Joe Joyce vs Usyk

I think Joyce will land some good shots so this should be interesting. I kind of hope he can pull it off.

Best fight out there for Usyk with both champs in negotiation and Wilder still indefinite with the dent in his head.

Don't really see how you can criticize him taking on Joyce after the step-aside.

They’re protecting Usyk from Mike Tyson.

In all seriousness this is a good fight. Joyce has climbed in the rankings, he’s got the cardio to make it interesting in a 12 rounder and he’s improved his game with a few more options.

Last edited:
They’re protecting Usyk from Mike Tyson.

In all seriousness this is a good fight. Joyce has climbed in the rankings, he’s got the cardio to make it interesting in a 10 of 12 rounder and he’s improved his game with a few more options.

The fact he is one of the few HWs who actually has decent stamina these days might make it harder for Usyk to pull away like he usually does late in the fight. Of the two, I think Joyce has likely slowed down more since they fought each other in the WSB, but Usyk's legs aren't quite what they were, either, and Joyce's consistent jab and size could really make Usyk work down the stretch.

The fact he is one of the few HWs who actually has decent stamina these days might make it harder for Usyk to pull away like he usually does late in the fight. Of the two, I think Joyce has likely slowed down more since they fought each other in the WSB, but Usyk's legs aren't quite what they were, either, and Joyce's consistent jab and size could really make Usyk work down the stretch.

Yeah, Joyce is certainly beatable but with his size, chin and cardio I don’t see any current HW having an easy time dealing with him.

Good match up.
Joyce is better than I thought. I was certain that Dubois would smoke him inside of a few rounds.
6'6 tall... gave Anthony Joshua hell when they sparred.

Oh good, a guy Usyk already beat. This guy is taking the heavyweight division by storm.

By that logic Oscar and Shane should never fought as pro's, because they already boxed in the amateurs... RJJ and Tarver... Lennox Lewis and Ruddock.... and many more...

giphy.gif

Good match up.
Joyce is better than I thought. I was certain that Dubois would smoke him inside of a few rounds.

By that logic Oscar and Shane should never fought as pro's, because they already boxed in the amateurs... RJJ and Tarver... Lennox Lewis and Ruddock.... and many more...

giphy.gif

In before « But WSB format is hardly amateur » and « Lomachenko was always overrated anyway ».

Joyce is good, he'd give Joshua hell.
15 to 20 pounds heavier and with a bigger frame while having much better cardio, better footwork and head movement.

Hope Joyce kicks the shit out of Uysk. Nothing against the Ukrainian, just like Joyce better.

Interesting fight. I wonder when it would take place as the next 2-3 months are pretty busy.

Viva Ukraine. Rooting for Usyk.

Good fight. Makes a lot of sense for both of them right now too.
Oh good, a guy Usyk already beat. This guy is taking the heavyweight division by storm.
Strange take. Joyce and Chisora would be/are two of the biggest names on Fury/Wilder resumes and those two are the top of the division with AJ lol.

Good match up.

giphy.gif
Right, because Oscar, Shane etc were really lacking great opponents on their resumes.

Back