Jiri admits Reyes KO him in the fight.

He's going to regret making this admission.

You can't be serious...You don't lose a fight by getting "flashed", you lose a fight when you're unable to defend yourself which was not the case here since he recovered right away...Had Reyes followed up by additional strikes with no resistance from Jiri then yes Reyes would've won that fight.

Had the ref spotted a knockout it would have been stopped. The ref just missed it. A KO is supposed to be the end of the fight.

I think he should state he feels offended that the ref didn't stop it. Or that Jiri just didn't admit to it
Once your offended these days. Thats game over
I feel very offended that you think getting offended is "game over".
Reported

Jiri is a boss and the being real is very much appreciated

Good to get some clarity as it definitely looked that way but he recovered so damn quickly it made you question it.

i say this in every thread, his chin is shit. But he has INSANE recovery. It's wild.

I am still waiting for Carlos Newton to be recognized as an official UFC WW champion.

Still waiting for Gray Maynard's NC to be changed to a TKO win.
Newton was champ as I recall, iirc it was a title defense attempt for Newton.

But I agree with the sentiment.

Matt Hughes is the only fighter to wake up as UFC champ.

The Gray Maynard vs Rob Emerson fight should have been ruled Double KO which I believe would be the first and only UFC double tKO.

i say this in every thread, his chin is shit. But he has INSANE recovery. It's wild.
Insane recovery generally means exceptional cardio.

for example:

Frankie Edgar
Diaz Brothers
Bisping

Evidently Jiri’s confident enough to be honest with himself and everyone, kudos to him being real, 99.9% of fighters would’ve never admitted to such.
<5>
Real fighters admit they were in a fight. Only delusional dumbasses in our sport won't admit that they were in a real fight were they had to dig deep.

Just watched it at the 1:05 point in the 2nd round Jiri postures up and the upkick lands, you can see the flash KO, Jiri loses his feet and falls into side control, then quickly regained his composure... insanity that he was able to actually continue and finish like that after having his bell rung, true Just Bleed Discipline

He definitely has that killer instinct. Super impressive his discipline to shut that off when he realized Reyes was Ko'd as well. True martial artist

its interesting to note jiris behavior has many comparisons to someone like diego sanchez. but it is considered normal and cool because he sells his weirder side and philosophies better and is more handsomer , speaks more together and continues to win so that and the fact that hes getting rattled so many times in every fight isn't concerning anyone. i think the lesson we take form the diego situation is give this guy time off with pay and run the gauntlet of brain scans and psychological tests or we are going to end up with another bad situation. I said it here first.

its interesting to note jiris behavior has many comparisons to someone like diego sanchez. but it is considered normal and cool because he sells his weirder side and philosophies better and is more handsomer , speaks more together and continues to win so that and the fact that hes getting rattled so many times in every fight isn't concerning anyone. i think the lesson we take form the diego situation is give this guy time off with pay and run the gauntlet of brain scans and psychological tests or we are going to end up with another bad situation. I said it here first.

It was considered cool when Diego was doing it too. Assuming you mean having a warring style in which taking damage is part and parcel.

JBG, and all.

Wanderlei is still considered cool. Diego just went off the deep end.

Sucks for Reyes. If that's true, then Reyes should have won the fight. Getting "flashed", is getting KOed.

Are you stupid? This likely happens in fights waaay more often than you think, just that no one would typically admit something like this.

And if you watch the sequence again, he couldn't have been "knocked out" for more than a second because if he were truly out, Reyes would have been able to reverse his lifeless body easily and get on top (similar to fights we've seen where guys have KO'd themselves going for takedowns, such as Kerr vs. Yamamoto in PRIDE) like he tried to do, but you could clearly see Jiri still engaging and advancing position while on top. Jiri is just a savage, he clearly showed that the fight wasn't over and that Reyes definitely should not have won the fight.

Jiri recovers so damn quick everytime he gets hurt and becomes even more dangerous.

I remember the same thing happened to Rampage when he fought Arona. Caught an up kick and was totally out in his guard. Think Arona even tried to signal the ref about it, but, like Reyes, failed to capitalize and.... well, we all know how it ended. (if you don't know, you're a filthy casual and need to do some research asap)
Arona subbed him with a triangle choke, right?

Had the ref spotted a knockout it would have been stopped. The ref just missed it. A KO is supposed to be the end of the fight.
Not if the fighter continues fighting.

Back