Opinion Jimmy Kimmel declares US Cities are “filthy and disgusting” after a recent trip to Japan

I don't think that guy bothered looking anything up before blurting it out. Japan's per student spending on "muh education" is less than half the amount spent in NYC or DC, or Los Angeles, and surprise, those cities are some of the dirtiest shitholes in the country with the lowest literacy rates and drugged out hobos shitting on the sidewalk.

We can all rest now, Mr Shickadance from the karate forum has cracked the case, and it turns out those damn republicans are the reason LA, NY, DC and Chicago are dirty shitholes. Those places should really consider voting for a democrat once in a while to see how quickly those places clean up.
The poster said America genius, I’m sure jimmy kimmel has been to other places in America as well. People with money travel. Glad I could clear that up for you.

Welcome to the party pal…

Nice job escaping your echo chamber and seeing what life is like outside of the big cities

Now… if only he went into the reasons why…

lol

I am sure his reasons are centered around Donald Trump

Post your source cause mine says different when I comes to Japanese tax brackets
Sure, post yours as well that says it's just "the rich" paying high taxes.

The poster said America genius, I’m sure jimmy kimmel has been to other places in America as well. People with money travel. Glad I could clear that up for you.
Lol, ok, so presumably you can also "clear up" which cities run by republicans you think Jimmy Kimmel was talking about being "filthy". I mean since it's not the one he's from or the one he lives in that are fucking filthy with 175,000 homeless people between the 2 of them, because they both have democrat mayors for decacdes, democrat city councils, in states with democrat governors, and there is a democrat president, and was clearly talking "republican America", do you think he finds NYC and LA perfectly clean and was clearly not talking about those places, and was instead talking about how dirty Omaha is from all his Nebraska trips?

Last edited:
Sure, post yours as well that says it's just "the rich" paying high taxes.

Lol, ok, so presumably you can also "clear up" which cities run by republicans you think Jimmy Kimmel was talking about being "filthy". I mean since it's not the one he's from or the one he lives in that are fucking filthy with 175,000 homeless people between the 2 of them, because they both have democrat mayors for decacdes, democrat city councils, in states with democrat governors, and there is a democrat president, and was clearly talking "republican America", do you think he finds NYC and LA perfectly clean, and was instead talking about how dirty Omaha is?
Same source as you that says over 40mill yen is a 45% tax rate.

Same source as you that says over 40mill yen is a 45% tax rate.

This is what you posted...

Hmm I wonder what the tax rate for the richest people in Japan is? Wonder if that makes a difference. And I wonder who keeps voting to lower the tax rate on the richest in America?

More like republicans America, people who make the equivalent of 265k in Japan pay 40% and those above that pay 45% yet here in America republicans every time they are in office lower taxes for the wealthy.

Not exactly sure what you thought federal tax rates had to do with the cleanliness of a city, since that is entirely local, but ok, let's go with it. Since according to you the reason the cities are filthy is that they just don't tax people enough to have a clean city,

Japan's population is 125 million, the US is about 2.5x that number. Japan's draft budget for 2024 is $746B, while Brandon just trotted out a $7.3 trillion budget. That's nearly 10x the budget for 2.5x the population.

California's spending alone is $467B after federal transfers with a population of 39M, so again, and again and again and again, way the hell MORE spending than Japan with dogshit results, tent cities, bums and junkies everywhere, piss poor literacy rates and human shit on the sidewalk.

This is what you get for a 37% top federal rate, 12.3% state tax rate, 10.25% sales tax rate, an average of 1.65% annual property tax, and no republicans in sight.

GettyImages-1239275441.jpg

edit

How does Sherdog get worse when tech is better … lol pathetic

This is what you posted...

Not exactly sure what you thought federal tax rates had to do with the cleanliness of a city, since that is entirely local, but ok, let's go with it. Since according to you the reason the cities are filthy is that they just don't tax people enough to have a clean city,

Japan's population is 125 million, the US is about 2.5x that number. Japan's draft budget for 2024 is $746B, while Brandon just trotted out a $7.3 trillion budget. That's nearly 10x the budget for 2.5x the population.

California's spending alone is $467B after federal transfers with a population of 39M, so again, and again and again and again, way the hell MORE spending than Japan with dogshit results, tent cities, bums and junkies everywhere, piss poor literacy rates and human shit on the sidewalk.

This is what you get for a 37% top federal rate, 12.3% state tax rate, 10.25% sales tax rate, an average of 1.65% annual property tax, and no republicans in sight.

GettyImages-1239275441.jpg
I know what I posted I converted yen to usd hence the word “equivalent” ,the first time. There are dirt cities and town in the south with a tenth of the population. Most rednecks can’t even keep their trailers clean or their yards from looking like a junkyard.

Also no 1%er pays 37% this is a know fact. They even brag that they don’t

Source for what? Is Japan homogeneous? Yes. Is Japan clean? Yes. Do the factors correlate? Obviously, yes.

