Jon Jones over values his worth

Jon Jones as delusion as ever seems to not realize that the UFC does not need him. Negotiations are all about leverage and Jones has none. Obviously, there's no love lost between the UFC and Jones, he was nothing but a headache while he was champ. Suspension, drug bust, arrest, repeat.

The UFC was happy with DC as champ at 205. Good ol reliable company man. But since Jones has won the title from DC, nothing had changed, it was the exact same pattern. Suspension, drug bust, arrest.

Jon Jones is the cow that's been milked. He might have one good squeeze left in him (Jones vs Ngannou) but the UFC is fine if that match never takes place.

Ngannou who the the potential to be a superstar in the sport and has many viable contenders to keep himself occupied for the next two years
- Lewis is the next most logical match up
- Stipe Trilogy is always possible
- Gane which is his old undefeated training partner
- Volkov

Francis does not need the Jones fight and neither does Blachowicz at this point.

How can you say he's overvaluing himself when you don't know what value he's asking for?

Why isn’t Ngannou vs Jones in the works?

7dbd69e2d72880d4d79071d3eec20042.jpg

Arguably lost his last two fights, pissed hot a bunch of time in the past, fight once a year and the UFC is always waiting for the next Jones Incident.
And Jones whine like a bitch during the whole process lol

How much does he worth? Less than Jones think for sure

Arguably lost his last two fights, pissed hot a bunch of time in the past, fight once a year and the UFC is always waiting for the next Jones Incident.
And Jones whine like a bitch during the whole process lol

How much does he worth? Less than Jones think for sure

Bingo
Dana rewards the company man/company schills . I'm not saying I agree with it but he has a clear history of doing so. Whether it comes to Media or Fighters.

Only In the ufc. Would the greatest fighter of all time not have anyleverage. And isn’t needed by the promotion.

hell ya. Ufc baby!

He will forever have several asterisks next to his name. I don't like the UFC much either but Jones has no one to blame but himself for this. He's not Dan Hardy fighting GSP for 20k, he's the guy making 5m/fight.

You’re not wrong TS. I do think more casuals know Jon than you think though. He’s been the guy for over 10 years at this point

Love sherdog. Wtf do you know about worth? The guy is a draw even if he is a dbag. Get off dana’s nuts you ball chugger.

Yeah coming off two questionable wins and multiple failed drug tests isnt really the best bargaining position.

They are wins it’s how this sport is played. He hasn’t failed since and is subject to strict testing. Everyone at the ufc level is cheating there is to much USAda can’t catch that doesn’t even break the bank every major fighter and camp has a guy. Jon has looked bad on many occasions in the public eye but his worth should be determined by his accomplishments at this point which are greater than any other fighters in the history of the sport. Who defended the belt as many times. Also bullshit about not counting the close fights he’s breaking the record past his prime most guys at that point would be getting knocked out cold . He did enough to win that’s what counts of course he won’t look as good as he did when he was 23-27

I would consider him underpaid but he is paid market worth, Jones is complaining and being vocal about his pay, not market worth of MMA fighters. If he is upset with how he is paid, he should be upset how others are paid. I don't recall him supporting any fighters unions or lawsuits regarding UFC pay, he has been rather quiet.

Yes he is only 34 years old he has time to argue in court while putting on weight
I wish, but a court case would take a couple years and a lot of money. It would be essentially the end of Jones prime. It's the biggest advantage the UFC has negotiations. They can afford to wait out fighters, but fighters can't.

I would consider him underpaid but he is paid market worth, Jones is complaining and being vocal about his pay, not market worth of MMA fighters. If he is upset with how he is paid, he should be upset how others are paid. I don't recall him supporting any fighters unions or lawsuits regarding UFC pay, he has been rather quiet.
You are right about the selfishness, but no UFC fighter is paid market worth. The fact that free agency doesn't exist 90 percent of the time confirms that.

Jon jones will spend the next 30 years of his life chasing the dragon until he dies in a fiery wreck.

you know it. I know it. He knows it. The crack pipe knows it.

Jones has never broken a million buys, and his last outing in an effort that a lot of people questioned whether he even won did less than half a million. These demands for Conor Mcgregor level money from some people on these forums is pretty damn laughable. Don't get me wrong, his buyrates are definitely successful cards for money. But He's not worth the same money as someone who's regularly clocking in 1.5 million buys per card regardless of who stands across from him.

Jon Jones as delusion as ever seems to not realize that the UFC does not need him. Negotiations are all about leverage and Jones has none. Obviously, there's no love lost between the UFC and Jones, he was nothing but a headache while he was champ. Suspension, drug bust, arrest, repeat.

The UFC was happy with DC as champ at 205. Good ol reliable company man. But since Jones has won the title from DC, nothing had changed, it was the exact same pattern. Suspension, drug bust, arrest.

Jon Jones is the cow that's been milked. He might have one good squeeze left in him (Jones vs Ngannou) but the UFC is fine if that match never takes place.

Ngannou who the the potential to be a superstar in the sport and has many viable contenders to keep himself occupied for the next two years
- Lewis is the next most logical match up
- Stipe Trilogy is always possible
- Gane which is his old undefeated training partner
- Volkov

Francis does not need the Jones fight and neither does Blachowicz at this point.

Basically Jones is doing what you're supposed to do in our system -- ask for as much as you think you can get. If he asks for too much then he simply won't get any fights, and the only person who will suffer is himself. Its between him and the UFC, and doesn't make any difference to anyone else.

Hes not overvaluing himself, hes not taking the fight period

Every professional athlete (including fighters) has a price at which they'll sign a contract. For instance, do you doubt he'd take the fight if he was offered $1 billion dollars? The question is whether the price is reasonable or not.

They are wins it’s how this sport is played. He hasn’t failed since and is subject to strict testing. Everyone at the ufc level is cheating there is to much USAda can’t catch that doesn’t even break the bank every major fighter and camp has a guy. Jon has looked bad on many occasions in the public eye but his worth should be determined by his accomplishments at this point which are greater than any other fighters in the history of the sport. Who defended the belt as many times. Also bullshit about not counting the close fights he’s breaking the record past his prime most guys at that point would be getting knocked out cold . He did enough to win that’s what counts of course he won’t look as good as he did when he was 23-27
Its not me you need to convince. Its the people that pay him.

Jones has never broken a million buys, and his last outing in an effort that a lot of people questioned whether he even won did less than half a million. These demands for Conor Mcgregor level money from some people on these forums is pretty damn laughable. Don't get me wrong, his buyrates are definitely successful cards for money. But He's not worth the same money as someone who's regularly clocking in 1.5 million buys per card regardless of who stands across from him.
They're both underpaid, so why underpay Jones just because Conor is? Why not pay Jones more and hope that drives up Conor's pay?

Back