Jim Caviezel's Sound Of Freedom beats opening figures of Indiana Jones

I mean Indiana Jones has earned 190 million so far. Mel Gibson Jr’s movie has made 18 million. Not even 10% there yet.

If only those days would back. With DVD rentals too.
My lady was working at BB when they were phasing out VHS so I got all sort of good movies for free or chump change.

There was something nice about the video store experience, wandering around and checking out the movie descriptions and shit, talking to actual humans and getting feedback and recommendations.

I mean Indiana Jones has earned 190 million so far. Mel Gibson Jr’s movie has made 18 million. Not even 10% there yet.

But the Indy flick’s budget/marketing campaign cost probably what 100x that of this Sound of Freedom movie. Hell I’d be willing to bet Harrison Ford’s salary alone trumps that of Sound of Freedom.

Last edited:
My lady was working at BB when they were phasing out VHS so I got all sort of good movies for free or chump change.

There was something nice about the video store experience, wandering around and checking out the movie descriptions and shit, talking to actual humans and getting feedback and recommendations.

This is what I also miss along with looking at the cover art on horror movies.

Sound of Freedom cost a reported $14.5 million to make and has already made $18 million. Indiana Jones & The Dial of Destiny cost a reported $300 million and has made $190 million. Which also doesn’t factor in the marketing costs which Indiana Jones also likely trumps considering it’s in Applebee’s commercials and this thread is the first time I’ve heard of Sound of Freedom.

So yes while Indiana Jones has made more money Sound of Freedom has to be considered the more successful film dollars wise.

First 3 Indiana Jones movies were awesome, yes including ToD

4th got a good premise (show a son that could take the role for the future of the saga), but was done like absolute shit with lot of bad ideas too (nuclear fridge wtf, aliens too) and likely Shia was'nt best pick either... personally would have picked Jensen Ackles

Did'nt seen the 5th, but fact IJ is one of my favourite sagas and have no drive to go see it is pretty telling lol, after 4th being a delusion they should have put heart there, instead i get modern Disney wich is most common place where good things die lately

I thought the refrigerator wasn't a terrible scene but it would have been better if the whole house got blown away and then he steps out of the refrigerator after the shockwave had passed.

That said, there has always been a certain amount of silliness with Indiana jones. Jumping out of a plane in a raft, chopping a bridge with a machete, grabbing vines to save yourself as a tank falls off a cliff, taking out a plane with seagulls, etc.

even Disney knew Indy was going to bomb, its why the marketing campaign was so weak. I barely knew it was coming out in Australia, it just showed up in cinemas. There was NOTHING ANYWHERE about it here.

holy fuck was the trailer bad for Sound Of Freedom though. "Hear that, it's the sound of freedom!" and it sounds like its been targetted towards people via political adds, podcasts and the like.

Shame cause I just read up on what its based on, and it sounds rivetting and the guy deservers a medal.

But this thing just screams boot lickers and qanon glory

It was hardly marketed. Marketing kills movies. It is easy to add $70 million onto the budget for marketing.

Sound of Freedom cost a reported $14.5 million to make and has already made $18 million. Indiana Jones & The Dial of Destiny cost a reported $300 million and has made $190 million. Which also doesn’t factor in the marketing costs which Indiana Jones also likely trumps considering it’s in Applebee’s commercials and this thread is the first time I’ve heard of Sound of Freedom.

So yes while Indiana Jones has made more money Sound of Freedom has to be considered the more successful film dollars wise.

That is way too big of a budget for a Indiana Jones. You are looking at $600-700 just to break even.

It was hardly marketed. Marketing kills movies. It is easy to add $70 million onto the budget for marketing.

I’m assuming you meant “wasn’t” as I feel like they marketed the hell out of this movie.

the actual story should be how they marketed & distributed the film.

an obscure company managed to get this film into (somewhat) wide release (apparently raising money via crowdfunding along the way) and then marketed this movie so well to some niche audiences that it will almost certainly be a money maker.

I had never heard of the movie until I saw it listed. looks to me like they spent about $0 on wide marketing and instead did micro-targeted messaging to their core audience (a mix of the hard core christians and Q believers). whatever they did worked and they are set up for a big financial win. supposedly the movie only cost $15m to make. my hunch is that if their target audience sees the movie as a cultural signifier, it will have a significant tail post-theatrical

No, the actual story is about how big a problem and tragedy child trafficking is world wide and how many children are being kidnapped on a daily basis all aroundr rhe world including in the States. A further exacerbating factor is about how paedophiles are driving demand for child sex trafficking. It is a terrible thing how a lot of mainstream media is ignoring this issue or conflating it wirh qanon conspiracy theories about paedophile rings in high places. The reality of child trafficking including child.sex trafficking is all too real and if tbis movie can spread thta awareness to more people, it would have done more good than any other Hollywood movie this year or all others combined.

even Disney knew Indy was going to bomb, its why the marketing campaign was so weak. I barely knew it was coming out in Australia, it just showed up in cinemas. There was NOTHING ANYWHERE about it here.

holy fuck was the trailer bad for Sound Of Freedom though. "Hear that, it's the sound of freedom!" and it sounds like its been targetted towards people via political adds, podcasts and the like.

Shame cause I just read up on what its based on, and it sounds rivetting and the guy deservers a medal.

But this thing just screams boot lickers and qanon glory

It's freedom for all those kids who are rescued from child trafficking.

This is the first time I’ve heard of this movie. But I’m finding it hard to believe that someone who thinks Hilary Clinton murders children, to extract a fictitious chemical so she can get high or whatever, would make a movie called Sound of Freedom that was anything but insane QAnon shit.
So what exactly is it about? Because he is one of my favorite actors even though he’s both insane and insanely stupid.

Are u unaware of the problem of child kidnappings and child trafficking that is rampant in the states and other countries? All those missing children? There are estimated 5.5 million children who r missing a sa result of child trafficking. It is not about republicsn- democrat turf wars or qanon conspiracy theories - its a human tragedy and unspeakable evil being perpetrated against children on an Industrial level by criminal Networks that is worth billions of dollars annually. And 52 per cent of child trafficking globally happens in the US- so it is pervasive and goes far beyond all those faces of missing kids on milk cartons etc ...https://youth-underground.com/facts-figures/

Last edited:
Back