Rumored Josh Barnett flagged for banned substance.

I'm gonna say it, man.

I've never liked nor seen the appeal in Josh Barnett. Big, flabby, roid-using submission wrestler. Not my cup of tea, weird personality and an odd ego to boot. He's never been my type of fighter to be honest and when you spend 4yrs at a time under suspension, it becomes hard to convince people to change their minds about you. Getting tapped out by fucking Rothwell was hilarious, by the way.

His only redeeming quality IMO is being the only real catch representative since the days of prime Sakuraba, Frank Shamrock, etc. (late 90s). The Rothwell loss was more about hubris and a bad fight IQ. Barnett was losing on the feet and tried to force a single leg...and waited too long to defend the submission. Anyone, even Werdum, could get submitted by a big beast like Rothwell if you don't escape a bad position fast enough. He bought his own hype too much and thought he was impossible to submit, kind of like Fedor jumping into Werdum's guard.

The main difference between Barnett and Jones (and all other more recent UFC fighters) is that Jones only got busted post-USADA. Barnett has been busted during times and in orgs when almost no one else got caught....the UFC in 2003, Affliction, even a freakin' Scott Coker org. Even a roided-out-of-his-mind Overeem didn't get busted when he fought for Coker in Strikeforce.

4-kEGSlvq5_mrhfIrcMtHUAgc8nhcIiQ4_CNjPgTFbCeXFYzSHsGMDQV3PHODKAcuSkBpYieyQeNzHNO537F5Va58tyY66npm9Iim5XprApCdx1p1OU

Steroids baby

Travis-Browne-KOs-Josh-Barnett-in-the-1st-of-UFC-168.gif

Nope

taken some time to mull this over..

He should put this behind him, stop cutting weight and go to ONE

stil love you Barnetto

One of these days Barnett will figure out how to mask properly.

You're still defending him? You realize he was a lot bigger than Randy and like 15 years younger and still used PEDs. That was the first time he got caught (2003) and you really had to mess up to get busted back then...

Not defending Josh. He knows what he put in his body and can defend himself, if he chooses to do so.

Yes Josh was bigger than Randy. Randy put up a good fight, but decided to drop down to LHW and give us all a sweet trilogy fight with Chuck Liddell. Also, Randy literally spanked Tito, in a title unification bout.

As I stated in my post, I wish the best for Josh.

Shit news, oh well throw in Timmy Johnson to demolish Markes.

Lol, Barnett fights USADA for 2 years, wins his case against them and then ...gets busted by a fucking Indian Reservation athletic commission. LMAO!
I've always considered Josh to be a semi-intelligent person (for a fighter anyway), but boy is he a complete fucking retard when it comes down to his roid cycles.
Mofo was first caught juicing in 2002 - that's almost 20 years ago... You would think that 20 years is enough time to learn how to pass a piss test.

Dude needs to just retire from MMA. Go do Pro wrestling full time while you still can and roid away for the most part.

Coker should just wipe his hands with him at this point.

At this point i'm more shocked when Barnett doesn't piss hot. He must really be hurting for money because he lost all credibility in mma years ago.

I like everything about him except this. It's sad, really. Too bad.

Just sticky this thread, it is probably always going to be relevant

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back