JOKER v. 2 (NYPD Vows to Deploy More Officers This Weekend; First Reviews)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks dumb. Just not a fan of Joker having a background story the mystery was always the best part of his character.

From Esquire's preview of Venice Film festival movies. For anyone wondering why they are doing this I think this sums up things pretty well.

Screen Shot 2019-08-23 at 6.51.17 PM.png

I personally didn't give a shit about a Joker origin movie when I first heard about it but I have came around a lot once I got to see what they were doing. The fact that they are debuting this at Venice means they probably have something legit. My main concern is that this movie is less than 2 months away and they haven't reveal how his Joker character speaks. the second trailer hasn't came out yet which I would assume it would give some glimpse but I am kind of wondering why they haven't shown any of that. They spoiled this Joker visually more than almost any other character I can think of but it's odd we haven't heard the voice yet(besides the laugh in the trailer that was pretty faint). Hopefully they are doing this just to build suspense and to give the audience some suprise. Usually marketing teams would jump all over showing off the voice if it was amazing but we'll see how this plays out. In fact that was actually the first thing they marketed with the Dark Knight....the first trailer had no visuals and ended with Heath doing the iconic laugh and that was brilliant marketing.

Not even Ledger hmm?
You must be a genius. You talk as if you already seen this movie and its release date is October 2019.
I love your english btw ... its length is visionary, so please continue with your lesson, we are dying to hear ...
giphy.gif

Wow.

@Bacco didn’t even need to retort, you bodied yourself, you fucking chucklehead LMAO

Always thought he was perfect for joker role but the trailer looked awful.

Is there a new trailer of this out?

One that sucks?

Because the only trailer I can find for Joker kicks ass

I love the Taxi Driver feel of the trailer hopefully the movie is dope

I kind of hate how much trailers spoil shit, i try to avoid them usually but that was a good one got me pumped for this

Never seen a Todd Phillips directed movie

Phoenix is a better actor than any marvel casting.

Edward Norton and Robert Downey jr have both been pretty good in the past. Idris Elba too. My problem lies more with marvel than the actors, they got some good actors.

Looks dumb. Just not a fan of Joker having a background story the mystery was always the best part of his character.

"If I must have a past, I prefer it to be multiple choice"
- The Joker

That said, it's a real heavyweight playing an R-rated version of the Clown Prince of Crime. At the very least, I'm interested in seeing how this plays out. Also, it's a Joker, not the Joker. Much like the version of Superman who's ship crashed in the Soviet Union and was raised on a collective farm to be a communist. Or the version of Batman who grew up in Nazi Germany and helped Hitler win WWII.

Is there a new trailer of this out?

One that sucks?

Because the only trailer I can find for Joker kicks ass
Depends on what u like I guess.

To me it looked like a slow burn movie about a sude battling mental illness n getting kicked around n thatvhas maybe 15 min of action at very end.

Phoenix is a really good actor but I'm thinking the story is going to be slow an focus too much on his very beginnings rather than his career.

I’ll se it and likely enjoy is cause of Wakeen but I do hate the idea of a Joker origin story. Would much rather a Bane origin, fits the character much better imo

New trailer on Wednesday. Here are some snippets of new footage:

Just watched the new trailer, I don't know what to think about it. I will have to watch it again.

Yeah this looks artsy fartsy. That doesnt mean it wont be good. What it means is...it wont be great.

I'm still not completely sold on this. Not sure what it is.

I sure hope i'm wrong about the movie, and it ends up being great.

This looks really good. Compared to a villain movie like venom that was nothing more that a B origin movie, this movie looks great. I think if you like gangster type films this movies going to be right up peoples alley. They arent showing all the good stuff on purpose, very Scorsese like trailer.

The trailer looks great. You could have gathered it from the previous ones but it seems as if society made joker who he is. Heath Ledger was a gritty, realistic joker and it humanized him. Joaquim is the same idea but with our anger towards society as being the relatable human factor.

Can't wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back