Jones is past his prime. Beating him doesn't make someone better.

If Stipe or Pav or anybody beats Jones, it's a good victory but you're not beating a prime Jones circa 2011-2019. He's four years out of his prime. Those are facts. Win or lose at this point,
Jon Jones will go down as the GOAT.

jon-jones-ufc.gif

How does this work in this case of Stipe being further out of his prime??

Not many fighters with the miles Jones has keep a good record. Father time is undefeated, Jones best retire before his time comes. Same people here probably said Fedor's losses don't count because he was out of his prime too.

If Stipe or Pav or anybody beats Jones, it's a good victory but you're not beating a prime Jones circa 2011-2019. He's four years out of his prime. Those are facts. Win or lose at this point,
Jon Jones will go down as the GOAT.

jon-jones-ufc.gif
Jon is in his prime, dude, just cause he had an off night with both Santos and Reyes, it doesn't mean what you think, he just dominated DC, Gus and Smith a few fights before that, plus if Jon wasn't in his prime, Gane would've beaten him, it's like, it's ridiculous you think that, cause you ppl say that Gane is in his prime even tho he IS THE ONE THAT'S NOT IN HIS PRIME, while Jon is still ofc in his prime, if he got a win like this then he is in his prime, STFU, OP.

Yeah , he’s past his peak a bit , but having a victory over Jones on your career resume is still one of the biggest things you can accomplish in this sport .
And I mean legit victory, not the Hammill dq

Jones isn't in his prime, but he's still among the best heavyweights in the world, so it does mean something.

Granted, it also means the heavyweight division is still very shallow in comparison to pretty much every other division.
How is he not in his prime? he is literally in his prime, if he wasn't, he'd have a hard time with Gane as we saw rn, also it is more like that Gane is the one that hasn't hit his prime cause of how he fared against Jon but some casuals say that Gane was in his prime which I absolutely disagree, Jon is still in his prime, dude, before the Santos and Reyes fights, he dominated Smith, Gus and DC before that, no way he just pass his prime immediately like that, also that was a new division for him, so ofc he'd hit a second prime.

Jones prime was from 2011-2015. It's now 2023. There is no way he is still peaking 8 years later in 2023. The real question is how far past his prime is he? His last fight didn't show us much and his 3 fights before that clearly indicated that he's past his best days. I think he wants to fight Stipe and retire on a win over a legend but it must be said that Stipe who is 41 years old, is also way past his prime with nothing but wars and brutal KO losses in his last 5 fights.

“If I win I’m the best. If I lose, I’m still the best”.

Same would apply to Fedor after 2007 right? Any and all fights after that only count if he won them because he was passed or passing his prime. All defeats are now meaningless, they are actually wins!!!

It's normal, Usman looked good against Edwards but somehow he's out of his Prime according to everyone. CroCop was less than 1yr removed from OWGP run, he losses and he's out of his prime. It's going to happened to Volkanovski once he losses to someone at FW, he's going to be out of his Prime. It's always a excuse. Pettis was out of his Prime at 28yrs old allegedly, or he just fought better competition.

Yeah they all might as well lose to him because what’s the point in beating him, right?

I don't think this fight showed he is out of his prime. Perhaps rusty but I don't think we saw enough to gage. His other lackluster fights at lhw I just think he was not motivated by the relatively unknown fighters he was facing.

Why the fuck are so many of you saying "past prime Jones" "old man Jones" after the Gane fight . I had doubts too and thought we'd see the Jones that couldn't take out one legged Santos but he's crushed those doubts. HW is a great division for a fighter late in their career . Hell it's practically the "old man division" funnily enough. You can be Jone's age and even a little older and be a primo HW.
Gane is one dimensional he was brought in to hype up france and get rid of ngannou thats it the ufc marketing machine made you go believe he's an elite fighter in reality he's a fighter from 1993 ufc era easy fight for any grappler

Jones is past his prime

Beating him now is still a big feather in your cap, no matter who you are.

Jones is out of prime but he got beat by the real GOAT Matt Hamill. Besides his wrestling his DQ game was too stronk. There is a reason Jones never wanted that rematch. He yielded to the greatness that is Hamill.

It's normal, Usman looked good against Edwards but somehow he's out of his Prime according to everyone. CroCop was less than 1yr removed from OWGP run, he losses and he's out of his prime. It's going to happened to Volkanovski once he losses to someone at FW, he's going to be out of his Prime. It's always a excuse. Pettis was out of his Prime at 28yrs old allegedly, or he just fought better competition.

In the last fight? You really think so? I thought he looked terrible, tbh.

Back