media Javier Mendez on Islam's Potential & Next Fight

Got knocked out stiff by a bum:

YKGxA1.gif

In combat sambo or what?
I know he lost one combat sambo fight in 2006 or something and one grappling match with a first Russian bjj black belt in 2009.
Sure. His losses to Alinichev, Ibragimov and Zenin are well-known, probably dozen of others are less known because no records or videos left. And of course he or Javier would never talk about these.

So when you see a video titled like "Khabib's ONLY loss in Sambo" or "Khabib's ONLY lost point in sparring ever" be advised that it's a complete and utter crock of shit.

Lol. I (along with every major MMA outlet, the majority of viewers and commentators at the time) think he lost to Tibau. Even Nurmagomedov himself was shocked when the decision was announced. I'm pretty much sure that the whole "lost points in sparring" talk is, however, instigated by his lovers trying to create Rickson Gracie-like aura around him.

Never seen a hater trying to tally up Khabib's points in sparring.
I don’t think any Khabib fans care whether he lost in sparring or not, it’s completely irrelevant.

But no, my post was in response to someone who was nitpicking that they have said he never lost in sparring before but now they say Islam is the only one to beat Khabib. Who cares, sparring sessions are a moot point for any other fighter and most fighters find it disrespectful to even talk about someone winning or losing a sparring session.

I don’t think any Khabib fans care whether he lost in sparring or not, it’s completely irrelevant.

But no, my post was in response to someone who was nitpicking that they have said he never lost in sparring before but now they say Islam is the only one to beat Khabib. Who cares, sparring sessions are a moot point for any other fighter and most fighters find it disrespectful to even talk about someone winning or losing a sparring session.
Well I don't care about his sparring either:).

Is this amateur mma or arb (armensky rukopashniy boy) fight?
Can you post some links? I guess you have access to some Russian videos I cant find for obvious reasons.
And I dont ask as a hater who just want to see him lose. There is something about the guy like in that loss to the bjj guy in 2009 he refused to tap while being caught in a triangle and just moved backwards so the judge reset them.

Indeed, it looks like arb contest.

I don't have much. There's a video of his match with ibragimov there: https://www.stav.kp.ru/daily/26873/3916657/

Islam had no choice but to take this fight since everyone above him is ducking. However if he wins I can see him going above Felder/Hooker/Tony in the rankings since those guys aren't scheduled to fight again and are coming off multiple losses.

Back