Media Joe Rogan "Ilia Topuria REJECTED Fight Offer Against Alexander Volkanovski At UFC 305: Perth"

Max is the bigger money fight at this point in time and he's been engaging in a little back and forth with Max. The two biggest names he can add on his resume at FW are Volk and Max so it makes sense since he's already beat one of them.
Ilia vs Max is the fight to make. Book it Dana!

Don't worry guys. As I've been assured, he's just maximizing his worth. It's all part of the character in order to get a bigger fight than something as small as Volk in Australia.
You think Ilia vs Volk 2 would sell more PPVs than Ilia vs Max? After what Max just did to Gaethje?

As a side thought, I wonder if there's some sort of hold up between DDP vs Izzy. I thought for sure that would be the headliner of this card.

On one hand, a newly minted champ shouldn't be rejecting a legit fight.
Agreed with this but when Islam accepts the fight offered in front of him we’d get the “he’s fighting a FW” or “he’s cherry picking” narratives .

I guess Volk deserves a rematch, probably the GOAT FW coming off his first loss. Seems like a great chance for Topuria to make some dough and defend his belt to me
Maybe that would be the case if Volk had not lost two other fights at 155, so actually lost 3 of his last 4 fights, That makes his case much harder to make.

Maybe that would be the case if Volk had not lost two other fights at 155, so actually lost 3 of his last 4 fights, That makes his case much harder to make.
I think UFC might be trying to knock Volk fully out of the FW title picture so they don't have to risk making Volk vs Max 4 because financially Max vs Ilia seems like a no brainer.

Man I don’t think Max is going to be able to keep Ilias respect at 145.
Plus Max is easier to hit, chin of steel but watching Ilia take head kicks and pop back up was crazy.
I just don’t see Max staying on the outside and picking Ilia apart, I think ilia hits hard enough to force Max to run into shots or into a position where he either circles into the cage or towards the shot allowing him to KO Max.

You think Ilia vs Volk 2 would sell more PPVs than Ilia vs Max? After what Max just did to Gaethje?
No, but that's why he was talking about not taking that fight first. See this way, he could sell up the interest in this lower event to be a more exciting prospect before doing a full 180 and accepting Max anyway, so people will get mad about this one and demand he take it right after. It's genius

Co
Agreed with this but when Islam accepts the fight offered in front of him we’d get the “he’s fighting a FW” or “he’s cherry picking” narratives .

Well, the shoe fits, his "champion legacy" will continue, as sad as that seems. Testing "place holder champs" against the best challengers, without intentionally being handicapped with Dana & ufc's help.

REAL Competition is missed from fans that deserve better than the usual farce ufc presents.

Last edited:
Back