Jiri admits Reyes KO him in the fight.

Where's the gaw dang gif???
The gif is
tenor.gif

Thank God I could find a gif to convey that.

Insane recovery generally means exceptional cardio.

for example:

Frankie Edgar
Diaz Brothers
Bisping

Jiri doesn't have that level of cardio though. But his ability to recover is second to none.

He definitely has that killer instinct. Super impressive his discipline to shut that off when he realized Reyes was Ko'd as well. True martial artist
That’s a great point you bring up, dude had gotten stung 2 minutes prior, then was arguably flash KO’d a minute before and had the presence of mind to shut off kill mode instaneously... this actually makes me think while Jiri has a very good chin, he has God Level Recovery, it’s a ridiculous combination of intangibles... Iron chin, ridiculous recovery, kill switch KO power, good cardio, heart in spades, savage finishing instinct.... fuuuck it’s almost not fair, has me thinking Jones vacating and decision to switch weight classes was based on avoiding this monster...LoL. Jiri one hit quit Oezdemir in July 2020, Jones vacates in August, coincidental or ducking...?

A big reason why he has jumped up the list to one of my favorite fighters if not my current #1 favorite fighter so quickly. That is pure honesty and being humble and secure. His interviews and even his broken english has made me like the guy's personality as much as his fighting style. Where as other fighters I like a lot like Izzy there are parts of their personalities that bug the shit outta me(look at your entire post fight sequence after Costa win Izzy).

I knew about him before his UFC debut and saw all of his RIZIN fights I could find so he was always one of my favorite fighting styles but never saw 1 interview or post fight speech before he joined UFC I'm ashamed to say. Dude is so likable.

Real fighters admit they were in a fight. Only delusional dumbasses in our sport won't admit that they were in a real fight were they had to dig deep.
I’m in agreement on the point of being honest about having to lay it on the line, anybody who’s been in circumstances as such would usually wear that on there sleeve... maybe I worded it wrongly, but making it public that they arguably lost the fight by flash KO...? I dunno, I’m thinking that an admission of such would be super tough to come to grips with to the point of casually bringing it up during an interview while laughing about it. Maybe more like it would be perceived as acknowledgment of a weakness, putting it out there for public consumption if that makes sense.

Sucks for Reyes. If that's true, then Reyes should have won the fight. Getting "flashed", is getting KOed.
Wrong. This is like complaining for losing a fight because the ref didn’t stop the fight earlier when you were dominating.

Are you stupid? This likely happens in fights waaay more often than you think, just that no one would typically admit something like this.

And if you watch the sequence again, he couldn't have been "knocked out" for more than a second because if he were truly out, Reyes would have been able to reverse his lifeless body easily and get on top (similar to fights we've seen where guys have KO'd themselves going for takedowns, such as Kerr vs. Yamamoto in PRIDE) like he tried to do, but you could clearly see Jiri still engaging and advancing position while on top. Jiri is just a savage, he clearly showed that the fight wasn't over and that Reyes definitely should not have won the fight.

It doesn't matter how long. He was knocked out. The ref missed it. He should technically have lost. There's no exception in the rules for if you wake up fast.

It sucks for Reyes that the ref missed a KO.

flash KO = getting dropped.
KO = opponent should have been able to get the win, Reyes simply did not have the time

Wrong. This is like complaining for losing a fight because the ref didn’t stop the fight earlier when you were dominating.

Except in this case one guy was knocked out.

Just watched it at the 1:05 point in the 2nd round Jiri postures up and the upkick lands, you can see the flash KO, Jiri loses his feet and falls into side control, then quickly regained his composure... insanity that he was able to actually continue and finish like that after having his bell rung, true Just Bleed Discipline

ufc3.gif

So many double posts. Have you heard of editing?

No, I reply to each person that makes the same exact goddamn point individually. Like they're the beautiful snowflakes they imagine themselves to be.

Back