Something tells me this would be a different conversation, if we were talking about gun violence, or violence in general.

Jamaica is a racially homogeneous and beaches and cities aren’t remotely as clean as Japan.

Vietnam pretty homogeneous, not as clean as Japan.

I’m guessing you don’t travel much.

One thing that still sticks out to me about Japan was the aftermath of that giant earthquake and tsunami they had in 2011. There were some pics of hundreds (if not thousands) of civilians lining up single file on their own to receive aid without being told to do so by authorities. No rioting, no looting, no chaos. Completely organized and chill.

Jamaica is a racially homogeneous and beaches and cities aren’t remotely as clean as Japan.

Vietnam pretty homogeneous, not as clean as Japan.

I’m guessing you don’t travel much.
I come from a homogeneous region in Québec and the towns were dirty. He's making shit up.

I've seen Japanese people clean a few stadiums at the World Cup. They obviously have a different philosophy than many other countries.

Wait until YOU find out that their taxes are flatter than the US, kick in at much lower incomes, their yearly immigration is like a slow week at the US border, and they fine and throw people in jail for littering. It's what you would consider a "patriarchy" with almost no minorities or mass migration. The US can't even put people in jail for punching old ladies on the subway, and their littering penalties would be called "racist" here.

tenor.gif
LOL!

Your take away from that was-

lament about "minorities" and "immigrants"

No surprise there, dumbass

I come from a homogeneous region in Québec and the towns were dirty. He's making shit up.

I've seen Japanese people clean a few stadiums at the World Cup. They obviously have a different philosophy than many other countries.

Was recently in Australia, clean cities, not homogenized racially.

He needs to get out more.

Japan have some pretty shameless slum areas, but culturally they behave very different and that in your face I'm number 1 attitude doesn't exist there. By proxy Nishinari would be a nightmare zone in the USA.

edit: and he's just talking about basic cleandliness in Japan not a political issue. This has been a topic of discussion between the west and Japan since they first met and this is nothing new.

Yes, it's a part of their culture. How do you think they maintain their culture?

I know what I posted I converted yen to usd hence the word “equivalent” ,the first time. There are dirt cities and town in the south with a tenth of the population. Most rednecks can’t even keep their trailers clean or their yards from looking like a junkyard.

Also no 1%er pays 37% this is a know fact. They even brag that they don’t
Why would you pick the top amount of a tax bracket instead of where it starts, which is less than half the amount?

Feel free to pitch to taxpayers that the top rate will increase by 8%, while someone making $75k will increase by 11%

LOL!

Your take away from that was-

lament about "minorities" and "immigrants"

No surprise there, dumbass
I'm glad, it wasn't supposed to be a "surprise". There is no place with mass 3rd world migration that isn't dirty.

Your retarded takeaway was that the streets are clean because of their gun and medical insurance policies lol. Mexico also has universal healthcare and a gun ban. That's probably about as clean as Japan, right?

According to Jon Stewart, trash all over the place and bums and junkies shitting on the sidewalk is "the literal price of freedom".

it works because it's a civilized ethnostate.
bring 10 million immigrants in and watch all that civilization and cleanliness go away.
Don't bring in 10 million immigrants and watch Japan keep declining. Being an ethno state isn't all advantages.

Yes, it's a part of their culture. How do you think they maintain their culture?

Was just in Sydney, one of the more diverse cities in the world. Also very clean.

How do they maintain that culture?

Why would you pick the top amount of a tax bracket instead of where it starts, which is less than half the amount?

Feel free to pitch to taxpayers that the top rate will increase by 8%, while someone making $75k will increase by 11%

I'm glad, it wasn't supposed to be a "surprise". There is no place with mass 3rd world migration that isn't dirty.

Your retarded takeaway was that the streets are clean because of their gun and medical insurance policies lol. Mexico also has universal healthcare and a gun ban. That's probably about as clean as Japan, right?

According to Jon Stewart, trash all over the place and bums and junkies shitting on the sidewalk is "the literal price of freedom".
My pint was to show how the people who make the most get taxed significantly more than they do here , like the whole reason I made the post. Are you drunk?

My pint was to show how the people who make the most get taxed significantly more than they do here , like the whole reason I made the post. Are you drunk?
Did you post it in the wrong thread? You blurted out a random number from their tax code in a thread about Japan being cleaner than cities in the US without any mention of the rest of their tax rates or how any of it is relevant to a thread about the country's cleanliness, and even that was a fail because we already do have more progressive taxes and collect a shitload more in taxes, obviously in amount, and also many multiples more per capita. Japan's tax revenue is like $500B, and the US is over $5 trillion. We can collect waaay more in taxes with lower tax rates because our GDP per capita is over $76k while Japan's is only $33,500. How much does it cost to keep streets clean, and why can't democrat cities do it with 10x as much money?

Were you trying to claim that the US would be cleaner if everybody had less money? The streets aren't littered with cash, they're littered with needles, food wrappers and human shit.

Back