Media Jiri Prochazka - I simply began to forget essence of the fight, the violence.

This interview is fantastic.
Thank you so much for the translation/cliffs

It's so refreshing in this day and age for a fighter to talk about... well, you know... fighting.
Instead of the usual social media-esque bullshit.

You guys remember that picture that made the "perfect" fighter?
Ex. Crocops left leg, Noguierias Triangle, etc.

Jiris will and determination needs to be added to it.

Jiri reminds me of the type of fighters that got me into mma in the first place. I’ll be rooting for him no matter who he fights.

Completely the same for me.

He would have been a Mega star in Pride and fit right the hell in.

He's honestly renewed my passion for MMA in a rather large way.

fun fighter but i cannot take his opinions seriously. this entire samrai and warrior bs that he believes in.....that rakic even mentioned it hurt him deeply.he should focus on improving where he is lacking. the rakic fight showed this. he is so vulnerable to leg kicks and is basically a brawler. nothing wrong with that because he does know how to connect and be aggressive but all this BS about samurai and him 'going back to his roots'

he fights all fights the same........put pressure on the opponent with very little regard to his defense and force brawling exchanges. he did the same thing in the perreira fight but it cost him dearly because perreira is a killer. im not buying his samurai persona s and 'back to his roots' opinion
That's alright cause it's his opinion. Not an excuse. Jiri feels like the embodiment of a samurai, I'm sure many will agree with him more than they agree with you.

I mean looked like Jiri was trying to follow a gameplan but couldn't stick with it due to the calf kicks, so he turned up his aggression and got the win. To be fair it doesn't seem like anyone has a foolproof gameplan for them that works all the time everyone can do.

Khabib and GSP both were pretty close to having just one gameplan they could always use to win.

This man is a gift from the just bleed gods.<{JustBleed}>
Enjoy him while he's around and winning. Without a doubt, he will get sparked multiple times over and end his career on a series of knockout losses.

Until then... WAR JIRI

Khabib and GSP both were pretty close to having just one gameplan they could always use to win.
I meant to handle the calf kicks, Aldo kind of has one but takes good reaction time.

Holy cow, I only now realized that of his 30 wins, 29 are finishes. I don't think we've seen a record like that since Carlos Condit (who started with 23 finishes and ended 28/32).

This man is a gift from the just bleed gods.<{JustBleed}>
Enjoy him while he's around and winning. Without a doubt, he will get sparked multiple times over and end his career on a series of knockout losses.

Until then... WAR JIRI
I feel like he moves erratically enough that he can avoid shots simply because he's so weird. His variance of attack is also pretty random.
Doesn't always work obviously but he's less likely than a straight ahead brawler to suffer a KO just because of it

He’s not delusional like some fighters. It’s good to recognize the fault with your style sometimes. Even better if you work hard to fix it.

He can’t just take punches from some of these guys. The guys near the top all have power in their strikes. He has horrible defence. And even when he wins you can see it. Eating a shot is one thing. Not getting hit at all is the better plan, imo.

He was down on the scorecards before subbing Glover.

Jiri's 30-4-1 record disagrees with you here (at least for him personally)

Reactions: HHJ
this dude is a weeaboo that somehow ends up being likeable.

If we want to split hairs, it's also Jiří.
It’s not splitting hairs. It’s different sounding letters and he chose to use country specific letters instead of just omitting them altogether and using the English letters. Had he done the latter no correction would be needed.

For Jiri he just omitted the country specific letters, which is fine.

The guy is must see TV.

Quickly becoming one of my favorites to watch.

Reactions: HHJ
His whole violence take is the reason why he won’t be champ very long if he becomes champ again. He’s like a big gaethje. He’s willing to take to give. Makes it exciting for us but makes having long undefeated streaks hard when you’re at the top of the division.
blablabla

Either you like violence of you dont!

oh no! not two reigns as champion! how lame!

Reactions: Yep
Charlie Olives has a high risk style, he won the belt and defended it, who cares what happens after. Who cares if he eventually pays for it? Whatever happens gonna happen to everyone eventually.

agreed, love the guys who bring the video game character energy
uaa-fjdexter.gif

This interview is fantastic.
Thank you so much for the translation/cliffs

It's so refreshing in this day and age for a fighter to talk about... well, you know... fighting.
Instead of the usual social media-esque bullshit.

You guys remember that picture that made the "perfect" fighter?
Ex. Crocops left leg, Noguierias Triangle, etc.

Jiris will and determination needs to be added to it.

Completely the same for me.

He would have been a Mega star in Pride and fit right the hell in.

He's honestly renewed my passion for MMA in a rather large way.
You mean El Indestructo. Fedors hips. I think it was Nog's chin or heart

Jiri's 30-4-1 record disagrees with you here (at least for him personally)
Yep. Even if it all goes downhill from here on out, he had a very successful run as a mma fighter at the top level, and even won the belt.

People act like his 4 ufc fights is his whole career.

That would STILL be an amazing career.

Back