Jon Jones' UFC career officially over?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jones beats anyone in the HW division not named Ngannou, Gane, or Stipe, and those 3 are good fights. Blaydes and Lewis would be good fights too. Anything else is a joke as Jones makes the fatties gas and chokes them out.

I agree, the talent pool is not as deep at HW, I feel (and have always felt) that Jones steamrolls the HW division, even past his peak.
Based on what exactly? He's being watched very closely for PED use now, and he's never fought at heavyweight.

Based on what exactly? He's being watched very closely for PED use now, and he's never fought at heavyweight.

He'd still have the longest reach in the division, best overall skill set, tough as hell etc etc. The unanswered question is how the layoff has affected him, if he comes back in any sort of shape I predict he'll wear the strap.

Honestly I think it's safe to say yes. he's going to price him selfout of HW fights. We can only hope he fucks up in his typical way (crash a car, lawsuit, assulting a stripper w/e) and actually NEEDS to fight. he doesn't want to fight ngannou, he wants an exorbant amount of money to fight ngannou. there is a difference. just for reference sake, dc didn't do this when he went up against Stipe, he took fight, won and THEN he looked for his pay bump. Jones could do the same, but jones beating ngannou is no easy task.

Jones vs Gane is next.

I could see this too, I think Jones wants the big bucks to fight ngannou (hazard pay) but I don't think he'd price himself out of a fight with Gane.

Last edited:
We'll soon find out I reckon. Nearly 2 years out and no fight planned yet as far as we know

He's had the option to fight this entire time. He hasn't, what's changed since then?

While I'm sure he is more than comfortable financially, Jones has also left a small fortune on the table over the years due to his endless fuckups.

Given that I don't think he is nearly as wealthy as he could/should be at this stage of a "GOAT" career, and given that UFC will not release him to compete anywhere else, I would be very surprised if Jones does not come back for *at least* one more fight.

Jones has about 2 years to figure out how he wants to go out..

Go for the HW belt, or fade away..

At this time, i would be surprised if he doesn't come back. I actually want to see him in other organizations and have some crazy fights lol.

I just don't see how Jones fights again unless he seriously dials down his financial demands from the UFC.
Really like your avatar by the way. Good to see happy people.

Jones beats anyone in the HW division not named Ngannou, Gane, or Stipe, and those 3 are good fights. Blaydes and Lewis would be good fights too. Anything else is a joke as Jones makes the fatties gas and chokes them out.
He would have to actually fight to beat someone.

Well, fight someone that's not his wife

His career was over the moment when he retired from LHW. It was alright when he was fighting guys who were too small and past it, but once he actually started fighting better guys around his own size, things got too close. He isn't going to come back to that.

And he never is coming up to HW. He never even planned to. The whole thing was just him speaking shit and pretending he wanted to while trying to spin the media his way. That didn't work.

He's retired from fighting.

He wants a super fight but he doesn't want it against Francis. Francis has that intangible you can't train for in his unparalleled KO power. You don't want to take a fight where you don't feel you can control the outcome. Jon knows as soon as he loses a fight then his multi million dollar earning power will vanish. Unlike Clonor, no one likes him.

Gane is more than capable and talented enough to beat Jones. But Gane is also the safest fight for bones. Lacks the one punch death touch type of power. He hasn't faced a grappler at jones level or even a fighter that's well rounded like Jones. Also severely inexperienced and I dont recall seeing Gane face any real adversity at this point.

If anything, jones is hoping Gane pulls off the win.
I think Jones wrestling is MIA at this point. If he couldn't utilize it effectively at LHW against non-wrestlers in his last several fights, why would he be expected to do so against HWs? Gane doesn't throw 100% but I'm pretty sure he could knock anyone out if he wanted to. I think he would stop Jones via TKO. If anything, it's Jones who lacks the power to keep him away.

If Francis goes out there and flattens Gane out cold, which is a good possibility, then I hardly think Jones will be champing at the bit to take that fight either.

Jones wanted to move up to HW and take out an old dog like Stipe. He doesn't want any of the heat thrown by either Gane or Ngannou, especially if either wins spectacularly. He's just a Twitter fighter now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back