Jones/Stipe - just a little meh!?

I'm still excited to see the two toughest dads at throw some hands
At the BBQ we could just ask their women who hits harder, but Stipe's wife would say "I married a real man, Stipe's never hit me".

Nah, it's indeed very underwhelming. Especially since the UFC and especially the Jon fans will try to make this into something meaningful, while Pavlovich and Aspinall are really the meaningful fights and Stipe is like 3 years past real relevancy, and even 3 years ago he looked old and past his prime in his last DC fight.

i will watch... i watch every UFC fight... skip some woman fights.
Jones vs Stipe is really meeehhh.

It's a fight that would have been incredible a couple of years ago and now has lost some of its lustre. That's all there is to it. Easy win for Jones, can't wait to see the odds, probably worth dropping a hundred on Stipe just to make it interesting.

Randy vs Nog was a little late but turned into a banger, you just never know how it plays out. It's a little late, but still better than nothing.

The career cheater who ducked HW for a decade vs the retired firefighter fighting for a paper belt.

<RawexDidThis1>

Look… it’s a big fight, it’s much bigger than most.

That said… they’ll market to you that you’re witnessing the GOAT of the sport, will be taking on the HW GOAT, one night only! Dream match! If Jon wins, it’s over!!! He’s the GOAT, it’s secured!

But, then you have peeps like me that look at this bout and just say ‘merhhh’.

Stipe is old. Real old. Also really inactive. Last time we saw him, got absolutely slept by Francis. Man has been a part-timer for a long time, and many accuse him of mopping up a load of aging legends to build his resume. Whether you agree or disagree, they aren’t really wrong, right?

Jon, leaves his fan base waiting for HW for 4-6 years beyond the genuine asking point. Fights Gane, and submits him in 3 minutes. Now he’s fighting 42 year old Stipe?

We can start faking the relevance of these W’s and act like he’s beating prime Cro Cop and Barnett, but if we are honest, these wins are real underwhelming.

I welcome your opinions. Am I just a hater lol?
I feel like his slurring isn't from meth, not even just a little. I suspect it's CTE.

But you could be right and it could be meth.

I didn't read your whole post but I liked your title so I read it a few times.

I like stipe but I can't remember the last time I was impressed with his movement/fighting
The second Cormier fight for me. The way he switched up and started targeting the body, that was art. He was losing the fight, from what I remember. Hit a body shot, saw the affect it had in Cormier, and kept up that attack. A thing of beauty really. That was his best performance in my eyes. Yes he’s got awesome ko’s. The overeem fight was great, but that was more of just being tougher. The 2nd DC fight was toughness, fight IQ, killer instinct, all of it. Their third fight was pretty meh, and the Francis fight was heartbreaking. Now a huge lay off. So it’s been some years.

The funny part is Stipe will be demanding another title shot when he wakes up from the TKO Jones serves him.

stipe-miocic-ufc226promo-750.jpg

The second Cormier fight for me. The way he switched up and started targeting the body, that was art. He was losing the fight, from what I remember. Hit a body shot, saw the affect it had in Cormier, and kept up that attack. A thing of beauty really. That was his best performance in my eyes. Yes he’s got awesome ko’s. The overeem fight was great, but that was more of just being tougher. The 2nd DC fight was toughness, fight IQ, killer instinct, all of it. Their third fight was pretty meh, and the Francis fight was heartbreaking. Now a huge lay off. So it’s been some years.
Yea i can cosign that....agree

I hope he beats jon but its a tall order

Look… it’s a big fight, it’s much bigger than most.

That said… they’ll market to you that you’re witnessing the GOAT of the sport, will be taking on the HW GOAT, one night only! Dream match! If Jon wins, it’s over!!! He’s the GOAT, it’s secured!

But, then you have peeps like me that look at this bout and just say ‘merhhh’.

Stipe is old. Real old. Also really inactive. Last time we saw him, got absolutely slept by Francis. Man has been a part-timer for a long time, and many accuse him of mopping up a load of aging legends to build his resume. Whether you agree or disagree, they aren’t really wrong, right?

Jon, leaves his fan base waiting for HW for 4-6 years beyond the genuine asking point. Fights Gane, and submits him in 3 minutes. Now he’s fighting 42 year old Stipe?

We can start faking the relevance of these W’s and act like he’s beating prime Cro Cop and Barnett, but if we are honest, these wins are real underwhelming.

I welcome your opinions. Am I just a hater lol?
Prizefighting at it's worst. But, it should sell. They have months to figure out how to promote this to the masses. They're selling us money fights over merit, and we're buying. So who's the real asshole here, eh?!?

Or, it's two living legends battling it out one last time, one for the ages.

Take your pick.

Dana never liked Stipe and Stipe doesn't deserve a title fight.
I guess Jon and Dana got together and planned who is the easiest fight for him. Just like Ngannou, Pavlovich is risky matchup no matter what their grappling are.
Jones is already goat, it's already secured. Now he is getting bonus points like Floyd
Jones my be GOAT to you, he will never even be close to goat for me. Dudes a scheming, cheating, strategist. He's no warrior. This narcissistic and insecure cheating rat can never be goat. He blew that chance long ago.

I’d still rather watch Jones/Stipe really fight for a fake belt than watch Fury/Frank in a fake fight at the end of the day.
<{1-8}>

Hardcore's see through the name value, casuals tune in for name value.

I personally don't think a win will be huge for his already great legacy

Theres people who believe Jones is the GOAT regardless of the win, and theres people who think he will never be GOAT due to PEDs

I think very few will think this is the fight that cements his GOAT status. He's mostly either already the GOAT or never the GOAT.

The UFC is protecting Jones, no way they would let Jones fight an actual top HW on a winstreak like Pav

The UFC doesn't believe that Jones can beat Pav which is why they are silent on that matchup

Had to give a softball to Jones for his HW debut with No ground game Gane and now old Stipe coming off a KO loss for his 1st title defense
Stipe is a tougher match up than Pavlovich for jones

Back