News Jon Jones in talks of return. July way too soon...

It's like he can't read the crowd with the "too soon" comment. Jesus, the guy is borderline retired, hasn't fought since 2020, was on a string of lackluster/iffy wins before that, and has had all the time in the world to be prepared for anything if he cared.

P.S. Am I the only one who has no interest (outside of morbidity) in seeing him fight Stipe? I don't know how truly faded Jones is, but I highly, highly doubt Stipe is remotely near his prime anymore, or that he would present much of a challenge at this point. I hope I'm wrong.

So all of a sudden the UFC is willing to pay him the crazy amount money he was originally demanding, or what gives?

This whole situation seems sketchy as hell, the dude most likely popped, used money as an excuse and the UFC helped cover it up.

I hope he keeps talking up a return for years to come and people here keep punching holes in their walls every time <Lmaoo>

The guy already has a license to cheat, I mean pulsing exemption. How can he be banned for roids? Why is this conspiracy so embraced by sherdog members?

or did bones pop for some new designer roid that wasn’t even invented until recently and impossible to attribute it as pulsing from that broad spectrum chinese dick pill he took years ago?

He's spent the last 6-12 months telling us that he should be good to go by July

I've always been a fan of Jon's, mostly because I like to watch him fight. At times, it's been like watching an artist doing work in the cage. I'm the same way with Valentina these days.

With that being said, I'm just about done. The guy's bigger than Stipe at this point, and my only response to the idea that he won't be ready to fight him in 3 months is that there's fuckery coming from his camp.

I'm praying this is just a negotiation tactic, but even if it is, Schaeffer and Jon need to be careful. The demand to see him at HW used to be higher, and people, myself included, are rapidly starting to become more and more ambivalent about the whole thing.

So all of a sudden the UFC is willing to pay him the crazy amount money he was originally demanding, or what gives?

This whole situation seems sketchy as hell, the dude most likely popped, used money as an excuse and the UFC helped cover it up.
Not long after he hired Schaeffer, Jon said they had worked something out with the UFC where he'd get more PPV points if he went up to HW.

Who knows if that's true, but if it is and they're trying to negotiate even more now, it probably has something to do with the deteriorating relationship between Francis and the UFC.

It's like he can't read the crowd with the "too soon" comment. Jesus, the guy is borderline retired, hasn't fought since 2020, was on a string of lackluster/iffy wins before that, and has had all the time in the world to be prepared for anything if he cared.

P.S. Am I the only one who has no interest (outside of morbidity) in seeing him fight Stipe? I don't know how truly faded Jones is, but I highly, highly doubt Stipe is remotely near his prime anymore, or that he would present much of a challenge at this point. I hope I'm wrong.

It's not a matter of people wanting to see Jones v Stipe so much as Stipe is the only option at HW right now. Francis is hurt, Gane just lost to Francis by decision and Lewis got upset has lost 2 of 3. Blaydes gets finished every time he fights an elite guy.

Stipe's the only elite HW available for Jones to fight unless they wait for Francis which is doubtful.

He's acting like the Ben Simmons of MMA.

How is July way too soon? Hasn't he been preparing for this for like 2 years?

It's april 26th the idea Jones won't be ready for the summer isn't fucking radical. Late 2022 is fine.

You guys need to have more faith in goats.

Until I see a bout agreement I am assuming that he's retired.
Yeah, this is fucking ridiculous. He ducked Ngannou last summer, and what will be over a year later he’s still not ready for Stipe??

This is fucked. How are his huggers going to spin this?

What a walking talking clown.

Wtf? Lol no, man. Just no. They can set up a title fight at any time. Plenty of fighters around
Except none of those fighters have the drawing power or elite stature of Stipe or Jones. Sure, UFC can make whatever 2 schlubs they want for a belt, but Stipe and Jones are the best choices from a legitimacy and selling standpoint by a country mile.

To clarify, what you're saying is that he tested positive for a new substance/additional turinabol dosage before Gustafsson 2 and USADA just made something up so they could justify not suspending him again?

Btw, I don't know how your spin on the situation is "News".

Why would USADA test, convict, and suspend him and then pretend nothing happened? Why not just ignore his ped use and save everyone the trouble?

Back