Jerry Ward Dead at 46

Heart health bonus for everyone, extend your exhale as long as you can when you breath. When you inhale, your heart speeds up. When you exhale, your heart slows down. Extend your exhale and give you heart a rest when you can, we are all jacked up and need to relax these days.
As someone working in that field: Sorry this is very stupid advice. If you go by actual research there is a so called new breathing techniqe (Strelzov 2004) long established in professional sports that actually lowers your heart rate at the same level of exercise and they actually cross tested that with control groups and explain in detail why that works. (higher saturation of haemoglobin the lungs with longer contact time, higher internal lung pressure which also supports that....etc

It is in short prolonged deeper inhaling and the decoupling of your breathing rythm from sports intensity.

This is in german but you can google translate if you are interested. Its a descriptive article that quotes a lot of the results.
https://www.greif.de/neue-atemtechnik-beim-laufen.html

As someone working in that field: Sorry this is very stupid advice. If you go by actual research there is a so called new breathing techniqe (Strelzov 2004) long established in professional sports that actually lowers your heart rate at the same level of exercise and they actually cross tested that with control groups and explain in detail why that works. (higher saturation of haemoglobin the lungs with longer contact time, higher internal lung pressure which also supports that....etc

It is in short prolonged deeper inhaling and the decoupling of your breathing rythm from sports intensity.

This is in german but you can google translate if you are interested. Its a descriptive article that quotes a lot of the results.
https://www.greif.de/neue-atemtechnik-beim-laufen.html

How dare you! I hope you realize you have now put yourself up for the possibility of some half baked ramble about how you should not trust science but instead rely on your own mystical intuition powers. Or some shit like that, I really can't follow the little fella when he gets going, I prbably amint smrt enuf or sumptin.

I have not even read it yet, translate seems like could be painful but , cliffs? My guess from very scant german comprehension is that this is something akin to what Wim Hoff does? A sort of forced extra loading, we've used that in hockey before.

Back