Jones is laughing looking at the current LHW

ezgif-com-gif-maker-5.gif

Not sure what there's to laugh about considering he struggled with Reyes and Santos who are both a tier below the current top guys.
yeah but look at where they are now and where Jones is
Reyes lost to Jones, since then his score is 0-3 and atm no fights scheduled
Santos lost to Jones, then had a 1-4 , went to PFL , and now his first fight there was nc

Agreed, prime Jones easily finishes either anyway he wants and even an unmotivated 35+ year old Jones probably beats them by decision.

Thiago Santos lost in the minor leagues and Reyes is on a 3 finish losing streak.

Maybe LHW is not that good of a division which makes Jones overrated

the only thing jon is doing rn is thinking of a convincing excuse to retire without facing aspinall

Jones lost to Dominick fucking Reyes, who got smoked by Jiri in case you forgot.

Show me those losses. Cuz last time I checked he has only lost by nearly killing Matt Hammil. Those other nobodies he walked through.

well if you actually watch a fight once in a while, you can actually join this conversation with some creditability. until then, off you go

There's a reason he left LHW... the division is full of guys his size now. The division evolved and Jon's advantages were gone.
He left cause he's past his prime and father time was catching up to him. Preserving his LHW legacy was the logical thing to do.

"The sport has evolved" argument is hilarious. Maybe if he fought 2 decades ago. But Jones is without a doubt one of, if not the smartest fighter today.

Idiots said the same thing when GSP left. "Fighters have evolved. He left cause he was going to lose".

When exactly can these guys retire? Because according to the fans if they leave it means the next guy is better and was about to beat them.

I see both of them posing significant problems for Jon TBH.

There's a reason he left LHW... the division is full of guys his size now. The division evolved and Jon's advantages were gone.

They would be more challenging than HWs for sure. Whether thats enough to win is another story. I would find Hill, Ankalaev and Rakic to be more challenging for Jones than Jiri or Alex though.

You're clearly mentally disabled. I'll leave you alone. Yell for your mom to get you some water. Quick! Sorry I meant fast. Or in your language, "now!"

Don't think anyone who leaves a division for slower fighters with poor grappling would be laughing right now. If anything, he's coping with how weak his move to HW turned out to be.

Just look at last title fight, Jiri and Alex .
What was that ?
One jumping around and throwing faints until he gets dropped , the other one stiff like a stick.
Cmon .
Jones would beat them both in the same night.

So the LHW GOAT who moved up to win the HW title would beat two other LHWs?

Wow...what a revelation! lol

Anyone thinking those guys pose problems for Jon is being silly. Poatan has been taken down by guys at middleweight, including being outwrestled briefly by Adesanya, and then also Jan and Jiri - not guys who are at all known for having great wrestling. Jon would take him down at will and pummel him into living death.

Jiri went life and death with old man Glover, and was lucky to get the win in the end due to Glover being totally gassed in a fight that he was on track to win. I know MMA math doesn't always check out - but Jones literally pummelled a prime Glover in every aspect of MMA.

Alex smokes current Jones within 2 rounds.

I see both of them posing significant problems for Jon TBH.

LOL!

Jones was avoiding HW for a reason.
He cleared out 3 generations of fighters

Now he left LHW for a reason.

This is shit is comical at this point.

What a horrible take. Glover was the champ, Jan, Hill - if that’s not indicative of how much the level of skill has regressed I don’t know what. But yeah, obviously Jones was scurred.

Its the Jones scared narrative.

He was afraid of MW, HW and now afraid of LHW where he dominate for a decade.

next he was too scared to ever fight Lions and Bears.

Its the Jones scared narrative.

He was afraid of MW, HW and now afraid of LHW where he dominate for a decade.

next he was too scared to ever fight Lions and Bears.
First Jones was scared of Johnny Walker, then he was scared of heavyweight DC, then he was scared of Francis, then scared of Sergei Pavlovich, now he is scared of Tom Aspinall, and some even said he injured himself on purpose because he was scared of Stipe lol.

Moving up to HW because LHW fighters are getting bigger is one of the most hilarious things I have read lol

What a horrible take. Glover was the champ, Jan, Hill - if that’s not indicative of how much the level of skill has regressed I don’t know what. But yeah, obviously Jones was scurred.

compared to bloated MWs and shot Pride legends?

Back