Jiri is like Keith Jardine

Jardine was rugged. Definition of hardwork and grit taking you far in the fight game.

has a solid chin. huge guy.

He and Ferguson both have a great chin...which was Jardine's main weakness. TS definitely could've done a better job on this. While his head movement is good, he still gets hit a lot due to keeping his hands low. The only guys who can get away with keeping hands low are karate-based like Wonderboy and prime Machida---but their styles (footwork, stance, distance) are totally different than Jiri's kamikaze approach.

It's a fun style but won't age well. Overall, the high output, KO power, strong chin, eat-a-punch-to-deliver-a-punch style reminds me most of Gaethje before he became more technical...though their style of attacking is quite different. Gaethje realized his career would be very short if he didn't get more technical and defensive. It also reminds me a little of old Chute Box brawling MT...a style that worked well for Shogun and Wand for a while but both peaked before age 30.

I agree for the most part. He is far harder to hit than shogun and wand in their primes though id say. He will certainly peak earlier. His low hands will provide him better takedown defense though.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more aggressive than Jardine was.

Well, he sure got hit a lot with that left counter power shot. He really needs to work on that hole in his game.

Yeah he may have been a bit over aggressive. Straight shots will be the ones which will give him problems. He had to put that pressure on Reyes tho, as Dominick is the longer outside fighter.

E70yNx6.gif

I usually hate these analogies but this one actually works for me

He's actually quite a bit better than Jarsine but the look and fighting mannerisms are def there

Ehhh Keith was very plodding. He just fought weird and shuffled along. Jiris movements are a lot more athletic and dynamic

Yeah right Keith. He's better than you

Back