News Jiri's next fight will be most likely vs top #5 HW or MW

Tokoloko

Czech MMA on the rise!
@purple
Reaction score
(background info) - Jiri had conversation via phone with UFC staff right after his last fight. His main priority was to get instant rematch in +- 3 months with Pereira due to early stoppage, but UFC told him that they are going to wait for Hill - (+-8 more months.).

"I talked with UFC managment about me and my next steps in UFC that evening and they promised me that they are ready to give me fight anytime, soon as possible so i get back into process. This is most important step for me right now, step which i would like to do soon as possible. I want to fully heal my body until the end of the year then i will go back to cage in first quarter of next year or even earlier, for victory."

The problem in LHW is that everyone in top 5 is booked right now. Jiri said that he would like to later on challenge either winner of Ankalaev vs Walker 2 or Blachowicz vs Rakič...but winner will not be able to fight him that soon as he wants which seems to be major problem for Jiri and its not worth for him to fight anyone outside of top 5 rn. So Jiri have different plan, way. He is right now deciding if his next fight will be HW or MW where he sees much more opportunities at the moment. (Jiri recently called out Chimaev which wanted to fight Pereira in LHW....Chimaev declined.)

What opponent from MW/HW would u like to see vs Jiri ?

Attachments

• Title.jpg
    Title.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jiri shouldn't go to HW.
He fought multiple times in HW. His cardio and quickness is great weapon vs these big guys, so i think that he is pretty confident even vs UFC HWs. (He also multiple times sparred with Ngannou in USA - dont know what kind of sparring it was, but still...)

I like the idea of MW, depending on who it is. I've read that Jiri only weighs about 215 lbs--though he looks 220 lbs to me. That's smaller than Costa, and Jiri has slightly higher body fat % to boot!

If he could fight Chimaev, Whittaker or Costa, then that could make more sense than waiting 8+ months for another fight at LHW. I do think he should wait at least 4 months to fight again though in light of how his last fight ended.

Jiri looks like he would be too big for MW, I wouldn't mind him fighting at HW, heck I wouldn't even mind a rematch with Alex since that stoppage was early and Hill is gonna be out a while, although Jiri himself said it was a legit stoppage so idk lol

Jiri looks like he would be too big for MW, I wouldn't mind him fighting at HW, heck I wouldn't even mind a rematch with Alex since that stoppage was early and Hill is gonna be out a while, although Jiri himself said it was a legit stoppage so idk lol
He changed his opinion after he seen it again from video. Tho he said that he wouldnt change what he said in postfight. He simply didnt want to blame ref on stage and wasnt 100% sure at the moment because everything happened too fast.

Jiri making MW seems unlikely. But then we look at Pereira making MW and it seems feasible. Especially since it won't be championship weight. Got that extra 1 pound of leeway.

Jiri vs Krylov is still a top 5 level fight.

I really wish they saved Jan for this fight. Would've been the best stylistic fight.

Krylov isn't booked far as I know, he's not a big name but he's ranked at 6 and it would be a very violent fight between two finishers.

has Jiri ever competed at MW at all in his career? i dont recall. but hey, if he can make 185 thats a scary prospect for the UFC's middleweight division.

Jiri at HW would be intriguing. I think he'd do well but i think guys like Aspinall and Pavlovich give him all sorts of problems. him vs Jones would be a great fight. Blaydes and Almeida would be his downfall.

He fought multiple times in HW. His cardio and quickness is great weapon vs these big guys, so i think that he is pretty confident even vs UFC HWs. (He also multiple times sparred with Ngannou in USA - dont know what kind of sparring it was, but still...)
He fought against smaller HWs overseas. It's not the same level of fighters.

Top 5 HW nows are Aspinall, Sergei, Sergei, Gane and Blaydes. He doesn't really have an advantage against those guys.

Jiri vs Krylov is still a top 5 level fight.

I really wish they saved Jan for this fight. Would've been the best stylistic fight.
Lets be honest what Jiri gains by victory over Krylov? Basically nothing + Krylov ducked him back in 2019-2020 when Krylov didnt have opponent due to injury. He said that he wont accept short notice vs Jiri because he couldnt prepare for him...

If he can make MW, good for him. Looking at the top 5 HW, I really don’t like his chances. Just too risky.

has Jiri ever competed at MW at all in his career? i dont recall. but hey, if he can make 185 thats a scary prospect for the UFC's middleweight division.

Jiri at HW would be intriguing. I think he'd do well but i think guys like Aspinall and Pavlovich give him all sorts of problems. him vs Jones would be a great fight. Blaydes and Almeida would be his downfall.
Not really but he talked about this +- 2 years ago when someone asked him if he would ever accept some superfight, for example with Adesanya in MW. Jiri said that he could make MW weight without any big problems with right and longer diet (2-3 months.). He basically eats whatever he wants atm, just holds weight around 205 constantly.

I don't see Jiri making MW without killing himself

Nah, Jiri vs Ank IMO...I like that fight a lot. Also Jiri can beat Alex..I feel he showed that in their fight.

Always go up never down...unless your a HW already ..

Going to 185. Is just silly...dude is pretty lean at LHW .. if he wants to continue to recover and rebuild strength and muscle in his shoulder...HW is the move to work ...gives his body a chance to be in surplus...no cutting and he can add size and muscle freely..

Going to MW would further deplete him and weakened his recovering body further ...

Anyone advising him of 185 should be fired immediately...

Hw or LHW... That's its for his frame and size...

HW would be great for his recovery..could eat lots of calorie and protein enriched foods to add with muscle regrowth and energy for training /recouping...

If he was my fighter...we do one HW fight ...he can come in at 230-235 lbs leaving the door open for a LHw return...and get a fight in early next year healthy and stronger then if it's time to return to LHw..we work our way down ...

Otherwise...we just recover and fight LHw

Jiri would do fine at MW or HW. Jiri had tooled some big boys several times at HW in RIZIN.

WAR Jiri

<36>

Here we go...

I'm curious to see how many sherdoggers think that Pavlovich Aspinal will destroy Jones while at the same time Prochazka can hang with those guys.

Back