Media Jorge on criticism of 2 punches after the knee: Dont want MMA, go back to soccer

I truly wonder how those who defend someone dealing serious damage after the fact will justify it when someone inevitably gets hurt or killed. What will be the argument? What will the ufc say to the commissions who are calling for a complete review of the rules and practices? "It's cage fighting, alright? This ain't soccer!". Somehow I don't think that will cut it.
You do know there is contracts that are signed right? You do know these fighters KNOW exactly what they are getting into. Once the ref stepped in Masvidal stopped, it's not he like tried to get in again. It's these kind threads where pussies come out & cry. Dude your watching a fight, between guys who don't like each other. Get out of here if you don't like it.

lol he's right. these people looking for honor, hespec, sportsmanship are funny. i paid for blood. no i didn't, that's a lie, i didn't pay anything.
but i definitely enjoyed watching the KO and Jorge showboat, which i usually don't, but i know Askren must've pissed him off and fighters with beef and attitude are fun to watch.

I truly wonder how those who defend someone dealing serious damage after the fact will justify it when someone inevitably gets hurt or killed. What will be the argument? What will the ufc say to the commissions who are calling for a complete review of the rules and practices? "It's cage fighting, alright? This ain't soccer!". Somehow I don't think that will cut it.
Yup

man just said go back to ur pussy sport

giphy.gif

I really like Masvidal, but he really have a brain of a chimp monkey :). It is what it is... still respect for calling mma sport hahaha...

man just said go back to ur pussy sport

giphy.gif

Did this really need it's own thread??

First off, 20 other Sherdoggers already said the exact same thing earlier tonight. You literally could have added your weak ass comment in any of the 100 other threads about this fight. We already know that watching MMA instead of the other pussy sports makes you a hard man so you really don't need to try this hard.:cool:

You do know there is contracts that are signed right? You do know these fighters KNOW exactly what they are getting into. Once the ref stepped in Masvidal stopped, it's not he like tried to get in again. It's these kind threads where pussies come out & cry. Dude your watching a fight, between guys who don't like each other. Get out of here if you don't like it.
No use arguing with betas these days. They think being passive aggressive and white knighting gets them laid.

He probably a feminist too.

Why Georgie? I can just wait patiently until you get the same treatment. Seems like a better option.

Yeah..I uhh..kinda doubt it.

Just a few weeks back Ping actually said on commentary that the only sport he watches or knows anything about is MMA.
Michael also said he would fight anyone when he was champ, yeah next we all believe what Dana says too

Why Georgie? I can just wait patiently until you get the same treatment. Seems like a better option.
That's the spirit!
Wait for that same thing to happen to him, if it does, point, mock and laugh at him.
Works like a charm and makes the sport more fun to watch.

Would anybody be shocked if this guy is broke and living in a trailer five years after his mma career is over?

Would it have been cooler if Masvidal pitied him?

I think in a way it would have.

Question for you fans who love the unnecessary follow ups - do you want to see the guys who lose fight again at the same level?

I guess not, because this isn't WWE, that's real brain damage being dished out and people are not the same after they take it.

Follow-up shots are an unfortunate effect of the nature of MMA. Since the fight doesn't stop when a fighter falls down on the mat (like boxing, kickboxing, etc), it is almost impossible to prevent it unless the fighter knows his opponent is out and shows proper restraint. Even the fastest ref can't do anything more. Fighters should avoid it if possible but i don't know if anything else can be done unless there is a new set of rules that regulates this aspect of a MMA fight somehow. Personally, i wouldn't find it bad and it wouldn't diminish my enjoyment of the sport if there was some form of safety regulation but i just can't see how it would be applied.

Back