Elections Joe Biden Campaign Rally mega thread! SOTU this Thursday!

After tonight's inevitable disaster with senile Joe, when does Michelle Obama "get drafted" by the party? I know... I know... she claimed she was not running.

I dunno, I have been with ya, thinking they will replace him. I am starting to think they let him make it to the finish line and hope for the best, or just let Harris do it if something happens to Joe. Then hope Trump's presidency sucks, allow them to win in he mid-terms and then 2028.

Trump's momentum keeps building, and I don't think Newsom will risk his future by losing to Trump, and Michelle won't want that stain either.

If they had to go to the bullpen, I am thinking Gretchen Witchmore

Anyways, this MSNBC pregame show isn't going as they hoped lol

After tonight's inevitable disaster with senile Joe, when does Michelle Obama "get drafted" by the party? I know... I know... she claimed she was not running.
I'm actually expecting Biden to do fine tonight. His team knows that it is more important than ever for him to seem coherent given the nation's concern about his age. He's had plenty of time to practice and I'm sure that he will have had a nap. And he will have the teleprompter. That one is the key. If he can't even pull off a scripted SOTU address then he's much worse off than I thought.

I'm actually expecting Biden to do fine tonight. His team knows that it is more important than ever for him to seem coherent given the nation's concern about his age. He's had plenty of time to practice and I'm sure that he will have had a nap. And he will have the teleprompter. That one is the key. If he can't even pull off a scripted SOTU address then he's much worse off than I thought.

I agree that he will “perform” well, as he did relatively well in the other SOTU. I think they juice him up extra for these prime time speeches.

The problem I feel, is the messaging. He is going to brag about his economy, but as I had just posted, even the MSNBC pregame was basically a miss with voters saying they don’t feel what the Biden admin is saying about the economy is true.

Moreover, going after Trump and MAGA again as a threat to democracy, as his lawfare is crumbling and Trump’s support grows.

I think it will be terrible, messaging wise. Of course his base will love it. But the vast majority of Americans will think he is full of shit

what we can expect:

lots of blarney and malarky
shape shifting dark brandon
a few obligatory misspeaks

in short, nothing revolutionary or noteworthy.
all these rah rah speeches are the same IMO.

his handlers would be smart and mindful to prohibit him from his trademark
colloquialisms and old man, dust laden 'jokes'.

I think an inspired segment toward the end would be to have Corn Pop come on stage...
and make Biden his bitch.
they go way back
GCNffHLXkAA7FEe.png

Last edited:
He'll stumble his way through it. There's not gonna be a replacement this late in the game. Michelle Obama is not just gonna be a surprise entrant into the fray, like it's the Royal Rumble or something. Joe will be there in November.

Back