Rumored Johnny Walker is the same or improved?

Rebel_LioN

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I don’t think the guy has any fundamentals to even build on for you to make into a better fighter.

Dude just gets by on his power and athleticism and weird lanky angles.

You can be as formless as you want at 205 and still win fights because it just takes one shot to end it.

I like his fights. They are guaranteed entertainment. He's still the same I don't think he's improved but I don't care. The dude is kill or be killed in the first round.

He won't become champ, to become champ you usually need good fundamentals, which he lacks, but he's entertaining to watch. This win might boost his confidence and we can possibly see him knee someone in the head again.
RawEarnestAmericanavocet-size_restricted.gif

He will get flattened by anyone with legit punching power.

He is the same. Wreck less and fun to watch.

Last fight looked like something from a local amateur circuit to be honest <Eek2.0>

Johnny switched into dominant positions, he needs to improve his defense and he’ll be a great contender

Hope he sticks around for a long time whatever the case. Entertainment guaranteed

Same, Terrible defense.
Fun fighter to watch even if I don’t care for him personality wise.
Give us him and Jiri for the fun of it please fight gods.

I saw nothing from him that made me think he has changed his habits or become some kind of Walker 2.0 during his time off after the Krylov bout. He's pretty much lost all of his luster as the hype train prospect who will one day rule the roost at 205 and dethrone Bones. I think he's destined to be a fun, high-octane undercard fighter. That's probably his ceiling: perennial Top 10 guy who can never really put it all together and address his flaws to reach that next level.

Throw him at Lionheart IMO.

Bad defense,bad chin and no ground game still.
He's trash

I doubt people are lining up to fight him. He clearly has room for improvement but he can probably finish anyone in the division on his day.
His defense,cardio,tdd/guard and chin are too mediocre for that he's a white belt on the mat.
He can beat chinny top 15 guys but against any guy in the top 5 with a chin and heart he's done.
Last night he got his guard passed with ease and got dropped 2 times.
He most likely won't improve that much with his dubious workethic and by changing gym each month.

I saw nothing from him that made me think he has changed his habits or become some kind of Walker 2.0 during his time off after the Krylov bout. He's pretty much lost all of his luster as the hype train prospect who will one day rule the roost at 205 and dethrone Bones. I think he's destined to be a fun, high-octane undercard fighter. That's probably his ceiling: perennial Top 10 guy who can never really put it all together and address his flaws to reach that next level.

Throw him at Lionheart IMO.
Kinda like Uriah Hall?

Back