Jon Jones had something to say about Francis Ngannou calling himself the 'baddest man on the planet'

Who wins in a potential fight?

• Total voters
Ngannou is the Lineal champion , he is the man to beat in HW, Jones has a paper belt that is worth nothing.

What is JBJ’s reason for returning after Ngannou vacated the belt? You don’t let an opportunity like that get away from you if you truly want it. Jones didn’t want to fight Francis then and he doesn’t want to fight him now. Jones is one of the best but I don’t think he likes his odds against Ngannou.

Well…
One of these guys has actually fought in the last year and proven it, not to mention also has a fight lined up. While the other hasn’t fought in the last year and doesn’t plan on doing so for another.

Feel free to make all the excuses you want discrediting Jones, but at least he shows up to the dance.

So when Jones sat out for 3 yrs, was he a coward for 3 yrs then? Because UFC & Dana tried to make it look like he was out of his mind &/or scared, similar to how they're gaslighting Francis now.

Jon is to Francis as DC was to Jon. The belt that Jon has is as fake as Jon said DC's was.

He didn't want anything to do with Francis or the UFC until Francis wasn't a potential opponent any more.
Francis could have signed. He didnt have to leave. Would have made more money too. He chose to take a shit deal in the minor leagues to fight nobodies that he still is going to fuck around and lose to.

Jon is the ufc heavyweight champion.
You know, the prestigious title in the prestigious organization?

Why would I cross the street to the fucking ghetto when I live in luxury?
Just stupidity.

What is JBJ’s reason for returning after Ngannou vacated the belt? You don’t let an opportunity like that get away from you if you truly want it. Jones didn’t want to fight Francis then and he doesn’t want to fight him now. Jones is one of the best but I don’t think he likes his odds against Ngannou.
He was working on his contract. Are you pretending you didn't see the stalemate happen for years?
See Jon had an issue with a contract, so they worked to fix it.
Frank had an issue, and ran to the minors to pretend he can box.

And Jones went life and death and arguably lost to a fighter with no knees who got finished by Eric Spicely
Lol the Santos fight wasn't life and death. It wasn't even close. Stretch before you reach.

Lol the Santos fight wasn't life and death. It wasn't even close. Stretch before you reach.
Most media had the fight 48-47. That's the definition of life and death, when Jones barely scraped by a MW fringe contender who blew out both knees in the first round. He also couldn't finish Anthony Smith and nearly got DQ.

It's not Jones' fault the competition isn't great at LHW/HW, but his win over Gane doesn't tell us much other than styles makes fight.

He was working on his contract. Are you pretending you didn't see the stalemate happen for years?
See Jon had an issue with a contract, so they worked to fix it.
Frank had an issue, and ran to the minors to pretend he can box.
I know 3 years went by. What kind of stalemate lasts 3 years and what exactly was I supposed to be seeing? I didn’t follow the pbp I just knew JBJ was coming back at HW but wouldn’t say when and in the meantime Ngannou kept fighting in the UFC.

Last edited:
Most media had the fight 48-47. That's the definition of life and death, when Jones barely scraped by a MW fringe contender who blew out both knees in the first round. He also couldn't finish Anthony Smith and nearly got DQ.

It's not Jones' fault the competition isn't great at LHW/HW, but his win over Gane doesn't tell us much other than styles makes fight.
Hope your joints hold up. That's a ridiculous reach. Jon Jones like really

I know 3 years went by. What kind of stalemate lasts 3 years and what exactly was I supposed to be seeing?
Contracts worth millions of dollars can take time. Lol. Wild that that has to be explained.
Notice how Francis was free for half a year and wasn't signed. It takes time silly.

Jon smacks him in the face after a take down then takes Francis' lunch, tomorrow's lunch money, tells him how pretty his girl is, and finally whispers nighty night sweet prince into his ear all before the three minute mark of the first round.

Contracts worth millions of dollars can take time. Lol. Wild that that has to be explained.
Notice how Francis was free for half a year and wasn't signed. It takes time silly.
In that 3 year time period, Francis fought Stipe and Gane and there was no future contract negotiations hindering those fights from occurring. That means it would have been on Jone’s end. You mean to tell me he was negotiating his 1st HW fight pay for 3 years? I don’t believe it. I think his pay was figured out very quickly. UFC was waiting on Jones to agree to a HW opponent. I think he definitely had his chance to fight Ngannou but didn’t want it. I'm a huge JBJ fan but it's hard to believe the Ngannou fight wasn't there for the taking at one point. Seemed like there was a pretty big window there.

Last edited:
Francis’ demands were much more complicated. He wanted to fight in an MMA org while becoming a stakeholder in said org with the freedom to also take boxing matches.You’re talking about 2023. Nothing was stopping Jones from fighting Ngannou in 2022 but Jones.

Last edited:
He should use that as an excuse, like when he said he beat DC off steroids. Jon Jones is a good fighter but he's not the smartest guy in the world
That is what is kind of exciting and interesting about criminals. They like to show off and they get lazy at some point. So they get caught eventually.

Back